MAC Naked Honey Skin Salve

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

4.4

It took me a long time to finally get to try one of these - though I had wanted it when it first came out I was never motivated enough to run and get it before they sold out. I dont agree with the reviews I've seen where they call it repackaged Vaseline. Just because it has petrolatum doesnt make it Vaseline (lots of lotions have it too - but the texture and consistency is completely different). Anyone who has ever put vaseline on their skin or lips knows its incredibly gloopy and thick and never sinks into your skin. This salve doesnt look, smell or feel like Vaseline at all. I wouldnt say its the be all and end all of moisturizers - its not going to magically cure dry skin but its decent and on par with other thick cream type lotions. I bought this mostly for my lips however, and its quite nice there - lasts a long time and feels soft and moisturizing (and I expect will last me a long long time if I only use it on my lips). I like the scent alright, though it smells more like wildflowers to me - almost the exact same as Burts Bees Honey Lip Balm. I like that scent (luckily) though I would have appreciated a touch of actual honey scent mixed in - I think that would've made it perfect (because full on honey would probably be too sweet smelling). Overall, I'd love to see MAC some out with more items like this!

on 6/23/2010 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Great product! I was lucky enough to get this in a swap. Nice, pleasant honey scent. Great for anywhere you need to be moisturized. I really like the sleek packaging and the honey comb imprint on top.

on 2/21/2010 4:56:00 PM

Not sure why it took me so long to review this, I love it!
I have used it EVERY DAY since I purchased it. I use it on my lips when I go to bed and it has taken care of my chapped lips. Wish they would have a permanent item like this. I could take or leave the honey scent.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i love love love this product! it is not vasaline!! i've used vasiline and its never worked like this!
i dont know where i am gonna get anymore! i have used it since it came out and my heels and cuticals have never never never looked like this! i even use it under my eyes when they feel dry...
i want to get some more!!

on 9/18/2009 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I know i'm a few months late but oh well. I just got this and I am absolutley in love!!!! I was at my MAC store and I noticed they still had some of this in the front right by the register. There was a few actually. I always wanted to try it because i've heard soooo many good things about this product. And everyone was right. I first tried it on my lips and it was heaven. My lips felt so soft and it only got better the longer it stayed on my lips. I gave myself a manicure/pedicure and I used this on my cuticles and that was heaven also!!! Not greasy at all, just really moisturizing. I've also tried this on dry spots on my face and it works just as well. I'm actually thinking about getting more since I know they're in stock. Having a backup of this stuff would probably be a good idea. This product is a little pricey, $19 for 1.41 oz but knowing that it's a multi use product I feel better about my purchase. If you're like me and have been contemplating on getting this. Get it!!! It's a wonderful product and I really hope MAC comes out with it again!!

EDIT: I AM STILL IN LOVE WITH THIS STUFF!!! I AM BUYING MORE!!!! We're experiencing a big weather change where i live and when that happens the corners of my lips and the outter corner of my eyes gets really dry. I've been using this stuff and they went back to normal that same day! This isn't greasy and does not sting my eyes. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I'm so happy my MAC store has more!!!

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

This is crap. Save your money. This is just expensive Vaseline with a nice smell to it. I used this on my lips and fingertips and find that it only moisturizes for a moment before leaving that area all dry again. There's really nothing much to say about this except that it's average at best when it comes to moisturizing.This gets 2 stars for smelling good and being in cute packaging.

I love this product, It's nothing like Vaseline it's not sticky and it smells amazing, I thought i wouldn't like this becuase i dont like Vaseline because its so gewy..but i put the nake honey salve on my skin and it felt very nice,It's made my lips feel really soft too i just love this naked honey salvr

on 7/16/2009 6:12:00 PM

This is a very sweet scented multi-purpose salve. I can definitely smell the honey in it. It's not as thick as Vaseline, and it has a lot of natural oils and other ingredients that make it worthwhile. So far I have only used it on my lips and cuticles but it works great for those. What I assume happens is the oils moisturize and the petrolatum makes a barrier. I also LOVE that is has a screw top lid and not a lift-off type like the type Rosebud Salve has. I said I would repurchase it but only because I'm a lip balm junkie, and if they make a different flavor/scent that would be great too.

INGREDIENTS: PETROLATUM [] HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL [] CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL [] TOCOPHEROL [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] HIBISCUS ABELMOSCHUS EXTRACT [] CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT [] LECITHIN [] SQUALANE [] BEESWAX\CERA ALBA\CIRE D’ABEILLE [] SACCHARIN [] POLYDECENE [] FRAGRANCE (PARFUM) [] HEXYL CINNAMAL [] BENZYL ALCOHOL [] LIMONENE [] ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE [] LINALOOL [] HYDROXYCITRONELLAL [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] RED 6 (CI 15850) [] YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools