MAC Cosmetics Naked Honey Skin Salve

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.6

PETROLATUM [] HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL [] CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL [] TOCOPHEROL [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] HIBISCUS ABELMOSCHUS EXTRACT [] CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT [] LECITHIN [] SQUALANE [] BEESWAX\CERA ALBA\CIRE D’ABEILLE [] SACCHARIN [] POLYDECENE [] FRAGRANCE (PARFUM) [] HEXYL CINNAMAL [] BENZYL ALCOHOL [] LIMONENE [] ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE [] LINALOOL [] HYDROXYCITRONELLAL [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] RED 6 (CI 15850) [] YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)

I was lucky enough to FINALLY get my hands on this in a swap recently. I've been using it on my lips, since it's the main dry spot on my body, and it is a nice moisturizer for my lips. Softens them well and keeps them rather hydrated. I'm not a HUGE fan of the scent....thought I would be, but it doesn't smell like honey as much as I thought it would....smells more like jasmine, flowers....reminds me more of LUSH's Flying Fox shower gel (scent wise). I like the CO Bigelow Apple Rose Salve MUCH better...and for the price, I bought 3 of the Apple ones from B&BW for $2 each....I like the Naked Honey Skin Salve, but I won't repurchase it or swap for it again...I think this tin will last me forever!!

on 4/24/2011 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

So good I had to write a review. I love this stuff. I found it (not that I was looking for it) in a CCO near my house last week. I tried it on in the store and just looked around while letting it set on my lips. I WAS SOLD! My lips were soooo soft and moisturized. I've been have issues with finding something that keeps my lips soft and succulent. This is definitely my holy grail. I will be repurchasing even though I don't think I will be running out anytime soon as a little goes a long way.

I love Mac, but I never go for any skin care type stuff (besides Fix +) and this. It was about $18, and I guess it's a decent price for the amount you get. I've had it since it came out and I still have about half left. I wouldn't buy it again just because of the price and I could find a cheaper salve from Bath & Body Works. I used to love the scent, which is obviously honey but now it just annoys me. I always keep it by my bedside table. I always put some on my cuticles and all over my hands, sometimes on my feet since they are always chapped. It moisturizes my cuticles and feet really nicely, better than any lotion could. It's thick and perfect for the winter time! I will at times use it on my lips, only if I don't have a good lip balm at the time; even though I cannot stand the scent. Overall, I like it but I would reccommend getting the cheaper one from B&BW that I mentioned. :)

It took me a long time to finally get to try one of these - though I had wanted it when it first came out I was never motivated enough to run and get it before they sold out. I dont agree with the reviews I've seen where they call it repackaged Vaseline. Just because it has petrolatum doesnt make it Vaseline (lots of lotions have it too - but the texture and consistency is completely different). Anyone who has ever put vaseline on their skin or lips knows its incredibly gloopy and thick and never sinks into your skin. This salve doesnt look, smell or feel like Vaseline at all. I wouldnt say its the be all and end all of moisturizers - its not going to magically cure dry skin but its decent and on par with other thick cream type lotions. I bought this mostly for my lips however, and its quite nice there - lasts a long time and feels soft and moisturizing (and I expect will last me a long long time if I only use it on my lips). I like the scent alright, though it smells more like wildflowers to me - almost the exact same as Burts Bees Honey Lip Balm. I like that scent (luckily) though I would have appreciated a touch of actual honey scent mixed in - I think that would've made it perfect (because full on honey would probably be too sweet smelling). Overall, I'd love to see MAC some out with more items like this!

on 4/8/2010 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have had a BNIB Skin Salve sitting around since the collection launch - I never really thought about it until the other day, when I was going to put it up for swap. I decided to check out some of the reviews and what do you know, I was intrigued, so I dug out a sample jar I was given of it instead of busting into the big one right away.

Surprisingly, I had never thought about using it on my lips as so many reviewers suggest. It is amazing! I have been using it on my lips and cuticles for the past 2 days with great results. It feels substantial yet not sticky on my lips, leaves them feeling wonderful and I even love the honey taste.

I am sure my little sample jar will last me quite a while, and the big tin is huge. Considering how long a tin of this will last, I would say it is absolutely worth the price. If MAC ever decides to bring this back, I am sure I would pick up another one!

on 2/21/2010 4:56:00 PM

Not sure why it took me so long to review this, I love it!
I have used it EVERY DAY since I purchased it. I use it on my lips when I go to bed and it has taken care of my chapped lips. Wish they would have a permanent item like this. I could take or leave the honey scent.

on 1/25/2010 7:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Great smelling salve for the drier areas-hands,lips,cuticles,etc. I missed out during the collection launch,HOWEVER I was able to get one at CCO-not sure if they all have it in stock,but it is worth a try.

I love this! I use it everyday, everywhere :) It smells amazing and moisturizes so well! The only down side is that it is limited edition :(

on 10/7/2009 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I mainly use it 4 my lips, coz i hate 2 condition my dry areas with vaseline kind of moisturizers, the only thing I like about it is that its not as thick as vaseline...
when Naked Honey collection was out I got this product & maybe bcoz every1 was raving about it i thought i loved it, but really I have many better moisturizers & lip treatments which r cheaper than this 1 ...

on 10/4/2009 10:31:00 AM

My MAC counter still had one of these left, so I snatched it up as quick as I could! This. Is. Ama. zing. Period. Smells like sweet honeysuckle, tastes like honey, feels sooo soft on your lips, and you can use it anywhere! I love this so much! All my friends love it too and were totally bummed out when I told them I got the last one. If you can still get this some how, please do! The hype is true about this product!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools