MAC Cosmetics Naked Honey Skin Salve

No Image

4.6

PETROLATUM [] HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL [] CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL [] TOCOPHEROL [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] HIBISCUS ABELMOSCHUS EXTRACT [] CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT [] LECITHIN [] SQUALANE [] BEESWAX\CERA ALBA\CIRE D’ABEILLE [] SACCHARIN [] POLYDECENE [] FRAGRANCE (PARFUM) [] HEXYL CINNAMAL [] BENZYL ALCOHOL [] LIMONENE [] ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE [] LINALOOL [] HYDROXYCITRONELLAL [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] RED 6 (CI 15850) [] YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

This is crap. Save your money. This is just expensive Vaseline with a nice smell to it. I used this on my lips and fingertips and find that it only moisturizes for a moment before leaving that area all dry again. There's really nothing much to say about this except that it's average at best when it comes to moisturizing.This gets 2 stars for smelling good and being in cute packaging.

I was lucky enough to FINALLY get my hands on this in a swap recently. I've been using it on my lips, since it's the main dry spot on my body, and it is a nice moisturizer for my lips. Softens them well and keeps them rather hydrated. I'm not a HUGE fan of the scent....thought I would be, but it doesn't smell like honey as much as I thought it would....smells more like jasmine, flowers....reminds me more of LUSH's Flying Fox shower gel (scent wise). I like the CO Bigelow Apple Rose Salve MUCH better...and for the price, I bought 3 of the Apple ones from B&BW for $2 each....I like the Naked Honey Skin Salve, but I won't repurchase it or swap for it again...I think this tin will last me forever!!

on 10/7/2009 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I mainly use it 4 my lips, coz i hate 2 condition my dry areas with vaseline kind of moisturizers, the only thing I like about it is that its not as thick as vaseline...
when Naked Honey collection was out I got this product & maybe bcoz every1 was raving about it i thought i loved it, but really I have many better moisturizers & lip treatments which r cheaper than this 1 ...

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Well...it's a good product, and I really enjoy the scent, but I think other products will definitely suffice. Honestly it's more like a scented vaseline. It's very versatile, you can use it wherever your skin needs some extra moisture, but if you are on a budget (like most people during a recession) I'd suggest looking for other product's similar to this..Beside's, I think it's discountinued?.....

on 5/6/2011 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Found at a CCO and thought I'd give it a try. Very good produce. I use it on my extremely dry cracked lips. I put it on at night and my lips feels great the next day. I also use it on my elbows and it work great. It is a little thick so I would not recommend it to use over lipstick. lip gloss. I would repurchase but I think I have enough to last a long time.

I love Mac, but I never go for any skin care type stuff (besides Fix +) and this. It was about $18, and I guess it's a decent price for the amount you get. I've had it since it came out and I still have about half left. I wouldn't buy it again just because of the price and I could find a cheaper salve from Bath & Body Works. I used to love the scent, which is obviously honey but now it just annoys me. I always keep it by my bedside table. I always put some on my cuticles and all over my hands, sometimes on my feet since they are always chapped. It moisturizes my cuticles and feet really nicely, better than any lotion could. It's thick and perfect for the winter time! I will at times use it on my lips, only if I don't have a good lip balm at the time; even though I cannot stand the scent. Overall, I like it but I would reccommend getting the cheaper one from B&BW that I mentioned. :)

It took me a long time to finally get to try one of these - though I had wanted it when it first came out I was never motivated enough to run and get it before they sold out. I dont agree with the reviews I've seen where they call it repackaged Vaseline. Just because it has petrolatum doesnt make it Vaseline (lots of lotions have it too - but the texture and consistency is completely different). Anyone who has ever put vaseline on their skin or lips knows its incredibly gloopy and thick and never sinks into your skin. This salve doesnt look, smell or feel like Vaseline at all. I wouldnt say its the be all and end all of moisturizers - its not going to magically cure dry skin but its decent and on par with other thick cream type lotions. I bought this mostly for my lips however, and its quite nice there - lasts a long time and feels soft and moisturizing (and I expect will last me a long long time if I only use it on my lips). I like the scent alright, though it smells more like wildflowers to me - almost the exact same as Burts Bees Honey Lip Balm. I like that scent (luckily) though I would have appreciated a touch of actual honey scent mixed in - I think that would've made it perfect (because full on honey would probably be too sweet smelling). Overall, I'd love to see MAC some out with more items like this!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

all i have to say is wow!
i got this today from my CCO as someone on Specktra alerted me that my local one FINALLY got some new stuff in ^.^
it cost $15 for me and it is soooooooooooo worth it for the amount of product you get :)

it gets your lips moisturized for as long as u want it and smells greatt

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have to say, I wasn't too fond of this product when it first launched. I disliked the smell and thought it was too greasy. Of course after they all sold out a video on youtube sold me on it. I had to try it. Luckily I was able to swap for it and have been using it non-stop this winter. The youtuber that convinced me to buy it said that she used this for everything from her cuticles to her elbows to her nose when she's sick. Well just my luck I've been sick twice this winter and reached for this right away. I have to say, no other product has been so successful in soothing my rough nose (from using so much kleenex). My colds are always horrible and they always consist of at least a week of blowing my nose constantly so as you can imagine it gets very red and sometimes even peels. I started putting the honey salve on right away before I go to bed (and sometimes even during the day) and when I wake up the redness and dryness is suddenly gone! This stuff is like magic! I started to use it for my cuticles (it's also great for them) and as lipbalm. Now the only qualm I have is that as lipbalm it doesn't last very long on me at least. I've used Rosebud Salve for eons which works magic on my lips and unfortunately the honey salve didn't do what the Rosebud Salve does for my lips but it still works good. So now my honey salve is my go-to when I'm sick or when I just want to smell that nice honey scent (I've grown surprisingly fond of the smell). The packaging is cute w/ the beehive look and to my surprise this isn't as greasy as I thought it was going to be. I'm sad that this is LE but really I can't see myself running out of it anytime soon. It looks to be twice the size of the Rosebud salve and I've had the same one for years. Good job MAC.

on 1/25/2010 7:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Great smelling salve for the drier areas-hands,lips,cuticles,etc. I missed out during the collection launch,HOWEVER I was able to get one at CCO-not sure if they all have it in stock,but it is worth a try.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools