MAC Naked Honey Skin Salve

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

PETROLATUM [] HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL [] CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL [] TOCOPHEROL [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] HIBISCUS ABELMOSCHUS EXTRACT [] CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT [] LECITHIN [] SQUALANE [] BEESWAX\CERA ALBA\CIRE D’ABEILLE [] SACCHARIN [] POLYDECENE [] FRAGRANCE (PARFUM) [] HEXYL CINNAMAL [] BENZYL ALCOHOL [] LIMONENE [] ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE [] LINALOOL [] HYDROXYCITRONELLAL [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] RED 6 (CI 15850) [] YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)

on 2/24/2014 11:58:00 PM

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I've had it for a couple of years now and I still love it. I only use it on my lips at night time. The next morning, my cracked lips are plumped again. I usually use my lush mint julep scrub if there is a lot of dead skin. Unfortunately, Mac no longer carries this in their stores. I don't know if this product but I can probably get a couple of more years out of this. Nothing compares to this - I've tried vaseline, and Smith's Rose Salve.

I was lucky enough to FINALLY get my hands on this in a swap recently. I've been using it on my lips, since it's the main dry spot on my body, and it is a nice moisturizer for my lips. Softens them well and keeps them rather hydrated. I'm not a HUGE fan of the scent....thought I would be, but it doesn't smell like honey as much as I thought it would....smells more like jasmine, flowers....reminds me more of LUSH's Flying Fox shower gel (scent wise). I like the CO Bigelow Apple Rose Salve MUCH better...and for the price, I bought 3 of the Apple ones from B&BW for $2 each....I like the Naked Honey Skin Salve, but I won't repurchase it or swap for it again...I think this tin will last me forever!!

It took me a long time to finally get to try one of these - though I had wanted it when it first came out I was never motivated enough to run and get it before they sold out. I dont agree with the reviews I've seen where they call it repackaged Vaseline. Just because it has petrolatum doesnt make it Vaseline (lots of lotions have it too - but the texture and consistency is completely different). Anyone who has ever put vaseline on their skin or lips knows its incredibly gloopy and thick and never sinks into your skin. This salve doesnt look, smell or feel like Vaseline at all. I wouldnt say its the be all and end all of moisturizers - its not going to magically cure dry skin but its decent and on par with other thick cream type lotions. I bought this mostly for my lips however, and its quite nice there - lasts a long time and feels soft and moisturizing (and I expect will last me a long long time if I only use it on my lips). I like the scent alright, though it smells more like wildflowers to me - almost the exact same as Burts Bees Honey Lip Balm. I like that scent (luckily) though I would have appreciated a touch of actual honey scent mixed in - I think that would've made it perfect (because full on honey would probably be too sweet smelling). Overall, I'd love to see MAC some out with more items like this!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

So I went to my MAC counter to look at the Liberty Of London stuffies and as I was about to purchase my pretty new lipglass I saw something in the corner of my eye. It was a black tub with an orangeish honeycomb pattern on top. I went to look at it and fell in love with it. It felt amazing on my lips and it smelled fantastic. I only wish it were cheaper but honestly its HUGE so I definitely think t is worth it. Thinking I will go buy a backup and just keep it in my medicine cabinet incase I ever run out. One application of this stuff and I was SOLD!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

all i have to say is wow!
i got this today from my CCO as someone on Specktra alerted me that my local one FINALLY got some new stuff in ^.^
it cost $15 for me and it is soooooooooooo worth it for the amount of product you get :)

it gets your lips moisturized for as long as u want it and smells greatt

on 10/7/2009 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I mainly use it 4 my lips, coz i hate 2 condition my dry areas with vaseline kind of moisturizers, the only thing I like about it is that its not as thick as vaseline...
when Naked Honey collection was out I got this product & maybe bcoz every1 was raving about it i thought i loved it, but really I have many better moisturizers & lip treatments which r cheaper than this 1 ...

on 9/27/2009 4:17:00 PM

I am SO glad I picked this salve up when the Naked Honey collection came out! It is super moisturizing without being greasy- which to me Vaseline can be a little greasy. I use this almost every night before I go to bed on my lips, hands, and elbows. My skin always feels super soft in the morning. MAC should make this salve permanent! Also, the scent is light, but noticeable and pleasant- not too much at all.

on 9/14/2009 7:48:00 PM

Love at first sight! I tell you. Its a wonder product. You need this! :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Well...it's a good product, and I really enjoy the scent, but I think other products will definitely suffice. Honestly it's more like a scented vaseline. It's very versatile, you can use it wherever your skin needs some extra moisture, but if you are on a budget (like most people during a recession) I'd suggest looking for other product's similar to this..Beside's, I think it's discountinued?.....

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

This is crap. Save your money. This is just expensive Vaseline with a nice smell to it. I used this on my lips and fingertips and find that it only moisturizes for a moment before leaving that area all dry again. There's really nothing much to say about this except that it's average at best when it comes to moisturizing.This gets 2 stars for smelling good and being in cute packaging.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools