Erzulie Flawless Finish Clarifying Foundation

Erzulie Flawless Finish Clarifying Foundation

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have been using Rhonda's products for a month now and they are excellent. I think Rhonda should change the name of this foundation to tinted moisturizer or bb cream so that people won't have unrealistic expectations of this product in terms of coverage.

I love this "foundation". It's creamy but light weight with sheer coverage for me. I apply about a pump with a disposable makeup wedge sponge and it's gives my skin such a gorgeous glow. It's nontoxic and doesn't give me acne. I have no complaints about this "foundation" (which is technically a tinted moisturizer). This is my holy grail and the only "foundation" that I own. My skin feels so nice after washing it off at night. This Flawless Finish Clarifying Foundation is an amazing tinted moisturizer. I love that it has zinc for spf too.

I hate traditional liquid foundations and many tinted moisturizers tend to be too heavy. If you're looking for a light to sheer coverage tinted moisturizer suitable for everyday wear then this is for you. This photographs well too and looks as if I'm wearing nothing when you get really close to me. It's just perfect. I wear the color medium tan.

I like how Rhonda stresses good skin care too. i use her gentle cleanser, daily tinted sunscreen, oxygen face lotion, toner, and rehydrate lotion everyday. Her skin care products are so gentle and have helped improve my skin. I also use her gel pot eyeliner and plan on trying her lip/cheek tints soon. Rhonda's Erzulie products are really excellent for the price and the packaging is cute and simple. I think her stuff is under rated and over looked. I'm surprised it's not more popular.

on 9/5/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Very thick, heavy, waxy white and ashy looking.I can't find a plus to this apart from the price. Can't remember which colour I bought but I threw it after a week in the dustbin. (yeah it was that useless). If you have reaaaally ghostly or pinkish skin then this might suit you

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought a small sample size in medium and also medium-light to test it out. As I have yellow undertones, medium was a much better match. The medium-light was too pinky for my skin.

I applied with a foundation brush and it was AWFUL. It was like spreading slightly-dried (tacky!) Elmer's glue around my face with a brush. It would not spread, at all.

So the next day, I applied with my fingertips, and it worked much better. I am used to spreading, but this did not work very well. I had to pat the foundation onto my skin. The moment I started spreading, it would get thick and refuse to blend.

In the end, it looked okay. It was too sheer of coverage for the thick feeling it left on my skin. I wouldn't mind the thick feeling if it actually gave decent coverage.

If my complexion was improved, I would like this foundation very much as the sheer coverage is nice and matte, but I need more coverage. It just doesn't work for me right now.

The natural ingredients are lovely, though.

on 12/28/2011 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I do not know how I lived without this stuff. I have very sensitive acne prone skin ( in an slightly olive tone-difficult to match) and it is amazing. More like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation, but it even out tone and keeps the oil down all day. It's definitely not your usual texture, so keep that in mind and order a sample on etsy first. I get compliments like "you look rested" or "you look happier." when I wear this. Seriously.

Especially impressed that this accomplished with natural ingredients. I will wear this until I die or they stop making it.

on 3/27/2010 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i bought:cream to powder foundation /liquid foundation /high lighter/eyeliner/lipstick/concealer/mascara/

i like most of them,just the cream foundation is too soft(as i may want a press powder which can fix my makeup nicely when i need t do it quick)

my skin type :acne/very oily/sensitive
when i got the order ,im so excited and i love the package(look so cute and fresh)
i choose this brand cos the ingredient are natural than many of other mmu.

also i need a press powder which is convenient to fix my makeup when iam out side.

anyway ,,,,i use the concealer b4 i apply the liquid foundationi love love this as it doesnt make me break out at all!i use the concealer b4 i apply the liquid foundation!even my skin is getting better.not sure if it's becoz i just change all my regimen.

also love the highlight pencile (i love to use it around my eyes).it's very handle!!,<3
2011/8/11
updated:i found it not so long lasting and i just wanna go back to my dr.g bb cream and estee lauder double wear/ alima mmu ,earsier and i require the coverage.

LOVE THIS! My skin feels like velvet, and looks better than ever! Highly recommend!

on 9/6/2009 9:43:00 AM

I'm giving this 4 lippies because it's more of a matte tinted moisturizer than a true foundation.
Gives nice, very sheer finish.
Does not break-out my skin or make it flakey which liquid foundation does. Topped with a finishing powder looks good and the medium light is a good color match for me.

on 3/26/2010 12:18:00 AM

This is good, not great. It hasa very creamy almost liquid texture, more like tinted moisturizer, but can be built up for more coverage. Like that it has lactic acid in it.Only problem is the light-medium is the right intensity, but too cool/gray toned-- if it had a bit more yellow, it would look more natural on my light-medium skin. As it is, it looks a bit ashy. Would only buy again if the shades improved.

on 7/23/2009 4:15:00 PM

like the previous reviewer, i too use it in medium-light shade.
it goes on light and can be built. it is not a full coverage though. it sinks into my skin great and i don't think i could ever use too much.
my skin does get a "dewy" look from it!

i love that it contains lactic acid which is good for acne prone skin!

on 3/23/2010 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This foundation has a heavy cream texture yet gives extremely sheer, barely there coverage (doesn't cover anything), just a hint of color. It also feels very heavy on the skin. I'm dissapointed. All the colors have cool undertones so if you have warm-toned skin I wouldn't recommend trying this foundation.