Pantene Beautiful Lengths

Pantene Beautiful Lengths

3.2

Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone, Ammonium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium 10, Disodium EDTA, PEG 7M, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Pantene has gone through more reformulations and new looks and types that I can count, but no matter how they make it, they still don't work for me. They had an Expert line from 2014 that was actually pretty good, until they did their thing again and you guessed it, another "do-over". Ruined that one, too. As for this shampoo, it will clarify if that is what you need. But, if you are looking for moisture, length and strength, you may want to steer clear. My hair is really dry and after a couple of uses of this I knew I had better not continue it. If I kept on using this regularly I would probably have no hair left. I know someone who was using this for about 4 months straight. This, along with one of the Pantene conditioners (which I have noticed, many of the conditioners now contain sodium chloride- salt- why do you need salt in a conditioner?). The conditioner she used however, was the Color Revival, and did not contain the sodium chloride. She told me she has stopped using both; first she stopped the conditioner, then later the shampoo, just to see which one was causing the damage that she now has. Maybe it was both, but she continued to get worse the longer she used the shampoo- drier hair, BREAKAGE, hair loss in the drain and the brush, thinning, lackluster, color won't hold- you name it, she got it. But, the deceptive part is that it DID do well for her for a couple of months. Or it just appeared to. It is the long term use that has really been bad for her. So I am glad I stopped with it as soon as I did. I've been having better results with the Dove Oil Therapy.
I will not use Pantene products again. I've tried to give it an opportunity with the thought that MAYBE this time, they will get the reformulation right or go back to what used to work with them (who remembers when they used to have the smaller bottles with the gold cap?! They were so wonderful!). But, no, Pantene just proceeds to get worse. I should have learned sooner. Many people do love their products, and if you love it and it works, then use it. I just can't use a P and G hair product, none of them are good for me. And one interesting thing I have noticed-- Ivory body wash is in the exact same bottle as Pantene shampoo and has many of the same ingredients. Not exactly the same, but close enough for me to not even want to try it.
Overall, a great big "no" on this one and any other Pantene product.

on 9/2/2016 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really nice shampoo & conditioner. Shampoo lathers really well and cleaned great without stripping my hair. Conditoner is very thick and creamy and moisturizes really good. Hair isn't so frizzy and poofy since I started using beautiful lengths. Hasn't noticed a difference in growing but hair is stronger healthier And smoother.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love Pantene Beautiful Lengths shampoo and conditioner. I've been using this for about 4 years on my fine, long, curly hair. I have tried many other brands but always come back to this one. It leaves my hair shiny, soft and smelling great. My boyfriend and son always say my hair smells good. I use conditioning treatments here and there but I don't think I will ever use anything but this product. I hope they never discontinue it. I think its awesome, it really works for my hair.

I love this product and the only place I can buy it at is big lots. I'm hoping it's not discontinued.
I love the fact it has strengthen my hair and helped it grow.

on 8/30/2014 9:10:00 PM

Absolutely awful. it made my hair feel like straw but clumpy and greasy at the same time- how is that even possible pantene? I gave this shampoo two chances, and the second was worse than the first. I think a bar of soap would clean my hair better.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

There is nothing positive that this product for my hair. Yes, it got my hair and scalp, completely clean. However, it is far too drying to my hair, and it is not something that I ever will revisit again. Pantene shampoos are some of the most drying ones that I have ever used on my hair. This shampoo comes with great claims, but it failed to deliver on any of such, with my hair.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very fine hair & used this only once since my sister always raved about it (she has very thick, wavy locks) and wanted to see what she liked about it. I always shampoo twice in the shower & after using this my hair felt so dry & brittle. I didn't have a conditioner on hand at the time so I was very afraid for my hair. When I looked at it in the mirror the next morning (I take night showers) my hair was so shiny & clean. There was no trace of dry shampoo or styling products or dirt or oil at all. I was shocked. It did for me what a clarifying shampoo does to others. I'm sure pairing this shampoo with my new Head & Shoulders Deep Conditioning Mask will make this combo work beautifully especially since I only wash my hair twice a week. Girls with fine hair too, don't be afraid of how dry this makes your hair. Just go in with a deep conditioning mask afterwards & you should be alright.

on 6/15/2014 11:14:00 AM

Compare to the ingredients to pantenes anti breakage. Its the same exact thing

on 4/22/2014 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product. however, expect for the smell, I did not enjoy it. I normally use a sulfate free shampoo, but after hearing this product hyped on youtube for those growing out their hair I decided to give it a try. LIES! My ends are dry and I do not feel this has helped my hair stay strong. Also leaves a build up after 3 - 5 days. Not a awful shampoo, but it did not work for my hair type (fine, with dry ends). You might find this works for a thicker hair type, however I would still recommending avoiding as it contains sulfates. Sulfates do dry out your hair over time, so they are best avoided. I am currently finishing up my bottle and will not be re-buying .

on 4/4/2014 4:07:00 PM

I have fine hair. This shampoo completely sucked it dry. It seriously feels like straw, even with the conditioner. Def do not recommend for fine hair.