Maybelline Stylish Smokes quad in Amethyst Smokes

3.2

on 7/19/2017 12:47:00 AM

Poor quality. Poor pigmentation. Poor stating power

on 5/29/2014 1:54:00 AM

I LOVE these colors. I have used up and replaced this quad twice already. I could do without the upper right shade (Crease? the dark purple) but nonetheless I use the other three shades until they're gone. They go great together or in combination with other shadows. I have never had problems with them not being pigmented enough or wearing off too prematurely, but then again I apply more shadow than the normal person. Makes it effortless and foolproof for those just getting started or dabbling in Smokey eyes.

on 1/6/2013 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

The color payoff on this quad is mediocre. I do not recommend it. This is very chalky. I also have the Emerald Smokes (greens) and it is much better.

on 10/7/2013 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've only used the top two colors in the palette. The black was too gritty and the white just never applied really. I loved how the dark matte purple blended effortlessly into my crease without me having to pile on a lot of eyeshadow. The stylish smokes is one of Maybelline's best palettes in my opinion.

on 9/2/2013 10:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really love the pigment of this eye shadow. I noticed that a lot of people reviewed saying that there's not much pigment and that its chalky, but I truthfully did not have that problem. The color is a nice deep violet and the crease shade is absolutely fantastic, very deep with a slight blue tinge. I have to agree that this quad is best for a night out and not something I would wear to school/work. Overall I absolutely love this quad and would recommend it to anyone!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love the purples. Wish they were a little brighter. But definitely great!

on 2/10/2012 5:34:00 AM

I usually have bad experiences with drugstore eyeshadows so this was the first time I tried a drugstore eyeshadow in about 6 or 7 years, and thought maybe it won't be so bad after hearing that Maybelline raised the quality of their eyeshadows.

I tried this eyeshadow out first without primer, and applied them with my fingertips. I found that it's hard to load product on dry fingers, and as a result the application of the eyeshadow turned out to be a little sheerer than I was hoping for. The highlighter applied best, but the lid shadethe vibrant purpletook a little work to build the opacity. These shadows wipe off really easily too, so I imagine staying power is horrible and the fallout is a mess, especially since these are a little shimmery.

Next I applied the eyeshadows with eyeshadow primer, and the results were INFINITELY better than without primer; I imagine these are generally best applied wet! The colors still require a little work to build up opacity, but hardly as much work as without a primer. The shades were easier to apply with precision and control using the primer. I don't understand why drugstore brands don't really sell eyeshadow primers!

The packaging is okay, it's cheap plastic and doesn't make me feel guilty about throwing it in my bag on the go. The applicators are ok if you prefer clean fingers but otherwise they're useless. I get better application with my fingertips. Overall this quad is an okay product for the price (about $1.25 per color, not bad). I will continue to use it but probably won't be repurchasing it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This was my first eyeshadow quad I ever bought :3 I wore a crazy purple eye look the next day to school and totally thought I was hot stuff. Ahh freshman year.

ANYWAYS, now that I ACTUALLY know how to use it I like the two purple and the white quite a bit, the black I find powdery and too chunky in the glitter department.

Overall a good quad for anybody just starting out, just please watch some videos before you apply it, you don't want to look like someone punched you in the eye. (That was me freshman year...)

on 8/15/2012 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

personally this is my favorite for a smokey eye, the colors are dark enough that the purple doesnt look crazy but the purple still makes my dark eyes pop

on 12/15/2012 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was the first eye shadow quad that I purchased. I really like that the instructions are printed in the shadow itself so you know where to put the eye shadow (great for beginners). The main purple color is really pretty and pigmented, as well as the navy blueish color. The white is somewhat chalky with light shimmer, and the black did not show up for me at all. It is really chalky and has chunky glitter in it. I mainly use the purple and navy blue shade in this quad.