Revlon quick dry base coat

Revlon quick dry base coat

3.3

I love this and it's my favourite. Picked up for £2 along with the nail Brightener and the top coat for the same price.
It days very quickly and is super easy to apply, I have loads of ridges on my nails but this evens them out with one thin layers.
My resolution is to work my way through all my polishes in 2017 and ones that usually chip within a day or two are lasting much longer.
I've stocked up and bought another two bottles because I love it that much.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Very nice base coat, dries very fast as the name implies. Doesn't seem to encourage peeling or staining. I don't wear manicures for long periods of time (frequent changer) but this does seem to make polish stick really well.

on 7/14/2015 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I've been using this for a couple of weeks, and so far I like it a lot. I'm still pissed that Revlon discontinued my holy grail Colorstay gel base coat, and I'm not saying this is an acceptable substitute--not yet--but this is working for me. It sets fast to a slightly sticky consistency, doesn't smell bad or weird, and is holding my polishes fast. I must say that I do not wear one manicure for like, 2 weeks; no, I'm a nail polish addict and I'm fickle. Right now I'm wearing Reign of Studs by L'Oreal over this, and it's been four days with only slight tip wear and a tiny chip. That's pretty good IMO. I've used this with other polishes and it has performed similarly. Will update.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this base coat!!! I originally was going to buy an OPI base coat but David Jones was sold out so I popped into Priceline and grabbed this one. I'm amazed at how long my manicure lasted - 7 days! Even then it was only very slightly chipped on the edges of some nails at the end of this - some were still flawless. Normally my nails chip or peel only after a day or two. I used it with an OPI polish and Poshe topcoat from eBay.

This is a pretty decent base coat. Provides an okay, sticky base for the polish to adhere to.

on 1/7/2015 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I just bought this and I'm trying for the first time. First off, sweet mother of god this base smells bad. Like.... old cheese. It's so disgusting and I've never experienced this from a polish. It's also taking forever to dry. So disappointed!

on 11/16/2013 10:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love both the Quick Dry Top Coat and Base Coat. The Top Coat has really good MUA reviews, but I'm sad to see that the Base Coat doesn't. I think they're definitely comparable in terms of quality and price. I paid $4 CAD for each bottle, and I'm on my 3rd Base Coat bottle and 5th Top Coat bottle.

Some reviewers experienced bubbles with this base coat, but I haven't had such problems during the 3 years that I've been using this product. Instead, I get a very even and smooth base for nail polishes. The polish lasts at least 1 week with the base and top coats. I can wear dark polishes without worrying about dark colours staining my nails. Also, the polish tends to stay better on my nails - it doesn't peel off unless I leave the polish for longer than 1.5-2 weeks, which is usually when I remove the polish and re-do my nails. However, my manicures still chip and crack after 1 week. I'm not sure if there's any product that remain chip- and crack-resistent for longer than that. If you do, please let me know!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This does a great job at keeping my polish on but it seems to be drying my nails out. They're starting peeling a lot, even after I started using nail and cuticle cream. It's staying power doesn't justify the damage it's been doing to my nails.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

Not the best base coat I've ever used. I bought it because it was on sale and I wanted to try something new. This base coat did not prevent colors from staining my nails as if I hadn't used a base coat and it caused my nails to peel even more than I'm used to. I also did not feel as if this made my polish last any longer or prevent chipping. I would not buy this again or recommend it to a friend.

I love this product, dries fast and my manicure lasted for a week. I am confused by the reviews below , my nails are prone to peeling and I've had no problems with this product. I wear nail polish regularly and this is he best base and top coat I've ever used. I am sticking with them.

One note: in the picture listed for this product it has a yellow tint. The bottle I have, the base coat is white and the bottle is matte. I am wondering if there has been a recent formula change. My bottle is clearly marked quick dry base coat.