MAC Cosmetics Eccentricity Mineral Eyeshadow Quad

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Cosmetics Eccentricity Mineral Eyeshadow Quad

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really, really dislike this product. I got my hopes up so high while waiting in the queue to pay for it, and when I got home and tried it, I was sorely disappointed.

The color pay-off is next-to-nothing and I really had to dig my brush in there to get anything apart from random bits of glitter. A friend recommended using it wet, and when I did the color finally came out BUT even though I used it with UDPP (best primer for me) the color wore off during the day and all that was left was a very light imprint of what was there in the morning when applied.

Another thing I really didn't like was the fallout. I've tried various times to try to prevent fallout but every time I've ended up with glitter down my face leaving me looking like a vampire from Twilight in the sun.

Another turn-off was the price. I justified it at the till, but after using it I can't believe it was quite a lot of money for such a rubbish eyeshadow.

The way the eyeshadow is set out looks really good and really nice, but its just not practical. The size of my light gold color is a little over the size of my 239 brush. And, after use a few times, I was trying to imagine how it would look when its nearly run down...and it would look like a complete mess.

The only thing I like about this eyeshadow is the colors. The light gold color is gorgeous, and paired with the dark bronze color, it really brings out my eyes. The purples are nice too, but after putting them on my lid, they looked almost identical.

Overall, a bad product that money shouldn't be wasted on.

Beautiful quad! Love the purples and the colors go great together. Putting the gold in the center of the lid really gives the colors a pop!