MAC Eccentricity Mineral Eyeshadow Quad

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
MAC Eccentricity Mineral Eyeshadow Quad

3.5

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

If I could repurchase this I would. These colors are so nice together. They arent the MOST pigmented, but I think that is why I like this. Its super easy. Just pop it in your makeup bag for travel. It is SO nice to not have to bring a big bulky palette. This takes up little to no room and all the colors work so well together. It isnt what you see is what you get, but I was pleasantly suprised.

I think this eyeshadow quad is just OK. I use the light brown and the darker purple a lot but haven't touched the gold. really. Colour pay off is Ok, not the best, but it works better when I use a sponge brush. Nothing too exciting about this quad. I prefer their regular eyeshadow over their mineral ones.

on 9/14/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this quad, but it just flat out didn't grab me even after giving it more than one chance. The colors look stunning in the compact, but just failed to wow me once applied. There is very little color payoff to this, it's mostly just shimmer at best. I tried using it wet, which just made more of a catastrophe out of it, rendering the texture even worse than dry. MAC's quality seems to be all over the place in recent years, and while I had high hopes for this, it was just a big fat fail. This sadly went right back to Macy's in return for something useable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Let me first start by describing the Eccentricity mineral eye shadow quad. It contains 4 colors: a gold, a light purpley/lavender, a true purple, and a deep plummy/brown color. I love to use the light purpley/lavender color on the first 1/2 of my eye lid, the true purple on the outer 1/2 of my eye lid, the plummy/brown color in my crease and outer-v, and the gold on the inner corner of my eye! I then add eyeliner and I have and really pretty look where the color can be adjusted for day or night, depending on the method used to apply the shadows. I thought that I was going to return the 3 mineral eye shadow quads that I purchased from the Colour Craft collection. These mineral eye shadow quads have HORRIBLE glitter fall out!! I tried using them dry, wet, patting and no blending, etc... I finally figured out how to minimize the fall out. I use my NYX jumbo eye shadow pencils in Milk, Lavender, or Purple. I choose which one to use depending on the intensity of the color that I want. These bases are very sticky so that the eye shadows adhere better. I do experience some fall out, but that is easily fixed. These mineral eye shadow quads are available for a limited time from your local MAC counter or on maccosmetics.com for $19.50.