MAC Eccentricity Mineral Eyeshadow Quad

MAC Eccentricity Mineral Eyeshadow Quad

2.5

on 8/29/2009 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the first mineralized eye shadow product I have ever bought from MAC, so I didn't really know what to expect, I was expecting really great shadows, but I just got alright shadows. I bought this quad and none of the others because this one stood out to be the most because of the lovely purples in here, the gold and the brown/plumy colour in here. The colours are really nice still, swatch fine, but on the eyes they are harder to work with than regular mac shadows and gritty. The gold is probably the worst because it's just chunks and not solid shadow. The dark purple and brown are pretty good. Overall, I don't think I will be buying MES from MAC again, they are expensive and I'd much rather just pick up some shadows instead.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really, really dislike this product. I got my hopes up so high while waiting in the queue to pay for it, and when I got home and tried it, I was sorely disappointed.

The color pay-off is next-to-nothing and I really had to dig my brush in there to get anything apart from random bits of glitter. A friend recommended using it wet, and when I did the color finally came out BUT even though I used it with UDPP (best primer for me) the color wore off during the day and all that was left was a very light imprint of what was there in the morning when applied.

Another thing I really didn't like was the fallout. I've tried various times to try to prevent fallout but every time I've ended up with glitter down my face leaving me looking like a vampire from Twilight in the sun.

Another turn-off was the price. I justified it at the till, but after using it I can't believe it was quite a lot of money for such a rubbish eyeshadow.

The way the eyeshadow is set out looks really good and really nice, but its just not practical. The size of my light gold color is a little over the size of my 239 brush. And, after use a few times, I was trying to imagine how it would look when its nearly run down...and it would look like a complete mess.

The only thing I like about this eyeshadow is the colors. The light gold color is gorgeous, and paired with the dark bronze color, it really brings out my eyes. The purples are nice too, but after putting them on my lid, they looked almost identical.

Overall, a bad product that money shouldn't be wasted on.

Top Rated Eye Shadow