MAC Cosmetics Eccentricity Mineral Eyeshadow Quad

MAC Cosmetics Eccentricity Mineral Eyeshadow Quad

3.4

From the Colour Craft collection, these 4 color quads are such a steal for 19.50! It's colors are: Rich gold, Light violet, Rich bronze, Deep plum. This one is really gritty compared to some others in this collection, when applied there's poor color payoff.

I recently went to the MAC store in Fashion VAlley (this store is ranked #5 in the entire US), San Diego, and asked the store manager (a friend who is also the overseer of 5 other stores!!!) Erica if she would do my face with some of the mineralize products and she used Eccentricity on my eyes...WOW!!! the sheer colors were beautifully blended and she used all 4 colors on my eye (with HAUX in the crease which is the secret to make it really pop).

when i had first seen this quad online i thought i would not buy it because i already have golds and plums. but once its on your skin it is very velvetty and i cannot imagine how i could replicate that by mixing others to replicate all that this cuad does...it would be a mess!

AND...big and...the texture you definitely cannot duplicate...it gives DIMENSION to the eyes. needless to say i was stunned by how she made it look on me, paired with SMOOTHE MERGE as a blush, contour and highlight.

if i ever ran out of it, i would defintly repurchase! many people say they wouldnt repurchase many mac products but that is because you get sooooo much for your buck, not because of regret... because trust me, you wont regret this one!!

Great colors! My favorite quad in Color Craft collection. The dark and light purple are sooo pretty and quite vibrant. They last very long on my lids with a base. The bronze and gold are quite shimmery so they're good for night outs or on weekends. Not sure about wearing to work, especially the gold color. It's a steal at $19.50 because each color only costs $5! I have a feeling this quad is going to be a big mess when I'm using it up (which i doubt i will because i never use up an eyeshadow). The pigmentation is very good... not too pigmented and not too sheer. It's just right.

Beautiful quad! Love the purples and the colors go great together. Putting the gold in the center of the lid really gives the colors a pop!

on 7/31/2009 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

surprisingly....im not a fan
i thought i would be...i really did
the dark purple and taupe-ish colour were nice
the gold was overly shiny. i dont know how the heck anyone can use that colour.

also i found that the color payoff wasnt that great and i wasnt a fan of the texture. i have the play on plums mineralize eyeshadow which i LOVE so its not that i dont understand how mineralize eyeshadows work

going to return this one and get something else....

overall it's not horrible but i would rather spend the money on something i really want to use

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really, really dislike this product. I got my hopes up so high while waiting in the queue to pay for it, and when I got home and tried it, I was sorely disappointed.

The color pay-off is next-to-nothing and I really had to dig my brush in there to get anything apart from random bits of glitter. A friend recommended using it wet, and when I did the color finally came out BUT even though I used it with UDPP (best primer for me) the color wore off during the day and all that was left was a very light imprint of what was there in the morning when applied.

Another thing I really didn't like was the fallout. I've tried various times to try to prevent fallout but every time I've ended up with glitter down my face leaving me looking like a vampire from Twilight in the sun.

Another turn-off was the price. I justified it at the till, but after using it I can't believe it was quite a lot of money for such a rubbish eyeshadow.

The way the eyeshadow is set out looks really good and really nice, but its just not practical. The size of my light gold color is a little over the size of my 239 brush. And, after use a few times, I was trying to imagine how it would look when its nearly run down...and it would look like a complete mess.

The only thing I like about this eyeshadow is the colors. The light gold color is gorgeous, and paired with the dark bronze color, it really brings out my eyes. The purples are nice too, but after putting them on my lid, they looked almost identical.

Overall, a bad product that money shouldn't be wasted on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Let me first start by describing the Eccentricity mineral eye shadow quad. It contains 4 colors: a gold, a light purpley/lavender, a true purple, and a deep plummy/brown color. I love to use the light purpley/lavender color on the first 1/2 of my eye lid, the true purple on the outer 1/2 of my eye lid, the plummy/brown color in my crease and outer-v, and the gold on the inner corner of my eye! I then add eyeliner and I have and really pretty look where the color can be adjusted for day or night, depending on the method used to apply the shadows. I thought that I was going to return the 3 mineral eye shadow quads that I purchased from the Colour Craft collection. These mineral eye shadow quads have HORRIBLE glitter fall out!! I tried using them dry, wet, patting and no blending, etc... I finally figured out how to minimize the fall out. I use my NYX jumbo eye shadow pencils in Milk, Lavender, or Purple. I choose which one to use depending on the intensity of the color that I want. These bases are very sticky so that the eye shadows adhere better. I do experience some fall out, but that is easily fixed. These mineral eye shadow quads are available for a limited time from your local MAC counter or on maccosmetics.com for $19.50.

This must be the worst MAC product I've tried.

Texture: very gritty
Colour: Very pale and not as impressive as other MAC eye shadows. I had to wet brush to get some decent amount of colour
Staying power: Not that great, it falls out fairly quickly

Overall the quality was unlike MAC at all, I've paid $44 AUD but got something I could pick up for $5!

I ended up returning it and picking up two other eye shadows Style Snob and Smoke and Dimond, can't wait to try them out as they get goos reviews.

on 8/29/2009 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the first mineralized eye shadow product I have ever bought from MAC, so I didn't really know what to expect, I was expecting really great shadows, but I just got alright shadows. I bought this quad and none of the others because this one stood out to be the most because of the lovely purples in here, the gold and the brown/plumy colour in here. The colours are really nice still, swatch fine, but on the eyes they are harder to work with than regular mac shadows and gritty. The gold is probably the worst because it's just chunks and not solid shadow. The dark purple and brown are pretty good. Overall, I don't think I will be buying MES from MAC again, they are expensive and I'd much rather just pick up some shadows instead.

on 9/14/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this quad, but it just flat out didn't grab me even after giving it more than one chance. The colors look stunning in the compact, but just failed to wow me once applied. There is very little color payoff to this, it's mostly just shimmer at best. I tried using it wet, which just made more of a catastrophe out of it, rendering the texture even worse than dry. MAC's quality seems to be all over the place in recent years, and while I had high hopes for this, it was just a big fat fail. This sadly went right back to Macy's in return for something useable.