63%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

Looks like a rich dark chocolate brown with golden shimmer in the pan. On me it wears more like black-brown with only faint shimmer. Great as a liner. Will update once I try it wet. (Part of the permanent collection now.)

About reviewer (935 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3 months ago

This is ideal as a cake eyeliner that lasts all day. It is better than things that are actually marketed as cake eyeliner. As a shadow it's difficult to work with unless you are an expert.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

from

2 years ago

This is perfect for liner or just to deepen the outer v and all over the lid for a sexy smokey eye. Its super super pigmented and its very versatile. I have this and cordura(right side in the duo) and mekong is darker and more pigmented. Cordura leans on the grey side. Id recommend this shade if you need something dark almost black and to work as a liner. its a gorgeous color and i probably never have to repurchase but if i do lose it i wouldn't go out and buy because its very pricey for a single eyeshadow.

About reviewer (391 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

You need very little and it will show up as a medium-dark brown (no red in it). If used heavily it shows up almost as black--but definitely still brown. Can be used as a crease colour or smudged out liner. Versatile because of the pigmentation. Love using it. Makes a smokey eye very simple. Not recommended for beginners at m.u., because sheer colours are easier to work with.

About reviewer (635 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

3.0

5 years ago

What a huge disappointment this was! Swatched with finger it definitely picked up the shimmer but once applied to the lid it translated as black and no shimmer whatsoever. I even used Too Faced Glitter Primer and pressed the shadow on my lid and no luck whatsoever in retaining that beautiful shimmer that had me pick it up in the first place. And another bummer was the fact that this shadow creased with both my NARS lid primer, Urban Decay Primer Potion and of course Too Faced Faced Glitter Primer. I'm kinda on the fence about returning as I could possibly use it as a liner but I already have a deep chocolate black eyeshadow that is dupe this one (just minus the shimmer factor ). I wanted a dark chocolate brown shadow with shimmer to sport as a smokey eye...no dice with this one.

About reviewer (320 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

6 years ago

Mekong is a gorgeous deep espresso color with gold sparkles. I love using it to line my upper lashes. It is much softer than black, but yet deeper and richer than a standard dark brown shadow. Very unique. Just beautiful!

About reviewer (279 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

A long time favorite of mine, I can't believe I have never before reviewed this eyeshadow! I have brown eyes and I used this for an eyeliner often (both as a dry shadow and as a wet liner when paired with Fix+) and even all over the lid when I want a very dramatic look. The very subtle flecks of gold in this different sort of dark brown make this color one of the most unique I have in my way too vast shadow collection. I highly recommend this for anyone with brown eyes - a HG shadow for me. Just a warning that this shadow is super pigmented so approach with caution.

About reviewer (484 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

7 years ago

I tried this on in Sephora today and couldn't resist. I've been in an eye makeup funk -- my black liners look too harsh on me lately and the eyeshadow-as-liner with my lighter browns and deep mauves and purples was boring and making me look older. I'd accepted that I'd transitioned into a red lips and mascara girl for life. But then I applied this gorgeous rich warm, coffee brown with subtle gold shimmer with a flat brush as eyeliner and WOW! I had my color and application all wrong and just needed to find the right shade to go with my blonde. For all you blondes out there that feel like you look like an aged streetwalked with black liner, this is your answer. I couldn't pull this shade off as an eyeshadow itself, but applied this way I am absolutely in love. Depending on how much you use you can create a polished day look or an all out night look. I put some NARS Silent Night eyeshadow on my inner creases to match the gold in the Mekong and paired with a matte red lip and looked made up but in a way that could pass for both the office and a night out.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3.0
from

7 years ago

I've worked with some pretty dark brown eyeshadows but Mekong by NARS is something different. In the tester it looks like a deep rich golden brown with gold shimmer/sparkles. Just beautiful. I had to have it. On my eyelid though it looked almost black. When I first used it for my smokey eye I looked like I was punched in the eye. The gold shimmer doesn't really show up on my lid either. Had to start from scratch with this one. It's a very hard shadow to blend as well. I specifically use this shadow as a liner and for my outer v which is wear this shadow really shines. I will stick with MAC Handwritten (deep matte brown) for my crease.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

8 years ago

I love this shadow....its a deep, rich chocolate brown with a gold fleck shimmer to it. I use this in a few different ways:first I use this with a 219 brush as a soft, smudy liner around my eyes. Then sometimes I use with a 217 to smoke out my crease. I have also been know when my hair is very dark to use this as a brow filler....looks really pretty espeically on a night out. If you have dark brown or black hair def give it a try! I love the ability for multi-use of this product, makes it more worth the money, especially if you're like me and have so much makeup it doesn't give all the love it deserves. Quick tip for a gorgeous smokey eye: UDPP in Sin lid to brow bone. Then take Mekong with a 219 brush and smudge all around the top and lower lash line. At the top lash line keep adding color and smuding out towards the crease until you get the depth of color desired. Super quick, easy and sexy smokey eye!

About reviewer (278 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Cool