NARS Brumes Duo

NARS Brumes Duo
BrumesBrumesNARS Brumes

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm the first blue-eyed review of this product and I'm quite surprised. The sophistication of these colours is amazing and as I always say what looks blah in the pan turns out to be marvelous on your eyes. The brown is cool with blue/grey undertones and the blue is a true navy which means it has black undertones (that's what navy is) and slight shimmer. The brown side makes blue eyes advance out about a foot in front of your face it is that enhancing. The dark matte blends out extremely smooth and sheer so it has impact but it is not piled on. The navy works well in the crease better than a liner and it brings drama so unless you wear just a bit of this on the outer corner I would leave it alone for day. The brown however is unequalled and frankly while it mixes well with other light shadows I would leave it to speak for itself. I feel this one swipe of colour pays off so well in sophistication that it speaks volumes. Definitely a downtown look with out trying too hard and isn't that the point.

on 11/28/2011 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This duo looks excellent on NW45 skin! I actually haven't' used these 2 shades together but have used them with lighter colors.. like the grayish/purplish color with bars ondine.

on 3/26/2010 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like Brumes. I purchased this duo when I had my makeup done at the NARS counter in Lord and Taylor. It had just come out for the Fall 2009 collection. The makeup artist did a smoky eye on my with this palette that I really liked and decided to buy it. I am glad that I did. The colors apply very smooth and pigmented. The matte gray color translated to a true gray on me which I really liked. I would defiately recommend this palette if you like doing smoky eye looks because you can use both colors seperately to create different intensities of a smoky eye. You can also use the powders as liners because they are so dark. Try it out, you will probably like this one.

on 6/4/2010 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Well I must be blind because while all the other reviews describe this duo as shades of grey, to me the left looks like a taupey brown, and the right looks like a deep navy grey. Funnily enough, on my actual eyelids, they both look like slightly different shades of dark brown. I think this illustrates how the same eyeshadow can look different on different people, and as such, you really need to try before you buy.

I had a lot of NARS duos, but have swapped most of them away except this one. t may seem silly, but I find the packaging annoying because I can't put the shadows in a palette which means that I forget what colours I have. With MAC, for example, I can put heaps of colours in one palette and simply open my say, 'neutral' palette and choose from them all right in front of me. I know this is a bit petty but when you have 10 mins in the morning for ALL your makeup, having all your colours of the same family in front of you is handy.

As to pigmentation, I do like them, and I find them easily blendable. I have worn Brumes to work for a subtle look and out at night for a smokey look so no complaints there. However, I have to say I will most probably let this one go once I get similar colours in my palette. Because they look extremely similar in colour on my lids, I will probably be able to replace the two shadows with one.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like how highly pigmented this shadow is. With all Nars products, I absolutely love the packaging. It's a luxurious black sleek case thats small and durable. I found that the colors are very typical in Brumes, but the quality isn't. They went on super soft, almost had a slight creamy effect to them without being a cream shadow. The color is extremely buildable, a little goes a long way! I wore Brumes with Belle du jour (Nars lipstick) and it looked so sexy together. I recommed wearing this shadow with a nude lipstick so your eyes get all the attention :).....I gave it 4 lippies due to the fact that the price is high! I would repurchase.

on 8/19/2011 8:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This duo definitely is out of my comfort zone when it comes to NARS eyeshadow duos. I'm usually all for neutrals, but something about the taupe-brown and the dark silvery blue drew me to this and made me buy it. Its an amazing duo for when I need a quick smokey eye, but am not in the mood for a typical black based one. Its gorgeous.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm a huge smoky eyes fan so this duo was definitely a no-brainer for me. Matte dark grey & shimmery charcoal shades that work wonderfully together & also look great paired with other shadows.
Nars matte shadows are fantastic, the grey in this duo is no exception. Soft & extremely blendable yet very pigmented. The shimmery shade is good too, also very blendable & pigmented but it isn't an OTT shimmer. Not frosty or excessively glittery, but a pretty twinkly sheen.
I find myself reaching for the matte shade a lot to use with other shadows as it can be used to create a deeper, smoky look or used more sparingly for something lighter. It can work for daytime looks.
All in all, a great duo.

on 10/16/2009 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've bought so many products in attempt to create the perfect smokey eye, but I've never been very successful. Then I tried Brumes and I achieved the look I've been going for on my first try. I am amazed at the range I can get from these two colors. They can be applied sheerly for a day time look and then can be easily built upon for a super sexy night time look. I love the way these colors make my green eyes pop. Like all Nars shadows, this duo blends beautifully and lasts all day or night. Will definitely repurchase.

on 12/30/2009 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sold at Sephora for CDN $32. This comes in a solid dark brown/grey and a shimmery dark green/blue.

This is quite pretty - particularly the shimmery colour. Both go on as a smooth washes with decent strength of colour and no creasing or migrating. It's a bit pricey for what you get though

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Why doesnt anyone have better reviews for this Duo? I like the unique colors in it, I know it might seem a bit boring but its the alternative smokey eye than your typical black grey.I use it as an all over color and add a little grey eyeshadow and its so beautiful, matte colors can tend to be a bit smooth and smear a little but add it with another color like the grey in the crease blend it with a fluffy brush,use one of the colors on the lid and the other add to the crease, stunning, just blend well, like I suggest to all when it comes to darker colors blend! blend! blend!