Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 Pink

HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 PinkHD Microperfecting Primer in 7 Pink

on 11/23/2013 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Bought this as a present for myself, lol. I knew I wanted one of the MUFE primers and when I went to Sephora the girl completely sold me on this one when she told me it'd make my skin look like a doll's. I'm not QUITE sure about that, but I do love it. It feels so light and smooth going on, brightens up my skin and holds my thick Illamsqua rich liquid foundation on ALMOST all day. (My skin gets oily towards the end of the day.)

While I do really like this product but I don't know if I can be sucked in to spending another 40 euros on a primer. I might buy it again in the future, but right now I just cannot afford it. :(

I love this primer! I am not a fan of primer in the first place, I see it as just another step that sucks up precious time in my makeup routine. However, while I was in Sephora, the pretty bottle and the claim that it brightens the complexion, suckered me in. When I applied this five minutes after my moisturizer with SPF (Cerave...which is my HG A.M. moisturizer) I immediately fell in love with how it felt on my skin. It had more of a lotion-y feel to it as opposed to a silicone-y feel. It absorbed immediately. There was no slimy film left on my face. In fact, it made my face perfectly matte but the moisturizing properties of this primer didn't dry up my face. It was supple yet matte. I couldn't see a pore and the slight pink tone did seem to make me look better. The pink isn't too rosy though, it seems to blend with my fair skin very well. My Colorstay foundation was applied and quickly set to a beautiful demi-matte finish. I use concealer under my eyes and this primer seemed to leave my eyes underneath the perfect concealer canvas. I set my concealer with the lightest touch of MAC's prep and prime transparent finishing powder and I set my face with a loose dusting of Covergirl's Simply Powder in Classic Ivory (I use a kabuki brush, not the sponge that comes with the foundation) My makeup lasts ALL day. I don't get oily, my makeup doesn't rub off. Most importantly, my concealer doesn't migrate and settle into fine lines. I feel as though my face looks brighter, although many people haven't seen a brightening effect. I'm wondering if they are confusing brightening with glitter. This primer has zero glitter, glimmer, sparkle, shine whatsoever. And I couldn't be happier about that. It brightens the complexion by counteracting sallow tones, not by giving an artificial disco ball sheen to your face. Overall, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this primer. I will never buy another primer. Period