MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 Pink

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 Pink
HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 PinkHD Microperfecting Primer in 7 Pink

3.6

This is amazing! It made my foundation last all day without needing touch ups or blotting. It evened out my complexion and made it brighter. And it hasn't irritated my skin in the least!

I've been wary of colored primers since I tried L'Oreal's drugstore primer in green and pink. Those did absolutely nothing for my skin and felt slimy on my face while casting an unnatural tone to my skin. My only other experience with a higher end primer was with Bare Escentuals PrimeTime, but that too felt very greasy on my face and provided absolutely no help in wearing time. This HD Primer? A completely different story.

The consistency is kind of runny. It blends into moisturized skin very easily. The color sinks in right away and I don't notice an overly pink cast of any sort on my face. If anything, I feel like my skin looks brighter. One pump is pretty generous and covers my entire face and then some. I apply it with my fingertips as I think that wastes less product.

Before I found this primer, I thought I would have to give up my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation because it just would not stay put... Four hours into the day, I felt like I was an oil slick and found that the foundation would disappear from my nose and chin. I hate reapplying foundation, especially expensive foundations like Armani. I wanted something that would look as good at mid-afternoon as it did in the morning when I first applied it. This primer has corrected just that, very surprisingly!!

I've been testing applying it right after applying neutrogena's sunscreen in spf 100+, and right before applying Armani's foundation in 03. Both products are extremely oily, but I feel like this primer eats up the oil and creates a base for my foundation to hang on to. I still feel like I get a pretty dewy finish when all's said and done - but now it's not an oil-slick kind of dewy and more of an intentional dewiness.

If you have oily skin or an oily foundation that wont last throughout the day, I would highly recommend trying this primer. It might just save you the hassle of having to find a different foundation.

on 12/9/2011 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have yellow-based skin with big pores and minor discolourations and this really does "microperfect" my skin. I use MUFE face and body foundation over it.

I use HD foundation in 119 (probably NC20) and this gives a nice glow. I want to try the other shades, but why fix what ain't broke. Will repurchase.

on 9/19/2011 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this one in pink as it supposedly helps to brighten your complexion and covers yellow tones. It works fine. At first I didn't notice any change but I do find now that my foundation (Guerlain Lingerie) lasts longer... But I bought a looser powder to set my foundation so perhaps this is it!

I'm not THAT impressed with it but I have dry skin and so it kind of helps. It hasn't broken me out and my skin actually improved a lot but I also changed my moisturizing routine when I bought this!

It has a light smell I kind of like. I'll try another primer the next time I need one but I wouldn't be opposed to buying this again. It's decent and waaay better than the Smashbox 'primer' they push on us at Sephora. Seems like as soon as they put a halt to all the marketing on Smashbox's photofinish they started pressuring people into getting the MUFE primer instead... Perhaps someday they'll offer me a primer that's not decent but great??

on 7/28/2011 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this so it would prep my skin for makeup and make it go on smoother. It does just that. Like the others have said, it doesn't do much, if anything, for controlling oil or providing coverage for imperfections. But, if you're looking for a simple primer to put on before makeup, this one does the trick. Oh, and the lady at Sephora told me you don't notice the pink on your skin - you DO. Not a lot, but I definitely notice a difference!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I actually really liked the effect of this primer--I did think that it brightened up my very fair, cool skin tone. However, I felt that it was slightly greasy (definitely not matte), and it absolutely made my skin break out. Admittedly, I have very touchy skin, so this may not apply to most people, but I definitely won't be repurchasing.