MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 Pink

Filtered by hair type : Straight
MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 Pink
HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 PinkHD Microperfecting Primer in 7 Pink

4.8

I love this primer! I am not a fan of primer in the first place, I see it as just another step that sucks up precious time in my makeup routine. However, while I was in Sephora, the pretty bottle and the claim that it brightens the complexion, suckered me in. When I applied this five minutes after my moisturizer with SPF (Cerave...which is my HG A.M. moisturizer) I immediately fell in love with how it felt on my skin. It had more of a lotion-y feel to it as opposed to a silicone-y feel. It absorbed immediately. There was no slimy film left on my face. In fact, it made my face perfectly matte but the moisturizing properties of this primer didn't dry up my face. It was supple yet matte. I couldn't see a pore and the slight pink tone did seem to make me look better. The pink isn't too rosy though, it seems to blend with my fair skin very well. My Colorstay foundation was applied and quickly set to a beautiful demi-matte finish. I use concealer under my eyes and this primer seemed to leave my eyes underneath the perfect concealer canvas. I set my concealer with the lightest touch of MAC's prep and prime transparent finishing powder and I set my face with a loose dusting of Covergirl's Simply Powder in Classic Ivory (I use a kabuki brush, not the sponge that comes with the foundation) My makeup lasts ALL day. I don't get oily, my makeup doesn't rub off. Most importantly, my concealer doesn't migrate and settle into fine lines. I feel as though my face looks brighter, although many people haven't seen a brightening effect. I'm wondering if they are confusing brightening with glitter. This primer has zero glitter, glimmer, sparkle, shine whatsoever. And I couldn't be happier about that. It brightens the complexion by counteracting sallow tones, not by giving an artificial disco ball sheen to your face. Overall, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this primer. I will never buy another primer. Period

on 9/19/2011 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this one in pink as it supposedly helps to brighten your complexion and covers yellow tones. It works fine. At first I didn't notice any change but I do find now that my foundation (Guerlain Lingerie) lasts longer... But I bought a looser powder to set my foundation so perhaps this is it!

I'm not THAT impressed with it but I have dry skin and so it kind of helps. It hasn't broken me out and my skin actually improved a lot but I also changed my moisturizing routine when I bought this!

It has a light smell I kind of like. I'll try another primer the next time I need one but I wouldn't be opposed to buying this again. It's decent and waaay better than the Smashbox 'primer' they push on us at Sephora. Seems like as soon as they put a halt to all the marketing on Smashbox's photofinish they started pressuring people into getting the MUFE primer instead... Perhaps someday they'll offer me a primer that's not decent but great??

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Uuummmm,,, as a base primer, this is good stuffs. it can hide my big pores, and also make my face looks flawless in camera. But after all, nothing significant changes with my over all makeup. But basically, this is good!
i don't think i will repurchase this. Except i don't find the other good base face primer like this one, then i will back to use this. Hehhehe...
Still, i recommended this to you all who wanna get a flawless looks in camera and want your foundation stay longer in your face.

on 1/10/2011 10:34:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was my first primer from MUFE. Prior to this I have used RMK makeup base, Laura Mercier foundation primer and Lancome la base pro. Among all the primers I have tried this is the one I like the most. I was recommended this shade #7 pink by the SA as I have fair skin and the pink is supposed to add radiance to the skin. Sometimes when my skin is abit too rosy this primer can make my face look abit flushed. Having said that its no big deal because once I apply foundation on top it looks fine. The product comes packaged in a nice plastic bottle with a pump. I know that some people have complaint that the pump becomes faulty after awhile but I have not experienced any problems so far. The primer smells absolutely divine and feels nice and silky on the skin. I wouldn't say that this primer is very moisturising but it certainly did not dry out my skin. After application of the primer, any foundation that I apply on top glides on like a dream! I also find that the primer does prolong the longevity of my makeup (i don't have oily skin though) and keeps my makeup looking fresh throughout the day. As with all MUFE products, this product is quite pricey and is the most expensive primer I own but I will definitely repurchase in the future.