Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 Pink

Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 Pink
HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 PinkHD Microperfecting Primer in 7 Pink

4.8

on 6/11/2012 2:24:00 AM

I like MUF HD series a lot, and this one didn't let me know either. It worked very well on my combination skin and helps to correct my skin tone.

I love this primer! I am not a fan of primer in the first place, I see it as just another step that sucks up precious time in my makeup routine. However, while I was in Sephora, the pretty bottle and the claim that it brightens the complexion, suckered me in. When I applied this five minutes after my moisturizer with SPF (Cerave...which is my HG A.M. moisturizer) I immediately fell in love with how it felt on my skin. It had more of a lotion-y feel to it as opposed to a silicone-y feel. It absorbed immediately. There was no slimy film left on my face. In fact, it made my face perfectly matte but the moisturizing properties of this primer didn't dry up my face. It was supple yet matte. I couldn't see a pore and the slight pink tone did seem to make me look better. The pink isn't too rosy though, it seems to blend with my fair skin very well. My Colorstay foundation was applied and quickly set to a beautiful demi-matte finish. I use concealer under my eyes and this primer seemed to leave my eyes underneath the perfect concealer canvas. I set my concealer with the lightest touch of MAC's prep and prime transparent finishing powder and I set my face with a loose dusting of Covergirl's Simply Powder in Classic Ivory (I use a kabuki brush, not the sponge that comes with the foundation) My makeup lasts ALL day. I don't get oily, my makeup doesn't rub off. Most importantly, my concealer doesn't migrate and settle into fine lines. I feel as though my face looks brighter, although many people haven't seen a brightening effect. I'm wondering if they are confusing brightening with glitter. This primer has zero glitter, glimmer, sparkle, shine whatsoever. And I couldn't be happier about that. It brightens the complexion by counteracting sallow tones, not by giving an artificial disco ball sheen to your face. Overall, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this primer. I will never buy another primer. Period

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Uuummmm,,, as a base primer, this is good stuffs. it can hide my big pores, and also make my face looks flawless in camera. But after all, nothing significant changes with my over all makeup. But basically, this is good!
i don't think i will repurchase this. Except i don't find the other good base face primer like this one, then i will back to use this. Hehhehe...
Still, i recommended this to you all who wanna get a flawless looks in camera and want your foundation stay longer in your face.

on 1/10/2011 10:34:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was my first primer from MUFE. Prior to this I have used RMK makeup base, Laura Mercier foundation primer and Lancome la base pro. Among all the primers I have tried this is the one I like the most. I was recommended this shade #7 pink by the SA as I have fair skin and the pink is supposed to add radiance to the skin. Sometimes when my skin is abit too rosy this primer can make my face look abit flushed. Having said that its no big deal because once I apply foundation on top it looks fine. The product comes packaged in a nice plastic bottle with a pump. I know that some people have complaint that the pump becomes faulty after awhile but I have not experienced any problems so far. The primer smells absolutely divine and feels nice and silky on the skin. I wouldn't say that this primer is very moisturising but it certainly did not dry out my skin. After application of the primer, any foundation that I apply on top glides on like a dream! I also find that the primer does prolong the longevity of my makeup (i don't have oily skin though) and keeps my makeup looking fresh throughout the day. As with all MUFE products, this product is quite pricey and is the most expensive primer I own but I will definitely repurchase in the future.

on 3/28/2010 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I use MUFE in 128 (although could get away with 140 and 153 if that helps) and I have strong yellow/olive undertones. The SA recommended this to correct sallow/yellow tones and for an overall brightening effect ont the skin. I liked this immediately from the moment I began using it. I love that it's moisturising, so Ive been able to use it around my undereyes and dry areas with no worries. It feels like a light lotion, a similar consistency to the NARS water based primers although it dries very quickly to a somewhat matte feel on the skin (NARS stays very supple). I did half my face first to see the effect of the primer compared to the other half without - and I have to say, it really does work in correcting yellow tones. My skin looked more even and just neutral, but the effect is very subtle and natural looking, if I didnt tell you, you would never know. However, I think I may try the Mauve one next as it's a darker colour so I think it may have an even more pronounced effect on sallow tones. Did it brighten my skin? Well, my skin did feel more luminous but there was no drastic difference. The overall result with this primer is that it does even out the skin, corrects sallow tones and adds luminosity, but the effect is very subtle.

As a base for my HD foundation, it has worked surprisingly well. Im used to using more silicone-feel primers and was addicted to MAC prep+prime spf50 for a while, so this was a new experience for me. It doesn't feel like you're priming your skin - yet my foundation lasted 12 hours, required minimal touch ups and looked glowy and fresh. So Im happy with this.

The biggest improvement is my oilyness. My skin just feels less oily these days! I used to have to powder my skin every few hours with Revlon CS or EL DoubleWear because I felt like they were so thick and make-uppy that they were melting off my face and never stayed fresh looking. I dont have to do this anymore with my MUFE HD primer and foundation. You'd think the moisturising formula would make oilyness worse, but my skin feels so much more balanced and NORMAL for once.

As a primer in its own right, I'm not sure if it would function as well with a foundation from a different brand. But because MUFE is my HG I really won't be trying it anyway! :-) Using these two products together has made my acne-ridden skin look and feel flawless all day, my skin feels so SMOOTH and poreless, my imperfections are invisible and so many people have been complimenting my skin. I love MUFE <3