Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 Pink

HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 PinkHD Microperfecting Primer in 7 Pink

4.1

on 5/23/2011 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I HATE HATE HATE THIS! its so thick. and it doesnt do anything! it doesnt conceal pores, doesnt control oil, doesnt make your makeup stay longer. i still have my 2/3 full. doesnt do anything. SOOOOOOOOO MAD THAT I PAID FOR THIS SHIT

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I actually really liked the effect of this primer--I did think that it brightened up my very fair, cool skin tone. However, I felt that it was slightly greasy (definitely not matte), and it absolutely made my skin break out. Admittedly, I have very touchy skin, so this may not apply to most people, but I definitely won't be repurchasing.

on 7/28/2011 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this so it would prep my skin for makeup and make it go on smoother. It does just that. Like the others have said, it doesn't do much, if anything, for controlling oil or providing coverage for imperfections. But, if you're looking for a simple primer to put on before makeup, this one does the trick. Oh, and the lady at Sephora told me you don't notice the pink on your skin - you DO. Not a lot, but I definitely notice a difference!

on 12/9/2011 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have yellow-based skin with big pores and minor discolourations and this really does "microperfect" my skin. I use MUFE face and body foundation over it.

I use HD foundation in 119 (probably NC20) and this gives a nice glow. I want to try the other shades, but why fix what ain't broke. Will repurchase.

on 9/19/2011 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this one in pink as it supposedly helps to brighten your complexion and covers yellow tones. It works fine. At first I didn't notice any change but I do find now that my foundation (Guerlain Lingerie) lasts longer... But I bought a looser powder to set my foundation so perhaps this is it!

I'm not THAT impressed with it but I have dry skin and so it kind of helps. It hasn't broken me out and my skin actually improved a lot but I also changed my moisturizing routine when I bought this!

It has a light smell I kind of like. I'll try another primer the next time I need one but I wouldn't be opposed to buying this again. It's decent and waaay better than the Smashbox 'primer' they push on us at Sephora. Seems like as soon as they put a halt to all the marketing on Smashbox's photofinish they started pressuring people into getting the MUFE primer instead... Perhaps someday they'll offer me a primer that's not decent but great??

on 8/6/2011 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is an exceptional product... as far as priming my face goes it is amazing.. when I apply this and over it my MUFE HD foundation my skin looks flawless!!! however, know that my skin is quite decent... :) Now, when it comes to making my makeup last during the day.. I have to say that it's not the best product ever but the truth is that I use it only for special occasions so I don't need a 24 hours long-lastigness... Lastly, it works beautifully managing my oil T-zone area... However, my makeup lasts longer and the oilness is controlled when I apply over it and over my Hd foundation my MUFE loose super matte powder!!!I would propably rebuy it if I don't find anything better....

on 3/28/2010 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I use MUFE in 128 (although could get away with 140 and 153 if that helps) and I have strong yellow/olive undertones. The SA recommended this to correct sallow/yellow tones and for an overall brightening effect ont the skin. I liked this immediately from the moment I began using it. I love that it's moisturising, so Ive been able to use it around my undereyes and dry areas with no worries. It feels like a light lotion, a similar consistency to the NARS water based primers although it dries very quickly to a somewhat matte feel on the skin (NARS stays very supple). I did half my face first to see the effect of the primer compared to the other half without - and I have to say, it really does work in correcting yellow tones. My skin looked more even and just neutral, but the effect is very subtle and natural looking, if I didnt tell you, you would never know. However, I think I may try the Mauve one next as it's a darker colour so I think it may have an even more pronounced effect on sallow tones. Did it brighten my skin? Well, my skin did feel more luminous but there was no drastic difference. The overall result with this primer is that it does even out the skin, corrects sallow tones and adds luminosity, but the effect is very subtle.

As a base for my HD foundation, it has worked surprisingly well. Im used to using more silicone-feel primers and was addicted to MAC prep+prime spf50 for a while, so this was a new experience for me. It doesn't feel like you're priming your skin - yet my foundation lasted 12 hours, required minimal touch ups and looked glowy and fresh. So Im happy with this.

The biggest improvement is my oilyness. My skin just feels less oily these days! I used to have to powder my skin every few hours with Revlon CS or EL DoubleWear because I felt like they were so thick and make-uppy that they were melting off my face and never stayed fresh looking. I dont have to do this anymore with my MUFE HD primer and foundation. You'd think the moisturising formula would make oilyness worse, but my skin feels so much more balanced and NORMAL for once.

As a primer in its own right, I'm not sure if it would function as well with a foundation from a different brand. But because MUFE is my HG I really won't be trying it anyway! :-) Using these two products together has made my acne-ridden skin look and feel flawless all day, my skin feels so SMOOTH and poreless, my imperfections are invisible and so many people have been complimenting my skin. I love MUFE <3

I bought this product online after hearing great reviews on it. I picked out the pink one because it's supposed to brighten your complexion, which I figured would be cool since that's what my current primer (Benefit's That Gal") does.

Pros:
- It usually hides all my pores
- It does act as a great base for foundation/tinted moisturizer
- It doesn't break me out or make me look oily
- It comes with a great hygienic little pump - you can control how much you're getting too.
- It doesn't make my skin dry - it actually makes it kinda softer

Cons
- It doesn't actually brighten my skin. I'm wondering if the neutral would look any different than the neutral.

So yeah, only one con I could think of, but it's a biggie for me. That Gal is the only other primer I've ever used, and it's definitely my HG. It makes me look fresh and awake, and smells clean rather than makeup-y. I might keep this as a secondary primer though...because it does photograph rather well. But yeah...the whole doesn't actually brighten thing pisses me off. I've gotta say, the bottle it comes in is pretty chic. It's tall and feels super high quality.

on 11/23/2013 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Bought this as a present for myself, lol. I knew I wanted one of the MUFE primers and when I went to Sephora the girl completely sold me on this one when she told me it'd make my skin look like a doll's. I'm not QUITE sure about that, but I do love it. It feels so light and smooth going on, brightens up my skin and holds my thick Illamsqua rich liquid foundation on ALMOST all day. (My skin gets oily towards the end of the day.)

While I do really like this product but I don't know if I can be sucked in to spending another 40 euros on a primer. I might buy it again in the future, but right now I just cannot afford it. :(

This is amazing! It made my foundation last all day without needing touch ups or blotting. It evened out my complexion and made it brighter. And it hasn't irritated my skin in the least!

I've been wary of colored primers since I tried L'Oreal's drugstore primer in green and pink. Those did absolutely nothing for my skin and felt slimy on my face while casting an unnatural tone to my skin. My only other experience with a higher end primer was with Bare Escentuals PrimeTime, but that too felt very greasy on my face and provided absolutely no help in wearing time. This HD Primer? A completely different story.

The consistency is kind of runny. It blends into moisturized skin very easily. The color sinks in right away and I don't notice an overly pink cast of any sort on my face. If anything, I feel like my skin looks brighter. One pump is pretty generous and covers my entire face and then some. I apply it with my fingertips as I think that wastes less product.

Before I found this primer, I thought I would have to give up my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation because it just would not stay put... Four hours into the day, I felt like I was an oil slick and found that the foundation would disappear from my nose and chin. I hate reapplying foundation, especially expensive foundations like Armani. I wanted something that would look as good at mid-afternoon as it did in the morning when I first applied it. This primer has corrected just that, very surprisingly!!

I've been testing applying it right after applying neutrogena's sunscreen in spf 100+, and right before applying Armani's foundation in 03. Both products are extremely oily, but I feel like this primer eats up the oil and creates a base for my foundation to hang on to. I still feel like I get a pretty dewy finish when all's said and done - but now it's not an oil-slick kind of dewy and more of an intentional dewiness.

If you have oily skin or an oily foundation that wont last throughout the day, I would highly recommend trying this primer. It might just save you the hassle of having to find a different foundation.