Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 Pink

4.3

on 11/23/2013 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Bought this as a present for myself, lol. I knew I wanted one of the MUFE primers and when I went to Sephora the girl completely sold me on this one when she told me it'd make my skin look like a doll's. I'm not QUITE sure about that, but I do love it. It feels so light and smooth going on, brightens up my skin and holds my thick Illamsqua rich liquid foundation on ALMOST all day. (My skin gets oily towards the end of the day.)

While I do really like this product but I don't know if I can be sucked in to spending another 40 euros on a primer. I might buy it again in the future, but right now I just cannot afford it. :(

This is amazing! It made my foundation last all day without needing touch ups or blotting. It evened out my complexion and made it brighter. And it hasn't irritated my skin in the least!

I've been wary of colored primers since I tried L'Oreal's drugstore primer in green and pink. Those did absolutely nothing for my skin and felt slimy on my face while casting an unnatural tone to my skin. My only other experience with a higher end primer was with Bare Escentuals PrimeTime, but that too felt very greasy on my face and provided absolutely no help in wearing time. This HD Primer? A completely different story.

The consistency is kind of runny. It blends into moisturized skin very easily. The color sinks in right away and I don't notice an overly pink cast of any sort on my face. If anything, I feel like my skin looks brighter. One pump is pretty generous and covers my entire face and then some. I apply it with my fingertips as I think that wastes less product.

Before I found this primer, I thought I would have to give up my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation because it just would not stay put... Four hours into the day, I felt like I was an oil slick and found that the foundation would disappear from my nose and chin. I hate reapplying foundation, especially expensive foundations like Armani. I wanted something that would look as good at mid-afternoon as it did in the morning when I first applied it. This primer has corrected just that, very surprisingly!!

I've been testing applying it right after applying neutrogena's sunscreen in spf 100+, and right before applying Armani's foundation in 03. Both products are extremely oily, but I feel like this primer eats up the oil and creates a base for my foundation to hang on to. I still feel like I get a pretty dewy finish when all's said and done - but now it's not an oil-slick kind of dewy and more of an intentional dewiness.

If you have oily skin or an oily foundation that wont last throughout the day, I would highly recommend trying this primer. It might just save you the hassle of having to find a different foundation.

on 9/19/2011 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this one in pink as it supposedly helps to brighten your complexion and covers yellow tones. It works fine. At first I didn't notice any change but I do find now that my foundation (Guerlain Lingerie) lasts longer... But I bought a looser powder to set my foundation so perhaps this is it!

I'm not THAT impressed with it but I have dry skin and so it kind of helps. It hasn't broken me out and my skin actually improved a lot but I also changed my moisturizing routine when I bought this!

It has a light smell I kind of like. I'll try another primer the next time I need one but I wouldn't be opposed to buying this again. It's decent and waaay better than the Smashbox 'primer' they push on us at Sephora. Seems like as soon as they put a halt to all the marketing on Smashbox's photofinish they started pressuring people into getting the MUFE primer instead... Perhaps someday they'll offer me a primer that's not decent but great??

on 1/10/2011 10:34:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was my first primer from MUFE. Prior to this I have used RMK makeup base, Laura Mercier foundation primer and Lancome la base pro. Among all the primers I have tried this is the one I like the most. I was recommended this shade #7 pink by the SA as I have fair skin and the pink is supposed to add radiance to the skin. Sometimes when my skin is abit too rosy this primer can make my face look abit flushed. Having said that its no big deal because once I apply foundation on top it looks fine. The product comes packaged in a nice plastic bottle with a pump. I know that some people have complaint that the pump becomes faulty after awhile but I have not experienced any problems so far. The primer smells absolutely divine and feels nice and silky on the skin. I wouldn't say that this primer is very moisturising but it certainly did not dry out my skin. After application of the primer, any foundation that I apply on top glides on like a dream! I also find that the primer does prolong the longevity of my makeup (i don't have oily skin though) and keeps my makeup looking fresh throughout the day. As with all MUFE products, this product is quite pricey and is the most expensive primer I own but I will definitely repurchase in the future.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I actually really liked the effect of this primer--I did think that it brightened up my very fair, cool skin tone. However, I felt that it was slightly greasy (definitely not matte), and it absolutely made my skin break out. Admittedly, I have very touchy skin, so this may not apply to most people, but I definitely won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
- I actually see the difference before and after application. It hides my pores and lines very well.
- Feels like a moisturizer and leaves skin VERY soft and smooth!
- Preps skin for smooth and even foundation application.
- The packaging looks very pretty and expensive.

Cons:
- I agree with the other reviewer--it doesn't seem to add radiance?
- Expensive at $32 for 1 oz.
- Hard to use up all the product with a pump.
- Cap falls off way too easily!
- Pump dispenser sometimes stiffens, so you have to use more strength to push it, but you end up getting more product than you originally wanted.

Note: There is a fragrance but it doesn't particularly bother me.

Overall, I like the results I get from using this primer, so I would purchase again, although I may stray from it time to time to go back to the cheaper Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel since this is so expensive, but I definitely recommend it!

I bought this product online after hearing great reviews on it. I picked out the pink one because it's supposed to brighten your complexion, which I figured would be cool since that's what my current primer (Benefit's That Gal") does.

Pros:
- It usually hides all my pores
- It does act as a great base for foundation/tinted moisturizer
- It doesn't break me out or make me look oily
- It comes with a great hygienic little pump - you can control how much you're getting too.
- It doesn't make my skin dry - it actually makes it kinda softer

Cons
- It doesn't actually brighten my skin. I'm wondering if the neutral would look any different than the neutral.

So yeah, only one con I could think of, but it's a biggie for me. That Gal is the only other primer I've ever used, and it's definitely my HG. It makes me look fresh and awake, and smells clean rather than makeup-y. I might keep this as a secondary primer though...because it does photograph rather well. But yeah...the whole doesn't actually brighten thing pisses me off. I've gotta say, the bottle it comes in is pretty chic. It's tall and feels super high quality.