Ponds Clarant B3- Normal to Dry skin

Ponds Clarant B3- Normal to Dry skin

3.7

Water, Niacinamide, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Myristate, Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyl Methoxybenzoylmethane, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Sodium PCA, Glutamic Acid, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate

I've been using this product nightly and not even on a regular basis (I would occasionally try something new for a few days and then come back to this). I am amazed at the results in brightening and evening out my skin tone. It does take about a month.

I have melasma on my forehead and sunspots on my cheekbones and I've tried everything out there in terms of dark spot treatments from Paula's Choice (BHA 2% hydroquinone, Resist C15), Lancome (Visionnaire, Genefique), Alpha Hydrox spot treatment, DermaE skin lightener, Garnier brightening line, Olay's Regenerist Luminous line, and the list goes on and on..... I've spent a ridiculous amount of money. Thousands of dollars to say the least. The products would seem to work for a little while then just not work or make my skin worse.

I use Pond's Clarant B3 and twice a week I use Pond's Rejuveness for exfoliation (I bought the trial size) and together these two products cost $10 and have given me far better results than anything I've ever used. Pond's has exceeded my expectations. Their products work and their cheap! They're usually on the bottom shelf at Wal-mart in the beauty aisle where other moisturizers are shelved. The travel section has miniature tubs for $1.47 if you just want to try it to see if you like it.

on 5/7/2016 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I confess I have a soft spot for Ponds. How many times has someone asked an elderly relative how they kept their complexion so soft and young and the answer was, "Ponds". As a moisturizer this is perfect, not too heavy, not too light, the scent is pleasant and not overbearing. It does the job. As a dark spot corrector, for me the jury is still out. Even though I am nearing the end of a 7 oz jar, those pesky spots still require concealer every morning. But asking a jar of face cream to fade them away may just be asking too much. Sunscreen and a few more TCA peels, however, may just do the trick.

To Read all 66 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/25/2016 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Just purchased this product at Walmart in the sample section. O f hoping to correct some dark spots that having acne has left on my face. This is the only thing that has changed in my facial routine in the last 2 days. While I really liked both the smell & the consistency.... MY FACE IS COVERED IN TINY RED BUMPS. WILL NOT REPURCHASE.

on 2/22/2016 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Just ran up on this yesterday at a local dollar general, only had the small travel sizes but it was just $1 so I thought I may as well. The packaging was really nice and promises to do great things. Im not super heavy into skin care routines, as they can be pretty expensive, but I do love a good cream. I am 24 and do have dark spots under my eyes and slightly dry skin. I am on day 2 of using this product and so far I am loving it! It makes me face feel hydrated and amazingly soft! The smell is great and not too over powering, just a nice fresh floral scent. It does not leave a greasy finish or leave an oily feel like a lot of products I have tried. It has a nice matte finish when it dries which I am totally loving. I will continue to use and after 2 days I think I may be seeing some fast results, but I will update my review later & post pics. I have high hopes for this stuff and this is my first review on mua. I loved this product so much after just 2 days I felt the need to sign up & review it!

***UPDATE: Im on like day 4 of using this product. I use it twice daily in the morning and before bed after clensing. I can tell it is making a huge difference, my skin feel velvet soft & it does appear to brighten my face & the dark circles I have seem to be lightening? But i am starting to break out, I dont know if its because of this stuff, but i have a huge subterranean pimple on my chin. Like the ones that feel like a pea sized hard ball is trapped under the skin. And it hurts like super bad. Im gonna continue use and see where it goes. After 2 weeks it promises to have great results. So we shall see!

I came to the realization two weeks ago that I'm creeping up on 30, I've been a smoker, I've worn makeup all my life and have kids...so I picked up some of this ponds clarant B3 cream to start my journey on face care. First time is the charm..I'm absolutely hooked. I have normal skin but I show stress and tiredness very easy, I get bags under my eyes, I break out before my period and my makeup clogs my pores. One week using this and I saw a huge difference in appearance and feel in my face. I bypassed my normal acne ridden face before my period. We traveled and I came down with the flu and I still used it and it helped emensley.my face is brighter, clearer, smoother and overall just healthier. I highly recommend this to any woman of any age. Taking care of your face is very important. I'm very pleased with this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't give many 5 star product reviews at all..this one, However I will give 5 stars to. I ll explain why...
My skin has been pretty tame during my teen years but it seems like during my late twenties and when I hit my "dirty thirty"--LORD!!!! My skin is oily and acne prone and has been broken out and awful for about the past 5 years!!! And since I am Native American, when those pesky zits ate gone they usually leave a dark mark which takes forever to go away and by then, I have another pimple and the whole process starts all over again :-(
SO, for what seems like YEARS to me, I ve been stuck in a battle with my skin, with some stuff working others not. Some of the products that DID help me I was unable to keep using because of price :-/
I was complaining to my friend about my skin, and she said, "oh, I use Ponds...my Friend has skin like yours and she told me about it!" She also had a travel sized jar of it and gave it to me.
Well, when I looked at it, it was for Normal to Dry skin. I thought, "Damn, my skin is oily!?" But when I saw the second ingredient in the ingredients list was Vitamin B3, I decided to try it anyway.
3 days later I was blown away....just AMAZED! It seemed like the cream was actually ALSO helping my breakouts? My skin was slowly, very slowly, evening out. And it was clearer. It wasn't miracle in a weekend clear--but I could definitely see a difference. I immediately started to research this product and learned that B3 can help break out prone skin because it nourishes and thickens it a bit.
So I kept at it. Sometimes I do take 2 days off, but I keep at it. I also layer my otc topical acne medication(De La Cruz sulfur ointment) with this cream. IN ADDITION TO THIS, I have ALSO started using Ponds Rejuveness under my eyes and around the areas the sulfur dries out. WOW! I took a look at my face this evening and I am amazed. I can't believe in a little over a month my skin has got so much better!!!! I will definitely keep using this cream, they have a user for life with me!
***side note**
I think this cream CAN be drying. After about 2 wks I decided I would start using it on my neck. It gave me a weird rash on my neck for about a week. I stopped using it and my neck is ok again, no rash. The cream also has what some may think Is a heavy floral scent. I am not bothered by it, I rather like scented products so it doesn't matter to me, scented or unscented, as long as it does the job. Another thing people may not be to keen on is the product is in a tub. Again, not something that I really care about, I just wash and sanitize My hands well before sticking my fingers into the tub. So again, not a big deal to me. <-----those could be some "cons" in other people's eyes....just mentioning these issues to be fair even tho these issues are not a big deal to me nor Will it affect my opinion of the product itself.
I would advise people with sensitive, or maybe dry skin to perhaps try this out maybe on an area of your face by your jaw or somewhere just to see if it makes your skin drier before putting it all over just because for some reason I feel maybe there is too much B3(??), something gave me a reaction on my neck BUT my face is just fine. I have no problems there and I will definitely continue using because I feel it is helping my breakouts a great deal.

on 8/27/2015 10:48:00 PM

been using this for a week, and have had fantastic results! dark marks from acne gone and overall skin tone is even and glowing. I use it twice daily after exfoliating. I have combo acne prone skin and this does not clog my pores at all, in fact my pores seem smaller. I am definitely repurchasing. I don't see why this doesn't have a higher rating. the jar sucks but I will put up with it for such a great product.

on 8/27/2015 7:25:00 AM

After using almost an entire jar of this, I am not impressed. I do like the way that this isn't heavy on my skin, and instead feels light and nourishing. The fragrance is ok, but I would prefer fragrance free.

But this has done nothing for my skin. I have huge, persistent dark spots in three areas on my face, and they have not been affected at all. I know that my dark spots react very well to hydraquinone, but I wanted to try a niacinamide-based cream to see if it was just as effective. No. No fading, no evening of skin tone, no reduced redness. No breakouts (which is a plus) but no benefits either.

I have dry skin on my cheeks, undereye area and forehead, and very oily nose and chin. I bought the cream for dry skin as all my dark spots are in the dry areas.

I will use up the remainder of the jar on my chest and neck, but I won't repurchase.

on 8/11/2015 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I've been using this a week so far - a thin layer in the evening 30 minutes after AHA/BHA toner and leave it on for 30 minutes before applying oil and moisturiser. It's not quite a moisturiser on it's own - it's quite drying, but fine under other products at night. I'm very clog prone and acne prone and it's had no bad effects.
So far I am very impressed, my skin tone looks more even, my acne scars and age spot is fading. I've even been applying it twice a day to some previously dark scars on my arm and they're noticibly paler. It says on the tub that it takes 2 weeks for skin tone to even out and 4 weeks to reduce age spots, but I can see it working already. Very impressed, I'll be hoping more friends will be visiting the USA when I need another tub!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was going to buy Cerave PM but since the reviews were mixed because of the niacinamide I decided to try a mini jar of this to see how my skin handled that active.
I am freaking impressed. Ever since I started using this, my skin has been more even. Redness included. I had been using a light coverage foundation every day but once I started using this I just started wearing concealer and powder over my spf.
I don't have a lot of problems to fix but this is a very decent night cream, especially for the price. Pick up a travel size container for less than $2. If nothing else, just try it on your chest and hands.