NARS Cancan

NARS Cancan

3.9

on 11/10/2009 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nothing really special about this eyeshadow. I bought it off the net so I couldn't swatch it on my skin. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. Not because it's a terrible eyehadow- it just doesn't show up at all how it looks in the pan on my very fair, yellow toned skin. Instead of a bright magenta it shows up as a semi sheer purple-think like a purple crayola. The staying power is pretty average, thankfully it doesn't crease but it definitely fades over time.
Like others have said I wish nars would eliminate the worthless little mirror inside of the compact and either give more product or lower their prices. For what turned out to be a very run of the mill purple shadow, its definitely overpriced.

on 4/15/2009 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Another one of my favorite NARS Singles! Cancan is a stunning magenta fuschia that looks crazy bright, but applies slightly more sheer, but still with great pigment. It's not the most versatile shade, but it looks amazing applied lightly on the lid or inner crease, with charcoal or black on the outer V. Also looks really nice used as a blush! Wears well, blends well .. overall, very happy with this shadow!

I really love how pigmented NARS shadows are, and this one looks intensely bright electric purple in the pan. That is exactly how crazy I wanted the color. But it goes on surprisingly light and sheer. When I layer it on it does what I want it to. When I want a crazy wash of color I use this one. I never have problems with NARS shadows fading on me, so I know when I put it on it will look the same all day. NARS is pretty good stuff. I will probably buyt this shade again cause its crazy but I want to try all the other shades too.

Looks really freaky on the pan- loud bright purple. But somehow on the eye, it is kinda soft. works really well with Elsa duo. Unfortunately i think this shade isnt very unique. most likely i can find it in other lines at a cheaper price.

When I saw Can Can, I immediately fell in love with the color. I happen to love bright unusual colors of makeup, and the bright magenta color caught my eye. However, most purple eye shadow tends to look strange on me and Nars is just a wee bit over priced so I was hesitant to buy. But since I had received a Sephora gift card, I decided to go ahead and splurge on it.
When my makeup was delivered, Emmanuelle and Can Can were the shades I tried first. Can Can did indeed seem to be a bright magenta in the pan, however, when I put it on, it turned on to a pretty, albeit a bit boring, true purple. Although it was a very nice, purple that managed to look good on me, I was still a little disappointed.
Unlike most Nars shades that tend to be as shiny as humanly possible Can Can is matte, a nice change of pace. It is quite pigmented, and goes on smoothly. However, it defiantly does not blend well, it tends to leave areas of nice color mixed with specks of my eye base showing through.
Overall, I gave it 3 points, because is not accurate to that in the pan and does not blend well, and like most Nars products, is quite expensive for a small amount of product.

on 2/9/2009 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted the color to apply true to the pan but it was more of a sheer purple that did not look good on my NC25 skin tone. The color looks great in the pan but not on my eyes so I swapped it away for something better.

The packaging is horrible every time I am looking for one of my NARS shadows I either have to turn it over to read the small print or open it to see what color. Very inconvenient

on 7/19/2003 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I first went to put this on, I was like, uh oh, this is too bright! But I put a little soft pale pink eye shadow on over it to subdue it. The next time, I dipped my brush in most delicately to get only a tiny bit of product on the brush, then applied. If you apply this lightly, it is very pretty, esp. with green eyes. I used a soft pale pink shadow as my wash, then the can can for the lid. Then, blended well. The purple also simmers down a bit - I don't want to say it fades, but it doesn't stay so bright, so don't let the shocking purple color scare you. I love it, am becoming a Nars person. Added note: Great used wet as an eyeliner! If this color freaks you out as a shadow, try it as a liner. It works beautifully that way and is more subtle. I did BB bone shadow on browbone, BB rose gold shimmerwash on lid, and CanCan as my liner and it looks terrific!

on 1/31/2004 6:03:00 PM

I bought this eyeshadow based on all the great reviews it got and I was shocked when it arrived in the mail the other day. CanCan is purple, there is no magenta/fushcia tones at all and that's what I wanted. When I applied it, it came up plain old matte purple. I don't see anything special about this eye shadow other than the outrageous price. It doesn't even have enough pigment for me and I'm uber pale. It went on dark but once I tried to blend it, it all but dissapeared. I guess this could work as a liner if you used it wet but overall I'm very dissapointed in the color and texture.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted this stuff sooo bad for the simple reason that it was sold out on Sephora for so long. It is shockingly bright in the itsy bitsy package but goes on a soft but still highly pigmented plummy shade. Looks great with green eyes and works well for a smoky eye.

on 7/26/2003 11:19:00 AM

As many people who know me know, I love loud eye makeup. I really really love this shade: screaming bright magenta... I love either using it to its full intensity, as it is in the pan, or using it very lightly as a nice gentle wash on my lids. Either way is gorgeous and definitely gets people talking ;-D