Rimmel Moisture Renew - Coral Queen

Rimmel Moisture Renew - Coral Queen

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bright and cute, not the most lasting, but a nice soft feel. For me it's more of a nighttime colour but girls who wear lipstick more often could pull it off during the day. Rimmel's Soft Coral is a more gentle tone and both of them are my lipstick faves.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This lipstick is gorgeous in every single way. First off, purple tube is so glam! Secondly, the lipstick itself is the most beautiful coral lipstick I've seen. It's extremely pigmented but can also be applied to give it more of a "stain" look, which I personally prefer. I also use it as a blush occasionally. I'm very impressed with the quality of this lipstick, especially seeing how it is extremely affordable. I will repurchase this when I run out.

To Read all 13 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/26/2012 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really do like the colour of this lippy. I think its a perfect orangey red and it goes well with my brown skin tone. It's not to dominating either, depending on how much you layer it. But it's definitely my new favourite. It adds a little bit of a pop that is acceptable during the day. So it's not just a going out lipstick.

I would definitely buy it again. It's so cheap that you really can't complain.

on 7/22/2012 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is the first drug store lipstick I have ever bought and LOVED! I have to admit I'm often drawn to Rimmel's packaging, I think its super cute. I have never tried any of their lipsticks before, but as soon as I saw this colour I bought it, later thinking I would never wear it.

I tried it on later that night, and was SHOCKED to discover how wearable and chic this colour is ! This lipstick on bright on a bare face with sunglasses is so easy and wearable. I feel like it brightens up my entire face.

My only complaint is that I don't find it to be very moisturizing. I still put on a layer of lip moisture underneath.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is alot brighter on the back on your hand than in the tube.I find this to be a traditional coral.This goes on your lip pretty bright but you can build up the color or pat it on for just a slight tint..If you aren't sure your ready for pure coral try rimmels soft coral which is more of a pink with some orange.

I don't find this line of lipstick moisturizing in the slightest especially when compared to the regular line of lipsticks.

Rimmel's Moisture Renew lipstick in Coral Queen , is a bright red orengy- coral colour. My skin ton right now is somewhere between a Mac NC 20 to 25, that has a bit of yellow and pink undertone mixed. I think this colour looks great on my skin tone. I also know that in the summer time i will be a bit tanner and i still think this colour would look great. Actually, regardless of your skin tone this lipstick would look great on everybody. I have to say that this lipstick does not look as pigmented in the tube when i swatched on the back of my hands, but it is very buildable. I have not yet tested the lasting power so i can not give my thoughts on it. I really recommend this lipstick to people who are interested in trying a brighter colour but is afraid to go for it. However i will not be buying it again just because i have tons of other lipsticks waiting for me to use up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this lipstick. A very nice shade, heavily orangy-coral but not beautiful and not obnoxious.

The formula is absolutely lovely, I like this better than any of my other lipsticks in terms of feel. Glides on, no need for lipliner, not all that long lasting but easy to reapply anywhere, no strong smells, just the right amount of sheen without any sparkles or glimmer, just great!

I have to say, I have been really disappointed with the rest of their colour selection though. Doesn't seem there are many other gems in this line. Sigh.

If you don't own this one I highly recommend you try it. I might even pick up another tube for myself.

on 8/10/2011 11:57:00 AM

Lovely colour! This lipstick is great: buildable, moisturizing and last decently good. I normally apply lipgloss over lipstick, but since the formula of this one is so creamy and moisturizing, I don't need gloss to "conceal" the dryness of my lips. Good deal!

on 4/20/2011 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

SUCH a beautiful colour. It's very buildable even though it is quite bright. When I first swatched it on my hand it looked rather sheer but just swiping it on a couple more times the colour became very intense. I love this lipstick but I wouldn't purchase it again because it bleeds like no tomorrow. I have rather big lips and when this bleeds and feathers out...it makes me look like I have clown lips. Not a good look!! And after a while, it leaves a ring around my lips that make it look like I'm wearing heavy lipliner. And yes, I have tried putting a nude lipliner underneath so the lipstick has something to grab onto but it still manages to feather out. So if you don't mind reapplying your lipstick every hour and fixing the feathered edges, then I say go for it! The colour is beautiful. I always get stopped and asked what lipstick I'm wearing

on 7/22/2010 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Rimmel's Moisture Renew lipstick in Coral Queen (620), is a ridiculously bright mid-tone coral that leans a little towards pink. It's lovely topped with a lightly shimmery pink gloss and one of my new favourite bright lippies (and I'm not a fan of bright lips!). The opacity is around medium, and easily built up to a bright, in-your-face coral that I haven't the courage to wear! (yet).
I don't find this particularly moisturizing, but it doesn't accentuate dry lips and definitely doesn't dry them out. I am constantly rubbing my lips together-a bad habit-and this lipstick stays in place without budging. It lasts through starbucks, lunch, and my other bad habit of chewing my bottom lip. It has a nice 'slip' to it, but doesn't slide all over my lips. I only get about an hour or two of wear, which isn't bad.
The price is alright, on par with other d/s lippies. About $7 or $8.
I have to take off points for the packaging though, because the shiny violet isn't earning it any points in my eyes. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging, but the Rimmel just feels a little cheap and flimsy. And I do wish they'd gone with a black instead of purple. Nevertheless, it's still gorgeous on the inside!
There is quite a strong sunscreen-y (with a hint of something sweet) smell, (probably due to the SPF 18-which I love Rimmel for including!), but nothing overpowering or headache inducing.
All in all, if you're looking for a well-priced, quality bright mid-tone coral, Coral Queen's for you.
Compared to some other favourite coral-pinks: It's definitely darker than both MAC Ever Hip and Maybelline's Peachy Scene. As you can tell from the pic, it also has a little more red to it than the other two. More opaque than Ever Hip, which, as a lustre formula, is semi-sheer. It also lacks the slight shimmer of Peachy Scene.