Dior Prestige foundation

No Image

4.1

I bought a trial size of this product as it is horrendously expensive and I didn't want to shell out a fortune on something which might not work for me.
Sadly (in a financial way) this is a fantastic foundation.
There is a lot of guff by Dior on the magical properties of the rose extract used in the formulation which I do not buy for a second.
All I can say it is it gives a fabulous satiny finish, covers well but looks natural, reduces the look of pores and fine lines and is reluctant to sink into deep wrinkles during the day. It did not oxidise on me nor cause any skin irritation. In short it was a pleasure to use and actually made my skin look much better.
My only caveat is that you need to be well moisturised before applying it as I found it to be, surprisingly, slightly drying around my eyes.
Now my problem is whether to shell out an exhorbitant sum (around $170 AU) for something which does make me look better than any other foundation or stick with my much less expensive (still expensive but it is all relative) Dior Capture foundation for winter and Dior Forever for summer which both work very well for me. Will vanity overrule budget???? I am still wrestling with that one.

Later (on a 28 degree C day): this makeup, sadly, does not stand up to high temperatures-and it isn't even Summer here yet. It melted off my nose leaving a very patchy nasty mess. And I did use primer and a light layer of powder to set. So only for those of you in the Northern Hemisphere I think. No battle with vanity vs budget-yay! Back to Dior Forever for Summer. It just doesn't budge.

So far, very impressed. Sales person convinced me to try it and I was hooked..tiny amount needed, spreads beautifully and sinks in perfectly. 030 suits my bobbi brown 3.5 skin tone. A splurge but worth it. Very good quality foundation.

on 8/3/2014 12:33:00 PM

Went to sephora Ion singapore to buy the stippling brush (which is great too but i bought the shiseido stippling brush which is softer and which i use to apply blusher). Then what the heck, asked for a foundation. Wasn't expecting anything (as with most of my foundation purchases) but i have to say this product is really amazing! My skin has an odd color. Just because I'm Asian I'm always given a yellow undertone base. This yellow in the foundation is not too yellow.

I put a small amount in a separate container and leave it to dry out for about 2 days more. For me, this way, it'll evaporate some of the liquid. I prefer cream based foundation because i just discovered it's easier to apply. No wonder liquids have failed me all the time.

I only use a small amount and the coverage is fantastic! I'm a bit reddish and have some facial veins near the mouth.

I only use this and it gives a nice dewy finish. If i have more time I brush on the radiance compact.

Very very happy with this product!

I was given 010 but will purchase 020 when i get the chance.

I won't repurchase simply because I want to try other products.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At last I have found the best foundation on the market. After years of trying foundations I gave up due to sensitive skin. So I risked buying this Prestige foundation in 010 and its the best foundation I have ever used. In fact my skin feels excellent as I super dry, sensitive skin. I took the risk to order on line and it has paid off. I actually expected to try it and end up giving it up. If there is a foundation to buy for those skins which cannot tolerate foundations this is the answer. I'm surprised, amazed and so grateful for a company that makes such a good quality foundation. Expensive it is but worth every single penny. So I must confess, as a makeup lover even my partner cannot see that I am wearing a foundation as the finish is so perfect and it covers up my redness. In fact the redness goes away. Never will I need to search for a foundation again as this one is magic. Highly recommended and regardless of how much it costs, I can truly say this is worth buying and as my partner agrees, money worth spent. I feel beautiful again!

on 2/19/2014 2:34:00 AM

I would say this is worth the 950rmb(150+usd). Very silky, smooth and luxurious texture, applies beautifully on the face. Most of the time I just use my bare hands to apply, then use the foundation brush that's included with the foundation to cover the darker area such as around the nose. Coverage is medium to full coverage depending on how much you use. The downside to this foundation is that it doesn't stay very long, also even the lightest shade available, which is 010, is still a little dark for my very pale Asian skin. However, I still love this foundation (especially the smell, it's absolutely divine), already on my second bottle, and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

on 3/5/2016 7:08:00 PM

This product has a luxury packaging, the smell is divine but....
It break out my skin T_T
First time i use it, it gives me bump on my cheek
Glad, I only had a sample size of this product

on 7/10/2009 11:47:00 AM

Bought the Prestige foundation at the airport (it retails for 12,000 yen if I recall correctly). 010 matched my NC15~20 skin nicely.

It comes in a glass square container, with a gold cover and a spatula. The packaging is a gold box, quite luxurious looking.

This cream foundation offers excellent, medium natural looking coverage. It's one of those that go on looking like your second skin. I've found that the best way to apply this is to take a small glob from the tub and pat lightly all over my face, letting the foundation warm slightly. Then I massage it in.

I used it when I had dry skin (was on medication) and when I returned to my combination skin (after stopping medication) and both times it looked great and lasted for 6 to 8 hours without the need for a touch-up.

I would definitely purchase again if I see it. But it's rather pricey, so am trying to look out for an alternative.