NYC - In a New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish - Park Avenue 246B

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/30/2016 9:17:00 PM

Basically.... I usually buy OPI or Zoya. I have never purchased a nail polush for less than $6. I was with a friend, the friend needed to go to Winco. I've never been there, so I decided to check out the makeup aisle, to laugh at it, of course. I see these NYC nail polishes for $0.98! I think ok, the very least I can use the color to make art on nail, etc.

I purchased 2 of them, Park Ave + Prospect Park Bloom.

Prospect Park Bloom is one of the most beautiful, elegant looking off whites I have tried. It's so pretty, I'm in love!
Park Ave looks a lot like Essie's Chinchilly. I love that one too.

I cannot speak for lastability, chipping, etc, but I do use OPI's Nail Envy as a base and top coat, and it's stayed without chipping for 2 days so far.

I will absolutely purchase this again, in every color that works with my skin tone. I look at my OPI + Zoya filled stash and think of how much money.... wasted.....

GO BUY THESE NOW!

on 1/19/2015 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So... at the ripe old age of 57 I remember when inexpensive drug store products were worthless, and high end products delivered. Not so any more! Tired of wasting $$ on expensive beauty products, my new quest is finding the gems sitting on the drugstore racks. - On to the product. For quickie at home polish changes I highly recommend the NYC in a minute line. Applied with a thin coat it really does dry in a minute, however, you'll probably need 3 coats. I prefer two thicker coats (dry time, 5 minutes). I adore how the colors are named according to NYC 'hoods. This one, Park Avenue, is rather cool and haughty in color. A neutral taupe, more towards grey with a lavender undertone. I also have Brownstone which reads a much more true taupy-brown. The brush allows for easy application in 3 strokes. Doesn't chip but shine wears off, solved with a clear NYC topcoat.

on 10/5/2014 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Park Ave is fantastic! Excellent coverage in two easy coats. Brush is on the wider side and applies this polish easily with good control. Excellent levelling. I am on day four of wearing this polish with only minor chipping on my right index finger. The colour is very flattering to my skin tone - it's a warm taupe with a hint of mauve. Chic and perfect for fall. Dried quickly with my usual quick-dri top coat. Highly recommended, especially at the $1.77 price tag!! I'm incredibly impressed. This kicks the pants of many of my beloved Essies.

on 7/23/2013 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This nail polish was not as great as all the other brands I've tried. I bought it in a jade green and I had to put at least 5 layers and the colour didn't look anything like it. I couldn't add more layers because it got too thick. It's very cheap to buy and that's because it's bad quality. I'm not satisfied and do not recommend this product.

on 1/21/2013 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

While this wasn't the color I bought, I used more of a dark purple. I still didn't like this nail polish. While it did dry fairly quickly, it chipped in 2 days. And it wasn't small chips, it was fairly big chips. I'll pay more for polish if it means my mani lasting a bit longer.

Color: Chelsea 228- dark cherry red
color payoff is nothing like the color in the bottle,
products claims to be quick drys but it takes a while for it to dry,
makes bubbles on nails,
easily chips off 2nd day.
1.99 a bottle, will not buy it again and will be giving this bottle away.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This color screams fall! Just bought it at Target for less than $2. It takes 3 coats to get full coverage on my nails and dries fast with a nice shine- no top coat needed! The lasting power is comparable to O.P.I and China Glaze, it wears for 5 days without chipping for a fraction of the cost. Will repurchase and try other colors. I do wish NYC had a better color selection though! This shade is unique to my collection, purple-grey without any shimmer. Love!

THIS POLISH IS AWESOME! Lasts for so long, and is so so cheap. I don't see the point in buying $9 OPI anymore. Proves that a cheap brand can have awesome products sometimes.

on 1/23/2012 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this nail polish! Incredible - lasts longer without chipping than Essie & OPI - not to mention dirt cheap - $1.99 per bottle. I bought 2 bottles - Park Avenue (deep, brownish-red - so chic)and Lincoln Center (taupe - very on-trend). I matched both nail polish colors to the trendy, more expensive Sonia Kashuk polishes and they were the exact same color. Usually by the next day I have chipped nail polish with any other brand I've used in the past. I put on 3 coats of the NYC - no base, no topcoat - and I'm in the 4th day of absolutely no chipping and the color is still shiny. I absolutely love the Park Avenue color on short nails. Great color for fall/winter, especially against fair skin. Give it a shot and see how well you like it. For $1.99 you can't beat it.

on 9/6/2011 8:26:00 PM

I have a lot of love for this product! I got it in Lincoln square lavender and it's very similar to O.P.I sparrow me the drama from the pirates of the Caribbean line. ( which is why I got it, I loved sparrow but wasn't willing to pay 8 bucks) I got this at target for 1.70. I wore this all day with only one chip and no wearing at the edges except the one. and this is exceptional for me because I pick at my nails when I'm nervous or upset. I also like the new packaging a lot and it dried fast.

Popular Polishes