Revlon Red Hot Tamale

4.7

on 9/17/2014 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Red hot tamale is a perfect orange red. Pretty opaque with one coat. I would definitely wear it all year round for a bit of drama on my nails. Boring black outfit? Spice it up with this colour. Got this at Dollarama for $2.

on 6/20/2013 11:51:00 PM

Perfect bright, warm shade of red for summer. Applies very evenly and stays on well - only one coat is really necessary with the pigmentation it provides.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My favourite summer polish! This looks perfect after two coats plus Sally Hanson insta dry top coat. I've received compliments everywhere I go, and it lasts all week so lots of compliments. Highly recommend.

on 6/11/2011 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

A beautiful orange-based red colour. Red Hot Tamale is the perfect red colour for summer. I find blue-toned reds can sometimes look a little out of place in summer, but this red is just gorgeous. I've stopped wearing it at the moment because it's winter where I am, but this is one of my ultimate nail polish staples.

Lasts well with a good quality base coat and top coat. No shimmer, but a creme finish.
It makes me happy when I look at my nails.

on 8/10/2011 5:41:00 PM

I love this stuff. I put off trying it out for a while because I always have trouble pulling off reds... but this looks great. I have pretty light skin, not fair but not tan, and this just looks... perfect. I needed a red like this, it's not neon but it's not dark either. I originally thought this stuff would take a million coats because it was so runny, but I only needed one and literally no streaking. Love love love.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

AHHHH I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!
this is one of my faves from revlon, the colour is absolutely immaculate and i can never justify whether i think it is more orange or red based, it is just the perfect mixture of the two making it a perfect choice for summer. unfortunately there is no way anyone could pull this colour off in the witner as i think it would just look completely out of place. but it is soooo worth saving for the summer, it makes me happy when i look at my nails and i also get sooo many compliments on this colour. I REALLY RECCOMEND THIS NAIL POLISH

on 1/18/2011 2:15:00 PM

Im not really a red nail polish lover, but I spotted this on clearance at CVS for under $1.50 and figured I could use a bright orange red, as I do have my basic bright neutral red.
I think Revlon really did well with this one - which is interesting considering that it seems to be targeted for discontinuation. Go figure.
Red Hot Tamale is a very spot on rendition of an orange red very aptly named, might I add. It is quite bright, as other reviewers have noted definitely not for the faint of heart. Its quite undeniably orange, but still maintains its red status. If you happen to have Revlons Craving Coral its a tinge redder than Craving just enough to still be red.
I will mention that I had a bit of application issues with this one. Two coats was adequate to even out the streaky coats but I had to do both big toe a couple of times due to the clumping and streaking, boo!
I actually wore this as a matching manicure and pedicure, but I decided to change my manicure halfway through my first day of wear. Maybe I was feeling a bit shy or something, ha ha.
Anyway, great bright orange red get it while you can!

on 12/20/2010 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

love this! bought it over the summer as a summer pedi but used it last week as a christmas red and it was great!! yes it is orange based but can still be worn for christmas! it is very bright but not neon and just a happy pretty color.

on 1/6/2011 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Great vivid orangey-red creme. Smooth formula, and only two coats are necessary. I picked this up at CVS for 75% off ($1.37) which probably means that it's going to be discontinued. Get it while you can.

on 3/25/2011 8:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Beautiful orange red creme - looks very "retro" to me and can be worn any time of year. Very bright and vivid but also very classy looking.
Have had 2 coats of this on for 5 days now with Essie first base BC + Sally Hansent Insta Dry Top Coat and there are absolutely no chips.
So so so pretty, will for sure be wearing this alot this summer!

Popular Polishes