tria Laser Hair Removal System

tria Laser Hair Removal System

3.5

I am at the beginning of my 6th week using this product. I have found it tedious so far with no results. I am writing a Review about my Progress and intend to Keep going for the next 6 weeks. Please check it out here: https://triareview.wordpress.com/ and send me your thoughts and comments! Thanks :)

on 4/17/2016 1:53:00 AM

The Tria really does work. I had a few areas that had constant ingrowns for over 20 years. Looked like acne and it was a constant. Two dermatologists told me that I should just cut the hairs with scissors. That was not an option so I kept plucking. I saw a commercial about professional laser treatments and a lady show a picture of her neck before treatment that resembled my problem, and it disappearing after a few laser appointments.
I bought the Tria and it took about 5 treatments to fix the problem. I no longer have ingrowns.
For the first time in 20 years I have no bumps and redness under my jawline.
I highly recommend it.
Thicker hairs are easier to kill. Finer hairs take a few more rounds.

To Read all 83 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

To everyone complaining it hurts, what did you expect? If you want hair reduction/removal, news flash: there will be a little pain. But ITS SO WORTH the 3 second zap. I've used the Tria 4x on my chin for two weeks so far, and seeing marvelous results. I have a hormonal imbalance that causes me to grow a lot of facial hair. Yuck. For years i have suffered through it... Shaving, plucking, even pro laser at one point. Nothing comes close to the freedom I'm already feeling thanks to my Tria. Worth the zap, worth the money.

Tria lazer hair removal system is terrible. Don't waste your money. For what it costs you could go to a spa and get professional lazer hair removal treatments that would actually be successful. I ordered mine 5years ago. The lazer window is no bigger round than my pinky. So it doesnt cover a very big area at a time. In fact can you imagine how long in takes just to.do one straight line up my leg from my ankle to my hip? We are talking at least an hour. I line on one leg. Now I have skinny legs but it still takes about two days or more just to do my legs. With very little noticeable results, if any. Its painful, which I wouldn't mind if it worked. I used this thing faithfully for a yr. No results. Seriously, going to a professional is about the same amount with much better results.

on 3/10/2016 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It really hurts! But it worth it! Just follow instructions and be sure that it compatibles with your skin type. Read review to learn about it more http://laser-hair-removal-systems.bestadvisor.com/

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'll start by saying I am an ideal candidate for laser hair removal - very pale, with dark, coarse hair. I used the Tria 4X every two weeks for three months as directed on my arms at level five to reduce my yeti-Iike arm hair and had zero permanent reduction of hair or results of any kind. Five months after treatment everything is back. A lot of positive reviews for this device are posted during treatment which isn't super helpful, IMO. During treatment, my hair grew back more slowly than normal and I even had some fall out, making the hair seem less dense. Tria also specifically advertises that this device can produce permanent hair reduction, so I expected some. Their return policy is questionable - you have three months to return it but treatment takes three months. Because of the slowed regrowth and fallout I thought I was having results and didn't return it. I am now doing professional laser hair removal.

I found the pain to be tolerable - uncomfortable in certain areas, but not so bad that I had to stop. Treating large areas is time consuming. Each charge lasts about 30 minutes and the device takes two and a half hours to recharge, making both arms an all day project. There are studies indicating the level of energy produced by this device can produce permanent hair reduction and everyone's skin and hair are different, of course, so my experience won't necessarily be your experience, but this device was an expensive disappointment for me.

Update: I had my fourth session of laser hair removal on May 27th and just wanted to say that the Tria 4X is nothing like professional laser hair removal. It is a diode laser, and I guess there are professional diode lasers, but the laser I am being treated with (Candela GentleLase Pro, an alexandrite laser) is in a whole different realm. Having professional laser hair removal has reenforced my negative opinion of the Tria 4X.

on 1/14/2016 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have bought the new model of Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X for 360 USD in Japan. Following the recommendations, I am using it every two weeks and had 4 sessions so far.

I have light color skin and very dark thick body hair. I have bought Tria without any expectations to completely and/or permanently get rid of the hair, but rather to reduce the amount and maybe slow down the speed of growing. That would be a huge achievement for me since I have been struggling with in-grown hair on my legs and bikini zone for years...

I know 4 treatments with Tria laser cannot lead to any definite conclusions yet, but there are a few things I am ready to share:

- first of all, it DID reduce the amount of hair already. I think I started noticing it after the 3rd treatment. For some reason, it is being most effective on bikini zone so far and least effective on my armpits. The reduction on the bikini zone is by approximately 50% now, and maybe around 30% on my legs... I am quite impressed already.

- I am very glad I did not get scared by consumer reviews saying how terribly painful the procedures are (yes, I read many reviews before purchasing). Please have in mind that pain is such a subjective topic. I am using my Tria laser on the maximum level 5 from the very first day on all areas of skin and I do not think it hurts AT ALL. Some spots are a bit more sensitive and I can definitely feel short sharp tingling sensations, but nothing long-lasting and nothing I would complain about. That is not to say I don't believe some people experience real pain during the procedures, I'm just saying definitely NOT EVERYONE.

- I find Tria laser to be very convenient and easy to use for areas like bikini or armpits (I did not try it on my face), but leg treatments are quite time consuming. The battery lasts for the treatment of only one lower leg and then needs to be charged again (for approximately 3 hours) before you can continue. Have this in mind if you are super busy and do not have time nor patience.

So far, I have no regrets buying my Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X, but I hope to update this review in a few months with more conclusive results.

UPDATE AND FINAL REVIEW on July 15, 2016:
It has been almost 8 months since I started using Tria device on my lower legs, armpits, and bikini zone. I was using it every 2 weeks (always on intensity level 5) for much longer than recommended 3 months, and I reached the maximum reduction of the hair after about 4 months. I am still using Tria on my armpits and bikini (because these areas take very little time for me to treat) once in 3-4 weeks.
The best results I am seeing are on the bikini zone: about 70% of the hair are gone and not regrowing so far (not sure if the once-a-month procedures are helping to keep it this way or not).
The lower legs and armpits have about 50% of the hair gone. The rest 50% are growing back at the usual speed after shaving and not any finer or lighter in color. That means I still have to shave every day :( On the other hand, because I was suffering from ingrown hair and bumps, my leg skin looks much better after reducing the amount of hair and potential marks of ingrowing hair.

Even though I never expected lifetime permanent clearing of most of the body hair, I guess I wanted a slightly better result on my legs. Because of that reason I am now taking one lippie off. However, I cannot say I am regretting purchasing Tria.

on 8/30/2015 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product just does not work. I got a refurbished one. Totally not effective. The older versions did work moderately for a temporary time, but the current model is complete junk. I am of Indian origin with super thick face hair. The Tria literally makes no difference in my hair. Notably, I have also failed at least 6 full courses of actual YAG laser treatments.

DO NOT BUY!!!

on 1/29/2015 11:10:00 AM

great product

I have had the Tria "Laser Precision" for about 6 months - it retails for $299 on the site. The main reason I bought it was for the cheaper price point and because I was targeting smaller areas - specifically my chin, nipples and underarms. I have had laser hair removal in a salon in the past - IT IS NOT PERMANENT FYI - I am a good candidate for laser hair removal - I have very fair skin and light brown hair in these areas. The more contrast you have in your hair color versus skin tone, the more success you will have with laser hair removal. if your skin is very fair and the hair is very dark, you will get results. Here's the thing - laser hair removal is never 100%, and it's never permanent, in the salon or with the Tria. There is no such thing as permanent hair removal. It has to be maintained. You also have to be very, very persistent for a long period of time - it took me over a year (10-12 sessions) and I would say the hair has been reduced 50-75%. NOT 100% by any means. I still tweeze, pluck and shave those darn hairs. They are hormonal and very persistent. Hormonal hairs are the hardest. If you have dark hair on your chin and nipples or bikini area/stomach, it's probably hormonal.

FINAL VERDICT - Worth it? Maybe. Just understand results are not permanent and not 100%. You will see a reduction but not removal.

Would I buy it again? No. Sorry but with small areas, tweezing and shaving is the only thing that's worked to be 100% hair free every day.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools