Dr. Jart+ Blemish Balm Cream (silver label)

Dr. Jart+ Blemish Balm Cream (silver label)

3.0

Water, Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Ethyhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane, 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor, Glycerin, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1-Dimethicone, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodim Chloride, Arbutin, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Ozokerite, Sorbitan Olivate, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Beeswax, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Iron Oxides (CI77491), Tocophery Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Stearate, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Angelica Keiskei Leaf/Stem Extract, Mica, Panthenol, Caffeine, Oenanthe Javanica Extract, Disodium EDTA, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Hordeum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ubiquinone, Sodium Hyaluronate

on 7/26/2011 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This stuff is ok but it's nothing brilliant. I purchased a bunch of different bb creams after reading the hype on them and this is the first one that I've tried to wear all day. Upon application (over primer) this bb cream appears full coverage and did blend in well with my skin color, however even over primer it emphasized any slightly dry patches I wasn't even aware of prior to putting it on (it didn't make my pores to obvious as I already had a pore minimizing primer underneath however I think without primer this bb cream would have settled into pores making them obvious just due to consistency, how it clung to dry skin and how it wore over the day). By then end of the day however I couldn't really tell that I had put anything on, even trying to remove it with a makeup wipe showed that there was little trace of it left. So whilst upon application it looked full coverage the effect doesn't last, it applies like makeup but has the wear of tinted moisturiser. I think if you were a tinted moisturiser type of person then yeah this stuff would be pretty good, but as a makeup its not ideal.

I bought this because I had heard many great things about it and I can say, I am completely happy with this!! I have some redness on my cheeks and this covers EVERYTHING!! I have tried a lot of foundations before (Studio Fix, MUFE's HD and their Mat + Velvet, Revlon Colourstay,and a few more) but this has to be my favourite! I will definitely be buying this again!

i used this product occasionally for a while, and in all honesty i do not see the hype about it (and other bb creams) at all. it essentially is a foundation - nothing more, nothing less. in fact, it doesnt cover nearly as well as a proper foundation, but at the same time it does nothing for the skin either...so what is the point of this! paid $35 for nothing...i think it might have also contributed to my clogged pores around that time too...and also is too pale, god i hate all the bb creams colours.

on 7/7/2009 11:27:00 AM

NB: I wrote this review about six months ago when my skin was different. I no longer use this product.

My first blemish balm. I read about this new type of product online at several blogs about Asian beauty. These blemish balm creams are apparently all the rage in Asia, especially South Korea, where they originated as a treatment for post-surgery patients and then blew up because several actresses began using them as makeup. So now there are lots of these available, and many by lower-end companies. I decided to stick with a reputable (and pricier) brand because I suspected that the cheaper stuff would not have the beneficial ingredients that the higher-end stuff would. (Ingredient listings are really hard to come by. I looked and looked and couldn't find a complete listing).

My initial impressions: After moisturizing (Cerave lotion) and sunscreening (Sofina Lucent SPF 50), I smeared some on my face and was surprised at the thick, almost pasty texture, which makes it hard to spread evenly. It reminds me of those physical sunscreens made out of pure zinc oxide. No fragrance. The color is a light beige, somewhat grayish, especially since I have very yellow undertones, and so it went on looking about two shades too light. I was annoyed and ended up putting some of my normal tinted moisturizer (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer Light-to-Neutral) on top to tone down the ghostliness. It helped a little bit, but my face is still a slightly different shade than my neck. This could also be because of the treatments I use on my face, which makes it peel faster than my neck, and also because my Sofina sunscreen tends to whiten foundation slightly. It's not awful but I think I will try applying less next time to see if that helps make it look more natural. My face definitely looks brighter, though. This has a nice, satiny finish that looks like healthy skin.

This has okay coverage, better than most tinted moisturizers since it's thicker, but not as good as a 'real' (medium-coverage) foundation. It managed to generally even out my skin and semi-covered discoloration around my eyes and nose, but I still needed heavy-duty concealer (Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage and Make Up For Ever Full Camouflage Cream) in order to get all the discolorations covered. If you have lighter discoloration or generally even-toned skin, then the coverage will probably be more than adequate for you. On the plus side, it doesn't feel makeupy or heavy and is pretty moisturizing. I put some around my eyes and they still look fresh hours later (sometimes even tinted moisturizer will start looking cakey and dry around my eyes towards the middle of the day). My face feels soft but not greasy. I set this with some pressed powder (Jane) and haven't gotten super-oily, despite the fact that this is creamy and hydrating (at least, for my combination skin it is).

This comes in a silver squeeze tube with a screw-on cap. I'd prefer a flip-top for ease of use. It's also very, very expensive at 49 USD for one medium-sized tube. I got it with free shipping from lunabeauty.com, and they thoughtfully included a sample of Dr. Jart's Blemish Balm Cream black label, with it, so I am slightly, slightly mollified. I am hoping that if I use this sparingly, it'll last awhile. I'll update later when I'm near the end of my tube and let you all know if this has made a difference in my skin.

After about a month of using this stuff daily, I think it has actually clogged my pores. This stuff does a dandy job of 'spackling' the enlarged pores, but I think that comes at the price of actually making them worse. I will discontinue use of this and try a BHA to clean them out. Ew. continued >>