Filtered by eye Color : Green

4.3

on 7/19/2013 10:13:00 AM

I went through high school without so much as a single blemish and always had porcelain baby skin. After discontinuing birth control, my skin was never the same and I was always getting big, nasty, cystic zits. I started taking zinc and adopted other skincare changes and after about a month, my skin had improved a lot! I stopped getting the cysts, had fewer clogged pores, and even felt less oily. *BUT* as others have mentioned, zinc depletes copper- which I discovered after some research, is important to melanin production in hair. I started noticing not gray, but WHITE baby hairs and some roots growing from my head around my face. I'm only 20! I attribute this to taking too much zinc for a long period of time and not taking an additional copper supplement. I stopped taking it completely, and after a while the skin problems came back, but the white hairs also stopped appearing. Now, I only take zinc 1-3 times a week which is enough to keep my skin clear, but not give me white hair at 20. It takes a while to start working, but it definitely does eventually. I also must agree that taking this on even a semi-empty stomach will make you nauseous for hours.

on 11/19/2012 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Honestly, who knew?

I went off birth control in January of this year, things were fine until two months later when my jawline began breaking out in horrible acne and I began to get tiny bumps all over my forehead. Now I've never had perfect skin (this is partly my skin-picking fault) but this was something I've NEVER had before in my life. I'm 23, never suffered from jawline acne (those horrible kind under the skin). So after my confidence kept taking huge hits and my period refused to regulate (this is how I knew my acne was HORMONAL) I decided to give zinc a try... that brings me to my question

Who knew this stuff was so amazing!?!?!

I have been taking OptiZinc brand (purchased from Amazon) for over 2 months now and my jawline hormonal acne has completely gone away (or like 95%). I just take one a day. Its actually eradicated my acid reflux I experience after having an alcoholic beverage too. Bonus!!

I can't recommend this stuff enough to women who think their acne is caused by hormonal imbalances. Give it at least one month, okay? I noticed dramatic results within 2 weeks.

Again, I use the OptiZinc brand because it contains copper, which taking zinc will deplete. I only take one pill a day @ 30mgs of zinc monomethionine and 300mg of copper sebacate.

Good luck everyone!

on 3/25/2010 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

THis review is for using zinc topically, ie zinc oxide on acne and other skin issues. This works great on both oily and dry spots. It evens evens out everything, making areas less oily or less dry. It also take the red out of pimples and makes them a lot less angry. I use zinc in a lot of soothing diaper cremes on my face. I love badger diaper cream, it also contains camomile. Very soothing and smells really pretty. Love it. I use it mainly for dry areas and acne. If oily skin, it may not work as well as other zinc products, I don't know.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just started taking Zinc supplements (50mg) for acne! It seems to be working so far

Popular Other Products