Filtered by skin type : Normal

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/11/2013 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've been taking for a week now, bare in mind I wouldn't say I have acne id say I have spots its not that bad but considering until a year or so ago my skin was amazing its been difficult for me to adjust. Anyway I have got some zinc and the first 3 days I was clearing up it was good. But last 3-4 days I have had about 5-6 new spots!! Now I don't know if this is because of the zinc or not but ill accept it at the moment and I'll give it more time but so far I'm not sure. One thing I will say is it has increase speed of hair growth on body and face. I can't grow a bear at the moment I'm only 19 but i hope this helps it grow fast lol cause I want to cover these red marks :( so yes at the moment I'm not sure I'll give it another 3 weeks or so and see what happens.

The reason for this review is that I want to make sure people are doing their research when it comes to zinc dosing for acne. It's true that overdosing on zinc is detrimental, but you would need to be taking more than 100mg of ELEMENTAL Zinc per day for it to be a health risk.

There is a huge difference between the milligrams of 'zinc' in a supplement and the milligrams of 'elemental zinc' in that supplement. Zinc gluconate, for example, has 14% elemental zinc per weight of zinc gluconate. In other words, a 50mg tablet of Zinc gluconate contains only 7 mg of elemental zinc. The minimum recommended dose for effective acne treatment is 30mg of elemental zinc per day, therefore 200 mg of Zinc gluconate would be well within the safe dosage of elemental zinc - and should be effective for acne treatment.

Every type of zinc supplement has a different percentage of elemental zinc so pleeeease do your research - and don't just start taking 200 mg of zinc gluconate because I said so. Look for scientific sources and studies to back this up and/or ask your doctor. Start by looking up Zinc Dosing on WebMD.com - it specifically addresses Zinc for acne.

I hope this helps!