Filtered by age: 36-43

4.8

on 5/7/2017 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have been taking these for a while off an on over the years to mainly to reduce oil production on my face and for immunity support.

Then I had a copper IUD in Oct 2015, 4 months later my skin just exploded in acne and my anxiety / depression progressively was getting worse. Nothing drastic just a steady decline into a mess. My skins change could be attributed to new products I was using, hormonal surges, stress that sort of thing.

Then I read of a woman who had a copper IUD and then proceeded to have acne issues not touched by topicals nor internal medicines since insertion. She had a zinc serum test done and her levels were low. She took supplements and adjusted her diet, under medical supervision and her blood zinc serum levels became normal.

This mystery woman had the best case situation within the medical establishment. I live in the UK, without the funds to get private blood tests done. My GP was dismissive of the copper / zinc in-balance from such a tiny amount of copper. I made a deal to find some convincing studies and couldn't find any gold standard randomised controlled trials directly linking copper iud's and zinc depletion. Grrrr.

Anyway I went off and looked up copper toxicity and trying to balance this out blind. I do not recommend it. At all. I do not take more than the recommended daily allowance and I still take a low form of copper that is in a multi vitamin and mineral supplement. All I can say is my skin has been able to respond to my treatments, reduction of hyper pigmentation dark spot life and less likely to pick up a cold. My anxiety depression has lessened, not totally gone but I think the zinc depletion aspect to it is addressed by supplementing. I know this by taking a 3 months worth then forgetting to restock for a month and certain symptoms were becoming magnified again. I have been back on them for 6 wks and yeah I "feel" better. How is that for science??

If you can get a blood test, either for copper toxicity levels or for serum zinc levels, as both work in tandem, would be best. If copper is too high then zinc will be low, both minerals are essential to our being only if they are balanced. Ummm yeah

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 41 with acne prone skin. I have had breakouts since I was a teenager. I have visited dermatologists, and tried just about every topical product available.

I researched natural ways to prevent acne/breakouts and zinc quickly rose to the top of my list of supplements to try. I can honestly say, after using zinc for about 2 weeks, my skin is clearer than it has been in years.

Every evening I take 30 mg of zinc picolinate. I don't take more than the recommended dosage as some suggest. The brand that I bought is a generic store brand, and it is in the form of a capsule that contains a gelatin capsule, cellulose, and magnesium stearate.

I plan to continue using this supplement. It is working for me, and if you have suffered with breakouts, I highly recommend giving this product a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If you have struggled to manage acne, you should try zinc. I've had acne my whole adult life and this is the product that has given me clear skin and ended my reliance on products such a Neutrogena On-the-Spot. This decreases oiliness, GREATLY reduces blackhead, and has totally eliminated my acne. I take 50 mg every night after dinner. I started at the beginning of this and saw results within a couple of, but dramatic results were evident after 30 days. This is amazing and I will never be without it.I know that it works because I got complacent and stopped taking it in the last month, and I saw a decline in my skin within a couple of weeks. (I first read about zinc on acne.org)

on 3/25/2010 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

THis review is for using zinc topically, ie zinc oxide on acne and other skin issues. This works great on both oily and dry spots. It evens evens out everything, making areas less oily or less dry. It also take the red out of pimples and makes them a lot less angry. I use zinc in a lot of soothing diaper cremes on my face. I love badger diaper cream, it also contains camomile. Very soothing and smells really pretty. Love it. I use it mainly for dry areas and acne. If oily skin, it may not work as well as other zinc products, I don't know.

Popular Other Products