Kiehl's Amino Acid Conditioner

Kiehl's Amino Acid Conditioner

3.3

Aqua/Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Myristyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Parfum/Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera Oil/Coconut Oil, Tocopherol, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Coumarin, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch.

This conditioner is amazing!!! I never in my life though I would spend this amount of money on my hair. I buy the one litre because it's the value at Saks Fifth Avenue at Sherway Gardens & the customer service is outstanding there, they always give me tons of samples when I purchase anything and the girls are so knowledge. I pay $65 for the one litre of it, the coconut oil softens my hair and makes my hair feel like the best it has ever been! If you haven't tried this yet, it's a must have. It has become a staple in my hair care & the heat protection from Kiehls that's $25. I have blonde hair and my natural colour is dark brown, this has helped with all the over processing I do to my hair, with bleaching and heat styling. If you ever get a chance to stop at a Kiehls store or counter, definitely ask for a sample of the conditioner and the heat styling product, they are very big on sampling and don't do any marketing for that reason. I promise after the first use of it, you will be at Kiehl's buying this! 5 stars for this product, it's a must have!!!!!!

on 6/17/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have somewhat oily, fine, thick, shoulder-length hair. I tried this at a friend's house and loved it, so purchasing this product was a complete splurge. I use it with the accompanying shampoo. I leave this in my hair for several minutes and then rinse it out. It leaves my hair smooth, feeling healthy, and clean. My hair has never felt so good.

To Read all 16 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/7/2014 2:32:00 PM

This leaves my fine, oiler at roots, dryer at ends hair feeling coated and dirty, no matter how little I use or how much I rinse. Also, I think the scent is very synthetic; like fake coconut buried in an artificial, chemical haze. Really expensive, too. Luckily I only bought a small tube so I'll have to use it up in a henna gloss or something. Waste of money :(

on 3/2/2014 4:49:00 PM

This works wonderfully on my thin, fine and slightly damaged (colored and flat-ironed) hair. It leaves my hair silky and soft, without weighing it down. That being said, I don't think it would work well on very coarse or frizzy hair, which probably needs a heavier and silicone-based conditioner. The coconut fragrance is pleasant and not too overpowering, and I like the fact that the product is paraben free. It's not cheap, but it's comparable to other high end conditioners. I'm glad I didn't read the negative reviews of this conditioner before I purchased it!

If I hadn't tried Kiehl's Hair Conditioner and Grooming Aid Formula 133, which I prefer, I'd repurchase this. The scent is fantastic, and it leaves my hair smooth & soft.

My hair needs significantly less conditioner than shampoo to feel nice, so I'm less bothered by it not being very concentrated at its price point than I am with the Amino Acid shampoo. Is it a fabulous deal? LOLyeahno. But it's not a massive rip-off either, unlike L'Occitane's tragically reformulated Aromachologie products.

on 1/3/2013 8:43:00 PM

It didn't work for me. I thought conditioners were supposed to make your hair smoother and more hydrated, but this didn't do the job. Using only the shampoo was better than using this conditioner. The smelled like coconut and it didn't make my hair greasy - so if you like lightweight conditioner it might be ok for you. But this wasn't for me who likes Pantine or Ojon type of hair products.

on 10/5/2012 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wish there was a drop down for "maybe" will purchase again. My random points on this product:
- works ok - don't think it does better than a normal Pantene conditioner
- VERY pricey for such a small bottle
- smells ok - not enough coconut scent!
- probably won't repurchase as it's too expensive and I'm not seeing amazing improvements to my hair

on 7/21/2012 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Amazing conditioner!
It detangles my hair instantly and leaves it so soft! At the same time it's light and doesn't weigh my hair down. I also love the coconutty scent.

on 4/25/2012 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love the smell of this conditioner- it is a very mild coconut scent that unfortunately doesnt really linger that much after you get out of the shower.
This makes my hair feel very soft but thinner than my other hair care products I have tried. My hair (described by my hairdressers as thick and wavy) feels thinner and flatter when I use this shampoo and conditioner. Almost like when I tried Paul Mitchell's skinny combination.
I would say that this is a gentle conditioner, not too heavy; which means if you have really dehydrated hair I dont think this is for you.
I will not repurchase just because I dont like the way it makes my hair feel thinner and because it is quite pricey and I have other pricy products that I prefer.

on 3/23/2012 9:28:00 AM

This product is not worth for the value..it costs about 30-40 USD for 500ml. For the first use i'm quite satisfy with the outcome but after few month of usage my hair is quite frizzy and weightless (lifeless). I can't see any shine on my hair and i feel that it doesn't moisturise my hair enough. I think that the coconut and wheat protein stuff will stick to my face making my pore clogged (which i have a very acne probe skin) because ever since i use this stuff my face will breakout easily. Now i use cheaper Dove nourishing oil care conditioner which is much better than this one.