Becca Mattifying Primer

Becca Mattifying Primer

3.1

Aqua (Water), Hydrogenated Didecene, Glycerin, PVP, Ricinus Communis Oil (Ricinus Communis [Castor] Seed Oil), Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis [Jojoba] Seed Oil), Boron Nitride, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Propylene Glycol Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Squalane, Glyceryl Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-25, Ceteth-25, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Tropolone And May Contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491).

on 4/26/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Unless your entire face gets oily do NOT put this all over your face. Use this primer to target your oiliest places, like your t-zone. Make sure you don't put too much on, because if you do the primer will start to pill up. Also, pat the primer on instead of rubbing it in. It takes a little bit of time to get used to it, but once you know how to use it it's totally worth it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Meh.. it's okay. It makes your face feel tight after applying it. Almost like a face mask.. it also is sticky. I'm guessing the stickiness is to hold onto the foundation & face? Anyway, it works like a normal primer but just with weird tightening & stickiness. I prefer the primers that make your face feel smooth instead.

I got a sample of this from Sephora...probably the best primer I've never used.

Keeps me looking matte AF and prevents face make up from fading for 8+ hours. Makes me look poreless as well (I don't have large pores to begin with).

HOWEVER - application is key...

If you rub it into your skin excessively, it will ball up. You have to gently spread the product on the target areas (for me: t-zone & cheeks) and then PAT. PAT PAT PAT.

In fact, you could probably just pat the product everywhere rather than spreading the product initially until it's soaked into the skin.

A little amount goes a long way.

Doesn't clog my pores or break me out.

Pricey though...and it may be too drying for those with dry skin. Definitely would recommend if you have normal and/or oily skin though.

on 10/26/2016 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am really on the fence about this item. I have extremely oily skin and it is now fall in Oregon so it rains a lot and temperatures are around 50-60 degrees fahrenheit. I do work long hour days ranging anywhere from 8-12 hours so I need a primer and a long lasting foundation or just a primer that mattifies my face. Anyways I warm the product up in my fingers and pat it on my T-zone and then apply my foundation over it. It does keep me matte but my face does get oily within 5 to 6 hours even with a pressed translucent powder. By the end of my shift, after 8-12 hours, my face is an oil slick. Along side using my Soap & Glory one heck of a blot primer on one side of my face, they both performed just as well. I do not think I will be repurchasing this item. It was about $40 and my Soap & Glory one heck of a blot primer is about $14.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the worst primer I have used, no exaggeration. I have tried several mattifying primers with no real luck.

This has the consistency and feel of glue. It's very sticky and I felt like although makeup might stay there is no way this would work for my skin. It felt like I was putting on adhesive.

I would not recommend and will not repurchase.

on 10/22/2016 10:32:00 PM

The first time I received this product was in a sample that I got my Sephora products in. The sample is absolutely amazing! When it comes to the application of this primer, it is very different. Compared to my other primer (POREssional - benefit) you have to dab the product onto your skin rather than putting it on like a moisturiser. This surprised me at first. Throughout the day the product made my face matte! It surprised me how matte it made my face! There was no scent that came with the product, which made me happy. If you ever need something to mattify your face like there is no tomorrow, GET THIS PRODUCT! For all my oily face girls/guys get this primer!

on 3/4/2016 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I soooooo wanted to love this product but sadly not. Firstly it's not an easy or pleasant primer to use; you MUST pat it onto your skin not rub or it will ball up (I've never had that with any primer before). Having gone through the unpleasant rigmarole of using it, it's no better than my Philosophy or Clinique primers; in fact I would go so far to say it made my skin oilier quicker which kind of defeats the object. I've tried it with a variety of foundations both liquid & powder and always the same result. Such an expensive disappointment.

on 7/18/2016 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This product has a bad reputation here. I'm here to shed some light on the truth! Moisturize, prime, and THEN place this product on your skin WHERE there is oillyness. Warm the product with your finger tips, or whatever, before placing this on your skin. There will be chalkyness if you don't use this product correctly. I have a deep skin tone and I couldn't see the product on my face after I applied it. I even place it on top of my liquid foundation! If you want to buy this product, please give it a try, before you purchase it, at an Ulta or Sephora. This helps with my oily areas and I'm sure it can help with yours.

on 5/14/2016 9:11:00 PM

I love this primer, I only apply this primer on the oily areas of my face and works wonderfully. Follow the directions on the tube and you won't have problems with the product. Definitely recommend for people who like a matte look.

So this had a little bit of a learning curve for me, but once I got the hang of it, I was seriously in love. I have combo/sensitive skin and I can get super shiny. With this under my foundation I was able to keep the shine at bay for several hours. (I have the type of skin that becomes a shiny mess after 45 minutes, either with or without makeup) There are some days I just use this, a little bit of a translucent setting powder, some mascara and I'm good to go. Also, if you loved Urban Decay's "De-Slick in a Tube" this is almost identical to that and that product was my holy grail.
When I was learning how best to use this product, I noticed that it made my foundation almost peel off into little balls of goo. If you warm it up in your fingers, or on the back of your hand, I found it went on very easily and if I made sure to wait a few minutes for it dry I no longer had this problem.