Becca Mattifying Primer

Becca Mattifying Primer

3.0

Aqua (Water), Hydrogenated Didecene, Glycerin, PVP, Ricinus Communis Oil (Ricinus Communis [Castor] Seed Oil), Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis [Jojoba] Seed Oil), Boron Nitride, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Propylene Glycol Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Squalane, Glyceryl Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-25, Ceteth-25, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Tropolone And May Contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491).

I got a sample of this from Sephora...probably the best primer I've never used.

Keeps me looking matte AF and prevents face make up from fading for 8+ hours. Makes me look poreless as well (I don't have large pores to begin with).

HOWEVER - application is key...

If you rub it into your skin excessively, it will ball up. You have to gently spread the product on the target areas (for me: t-zone & cheeks) and then PAT. PAT PAT PAT.

In fact, you could probably just pat the product everywhere rather than spreading the product initially until it's soaked into the skin.

A little amount goes a long way.

Doesn't clog my pores or break me out.

Pricey though...and it may be too drying for those with dry skin. Definitely would recommend if you have normal and/or oily skin though.

on 7/18/2016 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This product has a bad reputation here. I'm here to shed some light on the truth! Moisturize, prime, and THEN place this product on your skin WHERE there is oillyness. Warm the product with your finger tips, or whatever, before placing this on your skin. There will be chalkyness if you don't use this product correctly. I have a deep skin tone and I couldn't see the product on my face after I applied it. I even place it on top of my liquid foundation! If you want to buy this product, please give it a try, before you purchase it, at an Ulta or Sephora. This helps with my oily areas and I'm sure it can help with yours.

To Read all 75 Reviews, Login or Join

So this had a little bit of a learning curve for me, but once I got the hang of it, I was seriously in love. I have combo/sensitive skin and I can get super shiny. With this under my foundation I was able to keep the shine at bay for several hours. (I have the type of skin that becomes a shiny mess after 45 minutes, either with or without makeup) There are some days I just use this, a little bit of a translucent setting powder, some mascara and I'm good to go. Also, if you loved Urban Decay's "De-Slick in a Tube" this is almost identical to that and that product was my holy grail.
When I was learning how best to use this product, I noticed that it made my foundation almost peel off into little balls of goo. If you warm it up in your fingers, or on the back of your hand, I found it went on very easily and if I made sure to wait a few minutes for it dry I no longer had this problem.

on 5/14/2016 9:11:00 PM

I love this primer, I only apply this primer on the oily areas of my face and works wonderfully. Follow the directions on the tube and you won't have problems with the product. Definitely recommend for people who like a matte look.

on 3/4/2016 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I soooooo wanted to love this product but sadly not. Firstly it's not an easy or pleasant primer to use; you MUST pat it onto your skin not rub or it will ball up (I've never had that with any primer before). Having gone through the unpleasant rigmarole of using it, it's no better than my Philosophy or Clinique primers; in fact I would go so far to say it made my skin oilier quicker which kind of defeats the object. I've tried it with a variety of foundations both liquid & powder and always the same result. Such an expensive disappointment.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

OK I think i figured this thing out.

At first, I used it all over. Don't! It's kind of sticky, doesn't spread well AT ALL and dries insanely fast. I wore it all over on new years eve and when i went to the bathroom after a few hours i noticed how cakey and set in my frown lines my makeup was! Whatever you do, don't add a huge glob of it to try and spread it all over, it's just embarrassing!

I thought about returning it, and then I read about PATTING down in select areas that need it most.. for example, your T-Zone. I wasn't about to put this sticky mess all over my face again so instead, i used my regular primer as I always do, and then I pat this stuff around my T-zone areas on top of it.

It works. I'm usually a shiny disgusting oil slick as the day progresses and this really helps to control oil in those spots. You definitely wont have to blot as often.

It absolutely SUCKS that the product doesn't spread well and I cant use this all over my face but then again, I don't really need to so long as I use my original primer and just enough of this primer for my T-zone. At that rate, this product will last forever. Can't say I planned on ever using two primers but I gotta tell ya, this extra bit helps with the oil control.

on 11/30/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, I have read reviews on it, and it seems really extreme, some people love about it, some people hate it. But me, I kinda like it.
I have very oily skin, extremely oily on my T-zone, now bear in mind, i meant extremely oily in my t-zone.
The first time i squeeze the product out, i immediately notice that the texture product is a little bit different than other primers i have ever tried. I read reviews saying that the consistency of the product is a little strange, yes i agree. Plus, it is very hard to get the product out, every time i squeeze the bottle, the product comes out a tiny bit.
So i only use this product on my tzone, where i am extremely oily, for the rest of my face i used the laura mercier primer, the oil-free one.
The first time i applied it on my t-zone, i notice it immediately absorb to my skin, looking kinda matte on my skin. It just feels different than any other primers i tried which claims to help you stay matte. By the way, my tzone is so oily that benefit porefessional and it's Dr Feel Good will not work for me.
The foundation I used is the Estee Lauder double wear, the powder i set my makeup with is Urban Decay De-Slick mattifying powder and for the first 5 hours, it's shine proof, i am so impressed. In the next couple hours, i did use the UD powder again to touch up on it.
Like i said, i have used numerous primers before, but this one helps with the oily on my t-zone for about 6 hours, im sure if i pair it with a more matte foundation and maybe a makeup setting spray(oil control one), it would last longer.
I like it a lot for my t-zone, for the rest of my face, it's oily too, but not super oily, so i would not use it for my full face.
Again, if your combo-oily skin, do not use it, cuz it makes your foundation sets down really quick, it is possible for you to get dry patches if you dont have super oily skin like me. Also, if your thinking buying this product, it costs about 38 dollars, which to me, it is a little bit expensive, so definitely think thru it before you buy it. But for this primer, if it's not for a full face use, a little goes a long way.

on 10/16/2015 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Not my favorite foundation primer. I have very oily skin; I blot with blotting papers all day long, touch up with powder, use mattifying EVERYTHING... and this primer made my oil worse.

The texture of very strange, it almost pulls up in your hands. The packaging said to rub between you fingers and press into the skin. It goes on sticky and almost feels like a thin film over the skins surface. Initially once it's set and you put your foundation on it looks fabulous, but about an hour into wear I begin to experience oil breakdown on my face. It's worse than if I didn't wear any primer at all. It might be good for those who aren't as oily as I am, but it's definitely not mattifying enough for my skin care needs.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff freaks me out. When I rubbed it in it felt dry and sticky, I don't know how to explain it. The more I rubbed it in, the gross-er it got because it started to dry and pill up on my skin. Once I was able to get my foundation on, I didn't notice any mattifying or oil controlling properties. This was a waste of money and time.

on 1/14/2015 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This really did nothing for my oilyness and make my skin look weird and cakey and dry, will not be repurchasing.