OPI Shorts Story

OPI Shorts Story
OPI Short Story

4.2

on 7/2/2016 2:26:00 PM

The color is AMAZING on the nail. OPI's Shorts Story is a deep, blue-toned, hot pink creme. Similar to OPI's Super-Cute in Pink (another love) but not quite as purple-leaning. I have a hard time finding pinks that look flattering on me, but this one is a winner.

Four lippies instead of five because there are some formula issues. Application was extremely streaky, and this polish flooded my cuticles a little bit. It was opaque in two coats, but three looked better. But the shade itself is so completely gorgeous that I can forgive all that.

I would definitely buy this one again. I love it!

on 3/18/2016 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Here's a comparison, under a skylight, of 4 popular mid tone pinks:

Full Size Image

Shorts Story is a blue-based Barbie pink. As another stated, Elle Woods would love it, and another compared it to Suzi Has a Swede Tooth and properly noted that Shorts Story is lighter, brighter, and prettier.

If you have a hard time wearing pinks, but really want a Barbie pink, this could be an option, but I would borrow it first if you can. I have very warm skin, and it is what I wanted Elephantastic Pink to be. It stays a cute Barbie Pink, instead of morphing into coral pink (See my review on Elephantastic for more info).

It has the same formula as Elephantastic: I need 3 coats for opacity. It's the same "lightness", too. My biggest complaint with this level of opaque light colors is that sometimes, indoors, it seems like we just grabbed a can of paint, and put it on our nails. It just looks fake at times. Outdoors it looks super cute, of course. Personally, I prefer semi-translucent soft shades with VNL and darker hot pinks than this in-between color range. Getting too close to your skintone is not as flattering as choosing a good contrast color. But sometimes you just gotta try it to see how it looks on you.

In my opinion, I'm India the Mood is the stellar example of a blue-based hot pink (see picture above or my review of it); flattering, good for probably all skin tones, not screaming bright, peppy, a "grown-up" hot pink, not Barbie .... I would suggest India for anyone on the fence. If you could only own one: pick India.

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Its a medium pink color that can be use everyday and looks good on my complexion.

I have over 300 polishes and this is probably my fav pink. Very blue based and bright I love it with Mac Angel lipstick and gloss. Also looks good with Macs Pink Nouveau lipstick! I hear it is close too OPI Suzi has a Swede tooth so iam going to check it out! This color is amazing!!!!! Update: So I bought Suzi has a swede tooth and they are close but not a dupe. Shorts story is by far prettier and brighter. This is my HG hot pink!!!! Too bad I wasted my money on The other... No comparison! Short Story is by far the prettiest pink with the best application. I just bought a back up!!!! BTW... 2 coats is perfection... No need for 3!

on 5/28/2014 7:09:00 AM

I'm a two coats kind of girl, and although Shorts Story is a beautiful color, it's still to streaky even at two coats. I'm sure three probably would make me like this better, but I just can't with this one. It's up for swap now.

on 3/29/2014 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Just bought OPI Shorts Story to match with MAC Lipstick Candy Yum Yum. What a fantastic match. Shorts Story is a gorgeous vivid Hot Pink with a touch on purple undertones. The day I bought Shorts Story, I had Elephantastic Pink on. I painted one nail with Shorts Story, and it made Elephantastic Pink look like a tacky shade of pink. Shorts Story is certainly a classy Hot Pink they will liven up a winter outfit when wearing Black or Darl Denim. Probably my favourite OPI shade!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this polish, it's one of my favorite pink colors to wear in Spring. It is a light-medium cool toned pink cream. This would be the most flattering on neutral-cool toned skin, and it looks really good on fair skin. I will repurchase.

I think this may officially be my favorite pink nail polish - and I have quite the collection! At first it didn't look like anything too special, and don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are dupes out there. But it's just the cutest pink! Cool toned, creamy, opaque in two coats, beautiful self-leveling formula.. you got me, OPI! It's bright and bold, but not neon or too in-your-face. It's perfect.This may be one of the only nail polishes I have to get a second bottle of. Normally I don't wear the same color too often, but I just keep going back to this one. Looks awesome in the summer as a mani or pedi, but I think I'll be wearing this all year long, it just really works on my skin tone. This is now my go-to color. Definitely recommended for pink lovers everywhere.

on 7/20/2013 10:59:00 PM

in love with the colour not in love with the next day chipping. its the most perfect barbie pink thats still wearable and not in your face. it has a creamy buttery finish to it. will still use regardless of the fast chipping.

on 7/11/2013 1:43:00 PM

beautiful color - chips in 1 day.
I even wore gloves when I washed the dishes and it came of with the gloves!! amazing.

Popular Polishes