Bobbi Brown Caviar Ink

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Bobbi Brown Caviar Ink
Caviar Bobbi Brown LinerBobbi Brown Gel Ink Liner

4.6

This is my favorite eye liner ever. I've been using it for 5 plus years. With the right brush, it goes on smooth over any deep pigmented shadow or crayon. I've used it for dramatic looks, day wear and special FX for Halloween and other costume parties. Lasts a very long time. A MUST HAVE!

on 6/17/2012 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My first Bobbi Brown purchase, and I can't believe what i have been missing out on. I have used several other brands of the creamy gel eyeliner, and I am a huge fan of MAC fluidline. But THIS has it beat when it comes to application. For some reason, this goes on much smoother and easier than Fluidline. The Caviar color is perfect; I am fair and red headed and this is black but a soft black, not harsh or deep black at all, but definitely not brown or grey. I will buy this again in other colors, I am so impressed!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG eyeliner. PERFECT color, not black, brownish without ANY red in it.Not at all harsh like a black, or reddish like a brown, which albeit more "natural" tends to make my eyes look tired and emphasize any redness. Pair this with the new long wear cream shadow in Shore (perfect non-pink neutral) with Slate (greyish brown) in your crease and voila! You have a flattering, neutral eye that will last all day. Don't be afraid of applying a gel vs: pencil liner. I use a Laura Mercier smudge brush (very short, compact bristles, easy to controla) to apply a nice, soft line on upper and lower lids.

My favorite eyeliner ever. My everyday is Espresso but I wanted to try Caviar too since they are similar. What the cosmeticians told me was that Caviar is between Espresso and Black, like a soft black.

Regardless of what color you want, buy this eyeliner. I love it so much and if you don't break the pot it will last a long time. My old one lasted 7 months until I accidentally broke it but there was more than half the product left and it didn't seem to dry out, flake, or lose its color at all.

Espresso and Caviar look very similar in the mirror and in the pot, but in pictures and certain lighting the Caviar looks darker and pretty much black while the Espresso looks deep brown.

I wear Espresso for casual/everyday but sometimes I want a slightly more dramatic look yet I find black to be too harsh unless I'm going super glam, which I rarely do. Black also sometimes looks too cool or grayish, especially a soft black liner, but this is warm and the undertones are brownish, so you don't get the charcoal look but a true soft warm black, which is much prettier on most people in my opinion.

All in all, Espresso is like a deep blackened shade of brown, while Caviar is like a slightly brownish shade of black.

Caviar is a great universal color. If you are the type who doesn't look overdone in real black, this would be a good casual/everyday color for you as it is still black but warmer and softer. If you are the type who finds black harsh for everyday, I'd say get this for a fancy occasion and a brown shade like Espresso or a step lighter for everyday, as it still looks black but softer than the typical black.

Also, It won't look washed out or reddish in pictures the way brownish eyeliner tends to do, and I found that Espresso is great but it tends to come out lighter and slightly reddish tinted in pictures than it looks in person.

For some reason this shade seems to glide on more quickly and deeply than Espresso, but that's probably just because it's a darker shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I wore this years ago, and quit when I had some eye troubles. Last week, I went to the BB counter & the MUA did my MU. She used the Caviar Ink after I told her that I really didn't have much against the e/l. It was fun, but afterwards, my eyes were red, irritated, & itchy. They watered during the whole rest of the shopping trip. I was so happy to shower and be rid of the eye makeup when I got home! It was this eyeliner. It did look nice on, with a dark pigment and smooth application. Very dramatic as she used it it a tightline fashion. I will not buy it though since it made my eyes water.

on 11/10/2009 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I wasn't certain how she was going to create a color deeper than Espresso, but I'm glad she did. I love this shade. It's the perfect alternative to black. In the pot looks like a deeper version of espresso, but on it applies like a rich black-brown. More depth than a traditional black b/c of the brown tones in it. Black can look too cool and harsh on me, but this really is perfect. Depth of color without an reddish tones. Great staying power (more so than my Espresso, but I think I got a bad one). Smudges nicely too. Yes you will see a difference between this and espresso, once applied. This just adds that little extra oomph of definition whereas the browns in espresso are ever so subtly more perceptible in comparison.

Would absolutely repurchase.

Edit: Have been using this near daily in the summer because it a shade deeper than espresso. If you have a deeper skin tone or tan easily in the summer, you WILL see the difference between this color and black (just like smolder develops a green against a deeper skin tone, this shows as the deep brownish black, but NOT black). SO glad I purchased this.

Edit2: 07/03/11 - came back to it again for the summer. Def a winner.

on 7/9/2009 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

This is the BB gel eyeliner I've been waiting for. I've used the Black Ink version for several years and briefly flirted (unhappily) with Graphite Shimmer, Black Mauve Shimmer, and Espresso. The Shimmers didn't have sufficient density and staying-power, and none paired well with my ultra-fair skin (maximized the reddish/pinkish hues in my skin, and I ended up looking like I suffered from eye allergies). So, Black Ink it was. Happily, generally, except on days when I didn't get enough sleep. It just seemed a bit harsh. Caviar Ink, though, is everyday perfect. It's a cool-neutral deep brown--a smidge darker and cooler than wet/used coffee grounds and, yes, just like caviar.