Bobbi Brown Caviar Ink

Bobbi Brown Caviar Ink
Caviar Bobbi Brown LinerBobbi Brown Gel Ink Liner

4.3

on 5/8/2015 11:07:00 PM

If u want a change from the usual black, switch to caviar. Its a dark expresso that goes well with most smokey eyes. Its also natural enough for day wear as the color is not too severe and harsh. Recommend for outdoor events/ summer weddings. Long staying power and the brown is so natural looking. The texture glides on smooth, no tugging, pulling. Get this as an alternative to kohl black.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Where do I begin... I heard so many good raves about this gel liner and since I had a Sephora gift card, I figure I would splurge on this bestseller item. First off, I have oily lids and I don't prime my lids unless I am wearing eyeshadow. Normally, I am an eyeliner gal and maybe some mascara. I chose caviar ink because I didn't want a stark black color but instead, I wanted a softer and muted black. This color does deliver that. I can wear this during the day and the color is great. Not too bold at all. The texture is very smooth and creamy. I use my small eyeliner brush with a flat top and it applies effortlessly. I usually like to tightline too. Well, here is where my troubles began. I put this on at 7am and by noon, I could see smudges near the corner of my eyes. Not a good look. Also, I find that the gel liner will begin to smudge off on my lashes which then smudges onto my bottom lashes. Overall, I have smudges everywhere. Not like raccoon eyes but it is noticeable. Also, color has faded some as well. Not too thrilled or impressed. My pot did not dry up like some other reviewers mentioned. But I have been capping it tightly and storing it into the original box. I love the texture but despise the performance. It's not cheap either. I think I'm going back to my liquid liners. Perhaps if you don't have oily lids, this may work. Overall, I will save this for special nights.

on 9/22/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased BB's gel liner in Chocolate Shimmer in Dubai two months ago and I still love the smoothness and ease of application. I was sold on Stila's bronze eye pot but the chocolate shimmer really makes my brown eyes stand out. I have never felt sexier in an eyeliner. If you are hesitant to spend the extra money like I was, I can tell you that I have no regrets and will do it again and again.

This is my favorite eye liner ever. I've been using it for 5 plus years. With the right brush, it goes on smooth over any deep pigmented shadow or crayon. I've used it for dramatic looks, day wear and special FX for Halloween and other costume parties. Lasts a very long time. A MUST HAVE!

on 10/23/2011 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

There is something about this product that I think I'm missing out on.
My partner recently took me out for our anniversary the other night, and all I wanted to do was look beautiful.
I had no eyeshadows on, I only had Bobbie Brown Gel Liner in Caviar Ink and YSL Faux Cils mascara as my eye makeup.
This flaked like crazy! I was soo disappointed. The content in my jar was rather dry, it didn't apply as great as I hoped for. I remember I had to dig my brush in the jar just for some product.
I knew the flaking was not from my mascara, I used my mascara religiously and never had that problem.
To me this can never compare to my MAC Fluidline, and seriously I hate Napoleon Perdis product soo much but, I'm not hesitant to say that even the Napoleon Perdis China Doll Liner is much better then this when it was still usuable(Napoleon Perdis China Doll Liner starts off great and then the content dries up later, but this is dry from day one).
I feel as though I'm missing out on something with Bobbi Brown, I've made 2 purchase from Bobbi Brown and both are horrific, and to top things off its expensive.

on 8/4/2011 9:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love Bobbi's gel eyeliners, I have tried other brands throughout the years and will always go back to these. I normally use Black Ink, but after I ran out of my pot (managed to get 2+ years out of it with normal wear), I decided to try Caviar. A great choice if you like black eyeliner, but don't want it too black and if you think brown is too light. This is the perfect in between shade. These gel liners have the best consistency and are easy to apply and stay put ALL DAY. I apply mine with a MAC #263 brush and it gives me a razor sharp thin line or a thicker line if I want. Perfection in a pot!

on 11/10/2009 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I wasn't certain how she was going to create a color deeper than Espresso, but I'm glad she did. I love this shade. It's the perfect alternative to black. In the pot looks like a deeper version of espresso, but on it applies like a rich black-brown. More depth than a traditional black b/c of the brown tones in it. Black can look too cool and harsh on me, but this really is perfect. Depth of color without an reddish tones. Great staying power (more so than my Espresso, but I think I got a bad one). Smudges nicely too. Yes you will see a difference between this and espresso, once applied. This just adds that little extra oomph of definition whereas the browns in espresso are ever so subtly more perceptible in comparison.

Would absolutely repurchase.

Edit: Have been using this near daily in the summer because it a shade deeper than espresso. If you have a deeper skin tone or tan easily in the summer, you WILL see the difference between this color and black (just like smolder develops a green against a deeper skin tone, this shows as the deep brownish black, but NOT black). SO glad I purchased this.

Edit2: 07/03/11 - came back to it again for the summer. Def a winner.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

this is my first bobbi brown eyeliner purchase. i've been pleased with it so far. it stays on all day, doesn't irritate my eyes and comes off easier than mac's fluidline. i love this color because it's not as dramatic as black and not too soft of a brown. it's perfect for day or night.

on 7/7/2009 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This is my pic. This picture looks a little like BB cobalt...LG eye rims added a blue tint. This is a perfect shade between the black (which may be too harsh on some) and espresso. It is my new everyday color and it works with whatever shade of shadow I am wearing...very versitle.
Love the caviar shade!