Bobbi Brown Caviar Ink

Caviar Bobbi Brown LinerBobbi Brown Gel Ink Liner

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this because of the reviews in search of a non smudging or transferring gel-liner. Sadly I have to report that it does smudge and transfer in a bad way. Especially when I wear a cat-flick. It's also hard to get a solid opaque line in one go and goes on grainy and blotchy.
I tried this with a very fine tip and a slant tip liner brush. Very disappointing!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG eyeliner. PERFECT color, not black, brownish without ANY red in it.Not at all harsh like a black, or reddish like a brown, which albeit more "natural" tends to make my eyes look tired and emphasize any redness. Pair this with the new long wear cream shadow in Shore (perfect non-pink neutral) with Slate (greyish brown) in your crease and voila! You have a flattering, neutral eye that will last all day. Don't be afraid of applying a gel vs: pencil liner. I use a Laura Mercier smudge brush (very short, compact bristles, easy to controla) to apply a nice, soft line on upper and lower lids.

on 3/14/2012 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this in a swap & I'm glad I did. I really took a liking to this liner. I switch it up between this & my mac blitz & glitz. IMO I think this liner lasts longer than my fluidline when I wing it out at the ends of my eyes. This color is perfect b/c it is not super black. I apply it with my mac eye liner brush & it lasts all day.

on 6/8/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Caviar looks almost black but Bobbi still calls it brown, but it's a deeper darker brown than Espresso. It looks great with blue eyes, and can be worn with any eyeshadow color. If you can only purchase one color in the gel liners, this is the safest bet. I've been using BB gel liners for years - they are the longest wearing liners I've found and once you get the hang of application, it doesn't take long to use.

The only problem I've ever had is that after a few months they do tend to dry out and you need to replace them, even if there is still plenty of product left. This is probably because the glass jar isn't completely airtight. I can still use them, but the texture changes a little and they apply best when fresh. Other than that, a perfect liner.

on 11/10/2009 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I wasn't certain how she was going to create a color deeper than Espresso, but I'm glad she did. I love this shade. It's the perfect alternative to black. In the pot looks like a deeper version of espresso, but on it applies like a rich black-brown. More depth than a traditional black b/c of the brown tones in it. Black can look too cool and harsh on me, but this really is perfect. Depth of color without an reddish tones. Great staying power (more so than my Espresso, but I think I got a bad one). Smudges nicely too. Yes you will see a difference between this and espresso, once applied. This just adds that little extra oomph of definition whereas the browns in espresso are ever so subtly more perceptible in comparison.

Would absolutely repurchase.

Edit: Have been using this near daily in the summer because it a shade deeper than espresso. If you have a deeper skin tone or tan easily in the summer, you WILL see the difference between this color and black (just like smolder develops a green against a deeper skin tone, this shows as the deep brownish black, but NOT black). SO glad I purchased this.

Edit2: 07/03/11 - came back to it again for the summer. Def a winner.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

this is my first bobbi brown eyeliner purchase. i've been pleased with it so far. it stays on all day, doesn't irritate my eyes and comes off easier than mac's fluidline. i love this color because it's not as dramatic as black and not too soft of a brown. it's perfect for day or night.