Bobbi Brown Caviar Ink

Caviar Bobbi Brown LinerBobbi Brown Gel Ink Liner

4.4

on 11/28/2017 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this eyeliner and I`ve tried them all. This one doesn`t slip off my face at the end of the day like most do (I have been using it with Laura Mercier`s eye primer though). The colour is perfect, dark but not gothic dark - quite unique, actually. I gave it 3 lippies for what I think is packaging that may dry out once I`m half-way through, but who knows? I barely made a dent into it and have been using it for two weeks now. A little hard to make a nice cat eye flick at the ends, but maybe it`s my technique that is lacking here.
It`s pricey, but may last a long time - worth it since I don`t look like a raccoon by lunch time! Quite happy - I might check out BB mascara soon.

on 5/8/2015 11:07:00 PM

If u want a change from the usual black, switch to caviar. Its a dark expresso that goes well with most smokey eyes. Its also natural enough for day wear as the color is not too severe and harsh. Recommend for outdoor events/ summer weddings. Long staying power and the brown is so natural looking. The texture glides on smooth, no tugging, pulling. Get this as an alternative to kohl black.

on 3/15/2015 9:54:00 AM

This is one of those products that I can't imagine not having in my beauty arsenal. I resisted buying it for a long time, because I had several other gel eyeliners, including black, brown and grey. I really liked the BB gel formula and decided to give this one a try.

I'm on the pale side (MAC NW15 with blue eyes), and black liner can wash me out. Sometimes I want something a little more dramatic than brown. What I love is that it's not quite black and not quite brown--it's a soft blackish brown. I can wear it with any color combination and it adds just that little extra *wow* to my look. This works for the office (with a thin brush and tight line) or for a night out (with a thicker line for a little drama). Once it's on and sets for a few seconds, it doesn't budge. Seriously, this will wear all day long without fading or smudging.

I really like the formula too--I've had this pot for about 2 years, and while it's not as hygienic as a pencil, it's still going strong with no odors or changes in consistency. It hasn't dried out (I do store it upside down after reading some comments here).

This is a keeper! I find myself reaching for this at least twice a week.

on 9/22/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased BB's gel liner in Chocolate Shimmer in Dubai two months ago and I still love the smoothness and ease of application. I was sold on Stila's bronze eye pot but the chocolate shimmer really makes my brown eyes stand out. I have never felt sexier in an eyeliner. If you are hesitant to spend the extra money like I was, I can tell you that I have no regrets and will do it again and again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this eyeliner. The color is so versatile. It's dark enough for dramatic looks. However, since it's not quite black, it's not as harsh as black liner. That makes it great for daytime and work looks.

I have hooded eyes and the wear-time is pretty good. It doesn't transfer very much. Overall, this is a good product and one I use often.

This is my favorite eye liner ever. I've been using it for 5 plus years. With the right brush, it goes on smooth over any deep pigmented shadow or crayon. I've used it for dramatic looks, day wear and special FX for Halloween and other costume parties. Lasts a very long time. A MUST HAVE!

on 7/7/2012 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Caviar Ink is color perfection. I have used MAC fluidline in blacktrack and rich ground for quite some time and while I adore rich ground, blacktrack was just not doing it for me. I have dark brown hair and green hazel eyes and it always seems so harsh and evener harsher after I apply mascara. I apply blacktrack right on the lashline and then apply rich ground a bit thicker to bring out the green in my hazel eyes. I tried Mac Dipdown but it was way to brown and didn't suit my complexion. I have a warmer complexion and caviar ink is just what I need to look natural and it is the exact shade of my lashes. It makes my lashes look much thicker without it being super noticeable (like blacktrack). Another product I wished I would of tried sooner.

on 6/17/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This gel liner is the perfect black liner. It goes on smoothly, is a muted black that looks like a perfect extension of ones eye line and makes your eyes pop no matter what color they are. I would have always gone for the shiny liners in the past, never a more muted black like this one but it is just exactly what I want for a nice, everyday black liner. Big thumbs up from me!

on 6/17/2012 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My first Bobbi Brown purchase, and I can't believe what i have been missing out on. I have used several other brands of the creamy gel eyeliner, and I am a huge fan of MAC fluidline. But THIS has it beat when it comes to application. For some reason, this goes on much smoother and easier than Fluidline. The Caviar color is perfect; I am fair and red headed and this is black but a soft black, not harsh or deep black at all, but definitely not brown or grey. I will buy this again in other colors, I am so impressed!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG eyeliner. PERFECT color, not black, brownish without ANY red in it.Not at all harsh like a black, or reddish like a brown, which albeit more "natural" tends to make my eyes look tired and emphasize any redness. Pair this with the new long wear cream shadow in Shore (perfect non-pink neutral) with Slate (greyish brown) in your crease and voila! You have a flattering, neutral eye that will last all day. Don't be afraid of applying a gel vs: pencil liner. I use a Laura Mercier smudge brush (very short, compact bristles, easy to controla) to apply a nice, soft line on upper and lower lids.