Bobbi Brown Caviar Ink

Caviar Bobbi Brown LinerBobbi Brown Gel Ink Liner

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this because of the reviews in search of a non smudging or transferring gel-liner. Sadly I have to report that it does smudge and transfer in a bad way. Especially when I wear a cat-flick. It's also hard to get a solid opaque line in one go and goes on grainy and blotchy.
I tried this with a very fine tip and a slant tip liner brush. Very disappointing!

on 5/8/2015 11:07:00 PM

If u want a change from the usual black, switch to caviar. Its a dark expresso that goes well with most smokey eyes. Its also natural enough for day wear as the color is not too severe and harsh. Recommend for outdoor events/ summer weddings. Long staying power and the brown is so natural looking. The texture glides on smooth, no tugging, pulling. Get this as an alternative to kohl black.

on 3/15/2015 9:54:00 AM

This is one of those products that I can't imagine not having in my beauty arsenal. I resisted buying it for a long time, because I had several other gel eyeliners, including black, brown and grey. I really liked the BB gel formula and decided to give this one a try.

I'm on the pale side (MAC NW15 with blue eyes), and black liner can wash me out. Sometimes I want something a little more dramatic than brown. What I love is that it's not quite black and not quite brown--it's a soft blackish brown. I can wear it with any color combination and it adds just that little extra *wow* to my look. This works for the office (with a thin brush and tight line) or for a night out (with a thicker line for a little drama). Once it's on and sets for a few seconds, it doesn't budge. Seriously, this will wear all day long without fading or smudging.

I really like the formula too--I've had this pot for about 2 years, and while it's not as hygienic as a pencil, it's still going strong with no odors or changes in consistency. It hasn't dried out (I do store it upside down after reading some comments here).

This is a keeper! I find myself reaching for this at least twice a week.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG eyeliner. PERFECT color, not black, brownish without ANY red in it.Not at all harsh like a black, or reddish like a brown, which albeit more "natural" tends to make my eyes look tired and emphasize any redness. Pair this with the new long wear cream shadow in Shore (perfect non-pink neutral) with Slate (greyish brown) in your crease and voila! You have a flattering, neutral eye that will last all day. Don't be afraid of applying a gel vs: pencil liner. I use a Laura Mercier smudge brush (very short, compact bristles, easy to controla) to apply a nice, soft line on upper and lower lids.

on 10/12/2011 8:27:00 AM

Dry out prevention suggestions! I love BB gel liners and will continue to buy them unless another company creates something better. Caviar Ink is my go to fall/winter shade. To prevent dry out, here are two suggestions: 1) use a cotton swab to wipe away the dry top layer at least once a month. It will reveal the moister layer trapped below it. 2) cut out a small size piece of plastic food wrap. After you finish using the eye liner, gently press it against the product with your finger and close the lid as usual. This will protect it from the air that gets trapped inside the jar. You should replace the plastic wrap from time to time for hygienic reasons. Hope this helps!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love Bobbi's gel liners, and this color is a perfect everyday for me...not as dramatic as black, but as I have very dark brown eyes, I need some depth, which regular browns fall short. As a makeup artist, I think it would be a fantastic color on any eye, though more dramatic for blues and greens.

I've always been a fan of liquid eyeliner until I started using Bobbi Brown gel liner. I love caviar because it's a soft black which makes my eyes look defined without looking too intense. I use this with the ultra fine eyeliner brush and I love it! It's easy to apply and very long-lasting. I havent had any problems with it so far. Def my HG eyeliner! :D

This looks like a dark brown in the jar but on me it looks like a soft black. I like that it isn't shimmery like so many gel eyeliners I seem to come across. It is a pretty intense color but not as intense as black. I like the tenacity of this liner..especially with the humid weather here in Jersey...lasts all day.

on 5/27/2010 8:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Just another reason why I am not wishlist only! Would never have thought to try this product, but a lovely lady initiated a swap with me and I chose this from her list. Color: perfect! Deep deep brown without the harshness of black. Staying power: all I have to say is WOW! I couldn't believe it when I looked in the mirror at the end of my work day and it looked exactly like when I applied it that morning. THROWING ALL MY OTHER EYELINERS AWAY!!!!

Update 9/25/10: I have since acquired other BB liners in swaps - graphite shimmer and forest shimmer. Now I am in a quandary every morning - which little gem do I pair with my e/s today?? Love them all and will definitely collect more colors.

on 9/16/2009 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I had been looking at this color gel liner from BB as I have the black and espresso. Although I am a woman of color, the black can look too harsh on me at times. I needed something darker than espresso, but softer than black. Caviar ink suits the bill. Also, I left the top off one day on my black ink liner and it started to crack and dried out. Never had that happen before, so it was time to get another black or try out the caviar.

Very happy with the look. As others have mentioned, it is a great color that is dark, but not too intense or severe for day/work. BB's liner last a long time, so I'm very happy with the purchase and suggest it for anyone who wants something lighter than a tar black and darker than a dark brown.