Bobbi Brown Caviar Ink

Filtered by age: 25-29
Bobbi Brown Caviar Ink
Caviar Bobbi Brown LinerBobbi Brown Gel Ink Liner

4.5

I hate this color. I wish I never bought it. I have brown eyes and fair skin and it tends to look a little bit blue. I'd read that it comes out espresso-ish, which it definitely does not. It looks obvious and I prefer a more pulled together eye look. Interested in trying this formulation in another color, but really should've steered clear of this color. Will give it to my blonde/blue eyed friend as I feel like it's a color for girls with more Nordic coloring!

on 10/23/2013 4:39:00 PM

Finally got my hands on this because I was being cheap and didn't want to fork over money to pay the full price of $23. Honestly, it isn't worth the money. Gel liners are very easy to use; goes on smooth and acurrate. But they dry up. I read a lot of reviews before I made the move from liquid to gel eyeliner. Gel eyeliners will last for a long time, I still have my first one from 2 years ago (thinking about throwing it out incase of germs and such since you can't sanitize gel). But ALL gel eyeliners will dry up.

Outside of that, i love this color. A soft black and def less intense than the black liners on the market.

on 9/22/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased BB's gel liner in Chocolate Shimmer in Dubai two months ago and I still love the smoothness and ease of application. I was sold on Stila's bronze eye pot but the chocolate shimmer really makes my brown eyes stand out. I have never felt sexier in an eyeliner. If you are hesitant to spend the extra money like I was, I can tell you that I have no regrets and will do it again and again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this eyeliner. The color is so versatile. It's dark enough for dramatic looks. However, since it's not quite black, it's not as harsh as black liner. That makes it great for daytime and work looks.

I have hooded eyes and the wear-time is pretty good. It doesn't transfer very much. Overall, this is a good product and one I use often.

This is my favorite eye liner ever. I've been using it for 5 plus years. With the right brush, it goes on smooth over any deep pigmented shadow or crayon. I've used it for dramatic looks, day wear and special FX for Halloween and other costume parties. Lasts a very long time. A MUST HAVE!

on 7/7/2012 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Caviar Ink is color perfection. I have used MAC fluidline in blacktrack and rich ground for quite some time and while I adore rich ground, blacktrack was just not doing it for me. I have dark brown hair and green hazel eyes and it always seems so harsh and evener harsher after I apply mascara. I apply blacktrack right on the lashline and then apply rich ground a bit thicker to bring out the green in my hazel eyes. I tried Mac Dipdown but it was way to brown and didn't suit my complexion. I have a warmer complexion and caviar ink is just what I need to look natural and it is the exact shade of my lashes. It makes my lashes look much thicker without it being super noticeable (like blacktrack). Another product I wished I would of tried sooner.

on 12/4/2011 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My favorite, and most used gel eyeliner. I have had my current jar for almost 2 years and it still applies as smoothly and creamy as it did the day I purchased it. It is the perfect daytime dark eyeliner and the perfect dark liner for light skinned ladies. Highly recommend!!

I have used Bobbi's gel liners in the past and have been kind of blah about them. The formula is ok, but somewhat hard to spread correctly without looking to thick or obvious. I have blonde hair and blue eyes that are wide set with long lashes. I can get away with alot when it comes to eye makeup but really just tend to crave a defined look. Bobbi's black, I have found to be a bit much and honestly even though I haven't been a MAC fan since highschool, if Im preferring that smoky Bridgette Bardot look I still prefer blacktrack. I have found all brown liners to look strange on me. Im not sure if it's my coloring or what but not enough definition and the tone is off. Navy blues and dark greys are good but I was looking for something different. When I saw this color I loved it. It is a perfect mixture of black, grey and brown. Somehow going on it gives the perfect amount of definition to an otherwise neutral eye. It looks great in the waterline as well. The formula is still the same and Im contemplating buying a different brush to make it work and I will update if there is a change. In the meantime, Im glad I bought this. I find myself reaching for it often. Even if as a perfectionist I find myself having to spend more time on my eyes in the morning. But it's worth it for such a great color. If your coloring is like mine, give it a try.

on 6/9/2010 5:01:00 PM

I haven't used this product long enough to warrant giving it 5 lippies, but I am already very impressed with this gel eyeliner. Like other reviewers have said, Caviar Ink looks like a soft black , at least on me, though the description given on Bobbi Brown's site (and QVC's, which is where I purchased a kit that included this product) says it's a very dark black-brown.
This product has staying power; once you apply it, you have a few seconds to manipulate it before it sets for the entire day. The finish is matte and the pigment does not chip. I'd like to test this product by working out in it to see just how well it deals with sweat and the elements. All in all, I'm really happy with this gel eyeliner. I'm already thinking about purchasing another color (most likely the dark, intense purple one).

on 1/17/2010 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Almost black colour with deep blue-green undertones. Goes well with cool eye shadow colours and is less harsh than pure black eye liners. Can be applied lightly and smudged or thicker for a more opaque liquid liner look. Excellent staying power.