Bobbi Brown Caviar Ink

Caviar Bobbi Brown LinerBobbi Brown Gel Ink Liner

4.3

on 3/14/2012 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this in a swap & I'm glad I did. I really took a liking to this liner. I switch it up between this & my mac blitz & glitz. IMO I think this liner lasts longer than my fluidline when I wing it out at the ends of my eyes. This color is perfect b/c it is not super black. I apply it with my mac eye liner brush & it lasts all day.

on 10/23/2011 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

There is something about this product that I think I'm missing out on.
My partner recently took me out for our anniversary the other night, and all I wanted to do was look beautiful.
I had no eyeshadows on, I only had Bobbie Brown Gel Liner in Caviar Ink and YSL Faux Cils mascara as my eye makeup.
This flaked like crazy! I was soo disappointed. The content in my jar was rather dry, it didn't apply as great as I hoped for. I remember I had to dig my brush in the jar just for some product.
I knew the flaking was not from my mascara, I used my mascara religiously and never had that problem.
To me this can never compare to my MAC Fluidline, and seriously I hate Napoleon Perdis product soo much but, I'm not hesitant to say that even the Napoleon Perdis China Doll Liner is much better then this when it was still usuable(Napoleon Perdis China Doll Liner starts off great and then the content dries up later, but this is dry from day one).
I feel as though I'm missing out on something with Bobbi Brown, I've made 2 purchase from Bobbi Brown and both are horrific, and to top things off its expensive.

on 8/4/2011 9:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love Bobbi's gel eyeliners, I have tried other brands throughout the years and will always go back to these. I normally use Black Ink, but after I ran out of my pot (managed to get 2+ years out of it with normal wear), I decided to try Caviar. A great choice if you like black eyeliner, but don't want it too black and if you think brown is too light. This is the perfect in between shade. These gel liners have the best consistency and are easy to apply and stay put ALL DAY. I apply mine with a MAC #263 brush and it gives me a razor sharp thin line or a thicker line if I want. Perfection in a pot!

My favorite eyeliner ever. My everyday is Espresso but I wanted to try Caviar too since they are similar. What the cosmeticians told me was that Caviar is between Espresso and Black, like a soft black.

Regardless of what color you want, buy this eyeliner. I love it so much and if you don't break the pot it will last a long time. My old one lasted 7 months until I accidentally broke it but there was more than half the product left and it didn't seem to dry out, flake, or lose its color at all.

Espresso and Caviar look very similar in the mirror and in the pot, but in pictures and certain lighting the Caviar looks darker and pretty much black while the Espresso looks deep brown.

I wear Espresso for casual/everyday but sometimes I want a slightly more dramatic look yet I find black to be too harsh unless I'm going super glam, which I rarely do. Black also sometimes looks too cool or grayish, especially a soft black liner, but this is warm and the undertones are brownish, so you don't get the charcoal look but a true soft warm black, which is much prettier on most people in my opinion.

All in all, Espresso is like a deep blackened shade of brown, while Caviar is like a slightly brownish shade of black.

Caviar is a great universal color. If you are the type who doesn't look overdone in real black, this would be a good casual/everyday color for you as it is still black but warmer and softer. If you are the type who finds black harsh for everyday, I'd say get this for a fancy occasion and a brown shade like Espresso or a step lighter for everyday, as it still looks black but softer than the typical black.

Also, It won't look washed out or reddish in pictures the way brownish eyeliner tends to do, and I found that Espresso is great but it tends to come out lighter and slightly reddish tinted in pictures than it looks in person.

For some reason this shade seems to glide on more quickly and deeply than Espresso, but that's probably just because it's a darker shade.

I think its ok. It stays on throughout the day but if I do a lot of activity or sweat a little, it doesn't stay on very well. I had really high expectations after reading all the reviews and paying all that money and I was kind of disappointed. Perhaps I should try I primer underneath it but I don't think it is worth $21. I recently bought the Maybelline gel liner and it seems to work just as well, if not better. I've had my BB for about 5 months and was using it everyday but now I've started using my Mayebelline. I will probably finish my BB though so I don't feel like I wasted $ but again, Maybelline is just as good for a much cheaper price!

on 8/11/2010 11:04:00 PM

I'm the type of eyeliner wearer who loves and has always worn classic black. I prefer a slightly thick cat eye shape and jet black has always been perfect for that. So obviously, black ink gel eyeliner by Bobbi Brown is an eyeliner I've been using for years.

You can see how one would be hesistant to try anything other than black, expecially with my light olive skin tone, sallowness, and deep brown eyes that often appear recessed and small without an intense liner. However, my fears were assuaged when I went in to a local nordstrom and had the Bobbi Brown consultant apply Caviar to my lids.

Instead of decreasing the "oomph" of my eyes, it softened the cat eye, creating a velvety look with a depth unlike any other "brown" liner out there. It's very deep, dark, and has lovely putty undertones. Turns out, this works well for my skin because the blue undertones of black ink were replaced by the true neutral undertones of putty...and works well with my sallow skin. Don't be afraid!

And of course, BB's gel liners last FOREVER (you won't get to use the whole pot before it starts to dry out...trust me, that's not fault of the formula). They stay put all day long and have a wonderful fluid texture.

I have super oily eyelids and find that I have to reapply liner throughout the day, but not with this....this is the best gel eyeliner i have ever used, hands down..and this color is amazing! For me, this is a color that I can wear everyday at work....not as dark as black but not as light as a brown. Will repurchase over and over again!!!

on 3/25/2010 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i was told that caviar ink was a nice, rich brown... but on my eyelids, it's completely black. i have green eyes, fair skin, and reddish brown hair so black eyeliner is way too dramatic on my eyes so i was looking for a nice brown eyeliner. I thought this would be it, but i was sadly disappointed, especially because of the price. with all that aise, the eyeliner itself was the best i ever used. it stays on all day without any smudging.

on 9/28/2009 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the shade that every women should have!
I used to hate black liners because it makes my eyes too sharp like eagles, so the darkest I go is MAC's Blitz & Glitz. However when BB have this out, I'm so tempted by the foody name and decided I need to go check it out. This is the color that its hard to describe...its kind of like black with a tint of black plum and a bit of expresso ink...and you get caviar ink. Its not to sharp but definitely defines you eye and make them pop. Thank God this is perm.

on 9/25/2009 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

so funny, i have been using black ink everyday without fail for years (when it was priced at $18) and I have never ventured to other colors primarily because i draw my eyeliner very "defined".. I draw it like cat eyes, intense definition. Tried some unsuccessful brown's (with Loreal HIP, MAC, etc) to try and change up my look.. but it just made me look blotchy!! was hesitant on trying this color as it seems that this would be a dark brown shade.

anyways, i love caviar ink!! it takes an additional few strokes to fill in the color, but it's a "almost black" color!! hints of brown, if that. it definitely looks a lot darker than it does in the pot. In the pot, it looks more brown.

love love love it. thank u BB!!!!!!!

---UPDATE----

omg.. i find myself reaching for this every morning. Poor black ink is sitting in its' lonesome corner, neglected. caviar ink=new favorite.