Origins Clear Improvement

Origins Clear Improvement

3.8

Aqueous Infusions; Melilot (Melilotus Officinalis), Equisetum Arvense, Kaolin, Bentonite, Butylene Glycol, Montmorillonite, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Activated Charcoal, Natural Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, PEG-150 Distearate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Sorbitan Laurate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Simethicone, Trisodium EDTA, Deydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides

on 7/15/2016 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have problem combo skin; blackheads, some acne breakouts but also dehydrated and flakey in some areas.
It was difficult to choose between 3 and 4 lippies for this one.
The good first. This mask is great for oily/acne prone areas. It DOES draw impurities to the surface so you may experience a few breakouts the first few times you use it, or if you stop using it for a while. I follow up the next evening with a good glycolic product to minimize that and to get rid of the stuff the mask has brought to the surface. It also works well for clearing up acne and blackheads, if used regularly.
The bad is that after a few months it tends to be very drying. I have dry skin on my cheeks and lower part of my face so I can now only use this mask now on the nose and forehead.

on 7/14/2016 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this mask a few times and had to stop using it completely because it caused cystic acne breakouts on my face every time I used it. I have sensitive, combo oily, and acne prone skin. If your skin is sensitive and acne prone like mine, beware! This mask irritated my skin badly and the breakouts took a while to heal.

To Read all 503 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The first few times I used this product I noticed it'd break me out straight after so I avoided using it for a little bit. My skin started getting those horrible skin coloured comedones and I was desperate as all my other masks weren't doing anything. I gave this a go and the day after I had 3 cystic spots come out which I was happy and not at the same time! I was happy cause I could finally cure them and I knew the mask was clearing my skin. You need patience and consistency with this mask! I know it's not convenient having a huge breakout out but if you keep using the mask three times a week following a spot treatment it will keep your pores clean and avoid your skin breaking out unexpectedly! It dries up current out spots and brings everything out! And I mean everything!! I love it! Best method to take this mask off is with a flannel soaked in warm water! It's a little drying but nothing a bit of moisturiser can't fix :) I'd buy this in a blink of an eye if I ran out even if it's a little on the pricey side!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily and acne-prone skin which became worse when I got pregnant. Being pregnant, I wanted to steer clear of benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid so I bought this mask as I believe the ingredients are natural and safer. After using this mask twice a week for 2 weeks, I noticed that some of my closed comedones cleared up and some active pimples healed faster. My skin is less bumpy and more even. I didn't notice any improvement on my blackheads though. I use the Modern Friction exfoliator first and then apply this mask. My skin feels clean and light after washing it off. I will post an update after I have used this for a few more weeks. I hope this will totally clear up my skin. It is pricey but it will last a long time if you use the right amount. A little goes a long way with this.

on 6/21/2016 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After I used it for the first time, my skin was noticeably lighter and it felt very clean, but i didn't notice that big of a difference in the blackheads on my nose, or anywhere else really. But, after a week without it, my pores felt really clogged and in need of the deep cleansing this mask brings. It does make my skin noticeably smoother and cleaner,and it's decent for acne in that it dries them out sufficiently, but I think my cleanser does a better job in that regard. I have very oily skin, but I don't think it was too drying. I only ran into issues when I used it after exfoliating. A little goes a long way with this, which is good considering it's price. All in all,this is a pretty good mask, but it isn't spectacular. I would, however, buy it again for the extra cleansing it brings.

on 6/2/2016 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is the best clay mask I have ever found (so far). I've been using this for years, but I did switch to the Clinique Pore Refining Clay mask when I read that it was practically the same as Origins - FALSE. The Clinique one stung my skin whenever I used it and I did not see any, if at all, improvement in my skin... To be honest, I felt that a day or so after using it, I would break out. (I am extremely acne prone)
This Origins mask is a pain to remove but I repurchased it a few days ago when I was having a really bad breakout on my cheeks and this literally smoothed my skin out and quelled any other breakouts. This is a must have imo.

on 5/18/2016 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Never had good luck with store bought masks. I make my own homemade concoctions and have good results with that. Had to try this mask after my friend's nonstop raves about this mask. I got samples from Sephora(since they are so good with that nowadays) and must say, I am very very happy with the results. It pulls out all the gunk and my face looks clean/radiant the next day.. I am gonna try it a couple more times and then post an update. It hasn't irritated or increased the redness around my cheek area. ..for that alone, this product gets a 5+.

on 5/4/2016 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this mask. I use modern friction facial scrub followed by this mask about twice a week. It makes my skin feel squeaky clean without drying it out. I use a face cloth to remove. Not a mask to let anyone see you in, rather frightening. I wish it was easier to get all the contents out of the tube. I may need to resort to scissors to get the last of it out. Another excellent Origins product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ive been through 2 tubes and this product really cleaned and tightened my pores,i tend to only use it at the end of the week and i leave it on for 30 mins to an hour mainly because I get too lazy to take it off. The only con is that it is so hard to take off you need a washcloth to kind of scrub it away but the outcome is worth it. I liked this product better than the glam glow masks they seemed to break me out meanwhile this did not. I hate seeing yall complain about the price...its easier to buy the 1.7 oz for $17 than the $26 tube. A little goes a long way and you really only need to use it once a week at that rate it will last you 2 months or so....

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I thought this mask was pretty good at making the skin soft and clean, but not dry and flakey. I had really supple skin afterwards. However, it's pretty pricey, and I don't think it did a really good job at cleaning out my pores.

Popular Masks