Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
Clear Improvement Active Charcoal MaskClear Improvement Active Charcoal MaskClear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

3.8

2016: water\aqua\eau; myrtus communis (myrtle) leaf water; kaolin; bentonite; butylene glycol; montmorillonite; polysorbate 20; peg-100 stearate; charcoal powder; xanthan gum; lecithin; peg-150 distearate; propylene glycol stearate; sorbitan laurate; glycerin; propylene glycol laurate; simethicone; caprylyl glycol; ethylhexylglycerin; hexylene glycol; trisodium edta; dehydroacetic acid; phenoxyethanol

on 11/22/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Got this in my Sephora box this stuff is great. My skin felt great after.

on 11/22/2017 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

On my second bottle of this product. Have only used this charcoal mask for removing blackheads and whiteheads. it is abit difficult to remove after the product dries up on your face. i also always apply a really thick layer on my face as it feels so tight and cooling. that makes it even more difficult to wash off. but i still really enjoy using this mask.

I really loved that this was a dark charcoal grey and not black. I find that all products with charcoal in it tend to be very black and stains everything. This comes out as a smooth grey cream that spreads easily over your skin. There is no tingling or stinging at all. It doesn't fully dry and so it's easy to wash off. After a 10-minute mask, my skin did feel like it was deeply cleansed, but my skin was dried out. So this is not for combo dry skin faces.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a good mask, I feel like it gives my skin a really deep clean. I can only leave it on for 10 minutes otherwise it leaves my skin dry and uncomfortable, but if I take it off after a short time my skin feels lovely. However, I think it is very expensive for a charcoal mask and there are plenty of others out there that are just as effective, and are much cheaper (e.g. Loreal pure clay)

on 9/25/2017 11:04:00 PM

Good product

I like this clay mask it absorbs excess oil verry well but what I dont like about this product is that its a little irritating. Would not recommend it for sensetive skin. I use it also on my back.

on 2/4/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this a year ago to try and clear out some gunked-up pores, but it really does nothing other than make a mess in my sink. Just now finishing it up, but it's been pretty futile since about halfway through the tube. I mostly just used as a nice cooling relaxation/circulation boosting mask since it feels nice going on and while it's drying.

I've gotten probably one use a month out of it for the full-sized bottle so it's pretty economical...if it works for you. My pores are very small but they tend to clog since I'm usually dehydrated. If you have large pores and oily skin maybe you'll notice something, but I'm generally not impressed with clay masks these days and this was no exception.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Reviewing this is funny because I think I've been using this since high school haha. My skin is dry and using not bad with acne but sometimes if I go out drinking and don't clean my face before bed I break out (I know my own fault). So this isn't like a weekly mask for me or anything but more of a my skin is a mess and I need to fix it kind of mask. Using it is easy, I use a warm facecloth to open my pores and layer this on. Once it dries I just wash it off. My face always feels so clean after, I think this just takes all the oil and gunk out of my pores. I actually just got my 14 year old niece this mask because shes breaking out. Even though I have my own big bottle of this I was sent a sample size for review, this is my own opinion but needed to mention that. #DiscoverOrigins

on 6/27/2017 11:20:00 AM

I got a nice sized sample of this to try. The texture was surprisingly thick and goopy, kind of sticky even. Wasn't a big fan of the texture. Applying it had a tendency to go on thick but you can spread it out thin if you worked at it. My skin felt a warming sensation that was not unpleasant and the scent was a bit herbal/clean which was nice. I was really surprised how quickly the mask dried each time, only about 7 minutes until I felt tightness. Most of my clay masks take twice as long, which is kinda cool. I felt like the product did a good job of removing oil and helping to balance my combination skin, overall I really liked the product.

However, there is a product I like just as much from freeman beauty (the charcoal mud mask) for $4.29 at Ulta. I can't justify the price.

This product tends to make my already big cystic pimples bigger after every use. So i am quite disappointed because this is pretty expensive considering that the brand isn't drugstore.