Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
Clear Improvement Active Charcoal MaskClear Improvement Active Charcoal MaskClear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

3.8

2016: water\aqua\eau; myrtus communis (myrtle) leaf water; kaolin; bentonite; butylene glycol; montmorillonite; polysorbate 20; peg-100 stearate; charcoal powder; xanthan gum; lecithin; peg-150 distearate; propylene glycol stearate; sorbitan laurate; glycerin; propylene glycol laurate; simethicone; caprylyl glycol; ethylhexylglycerin; hexylene glycol; trisodium edta; dehydroacetic acid; phenoxyethanol

on 2/4/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this a year ago to try and clear out some gunked-up pores, but it really does nothing other than make a mess in my sink. Just now finishing it up, but it's been pretty futile since about halfway through the tube. I mostly just used as a nice cooling relaxation/circulation boosting mask since it feels nice going on and while it's drying.

I've gotten probably one use a month out of it for the full-sized bottle so it's pretty economical...if it works for you. My pores are very small but they tend to clog since I'm usually dehydrated. If you have large pores and oily skin maybe you'll notice something, but I'm generally not impressed with clay masks these days and this was no exception.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought a sample size of this bec of my friend's recommendation. I have combination, acne-prone and super sensitive skin. My friend said that this is perfect for those who have acne-prone skin. When i put this on,my skin felt burning! I had to go in front of an aircondition so i wont feel that sensation. It's like cauterizing warts. After washing,my skin broke out. It's sad,i'm very hopeful for this product. I gave my sample size to my other friend and sadly,his skin reacted too. He put a super thin layer of this and felt a burning sensation of this. I wouldnt recommend this to sensitive skin.

on 1/31/2017 6:08:00 PM

I have tried Clinique & Loreal’s charcoal masks, and they have nothing on this one. This is my genuine opinion based on my experience with these masks. Clinique’s dried my skin a lot and I even had a bad reaction when using the Loreal mask. ( I am not sure if it’s ingredients or somehow I miss used it, but results were not good ) .
Origins’s mask cleans my skin visibly without making it “squeaky”, dry or irritated. It makes a noticeable difference on my skin and it’s just a very nice pampering mask :).
I would definitely recommend it if you need a charcoal mask but have sensitive skin. I know very well how hard it is to find products that can cleanse your skin without causing a reaction.
You can read my pros and cons with this product on my blog : http://veroniccapopova.com/origins-maskimizer-charcoal-mask-drink-up-intensive-mask-review/

on 1/24/2017 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Really good it leave my skin looking so clear and helps with my spots also clears out my pores and smells so good!!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this mask about twice a week I leave it on for about 15-20 mints kinda long but I really do see the benefits from this mask. I bought the travel size and have already got 4-5 masks out of it and have a lot left. I have more of an oil to my face and this cleans that up - Since I have been using this my face has not had any uncomfortable breakouts. After I use this mask I do put on a very thin layer of Clinique acne lotion and so far so good. My face responds very well to any charcoal mask/face cleaners. This may not be as good for someone with very dry or sensitive skin. Update: Still using this mask twice a week and my face seems to love it as much as I do!!

on 1/18/2017 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a fantastic charcoal mask. No scent & nice consistency where it isn't too thick or too thin. When it dries it doesn't crack and flake off all over the place. Washes off easily and doesn't irritate your skin.

Afterward I thought my skin looked visibly clearer, calmer and less red. I love the packaging and would repurchase in the future.

Favorite pore cleansing mask! Immediately sucks up all the dirt clogging my pores and helps minimize size and redness of breakouts as well. It works in a way similar to mario badescu drying lotion by drying the skin up and absorbing all the dirt!
PROS:
- Unclogs pores and minimizes them
- Clears skin
- no smell
- Great value for money, 32$ CAD for 100ml
CONS:
- Can be drying if used too often (I use it 2x per week)

on 1/6/2017 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love it! Clariying, not drying, doesn't pull on your skin like some clay masks do.

Absolutely a must have for oily t-zone. I've been using once a week for about a month.

I admit, I'm the girl with the 15x mag mirror....with the blackhead loop tool.....I know, bad. However, I can attest that there is MUCH less sebum coming from the pores on my nose. I'm 52, and trust me, I've tried everything to clean out these stubborn pores, this worked.

Also, I use Retin A every evening and haven't found the combination drying as long as I use daily sunscreen and an evening moisturizer . My go to sunscreen for this oily face is Alpha Skin Care Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 and their Essential Facial Moisturizer at night.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love this mask. I use it when my skin is just starting to get angry. Maybe once a month? I first got it as a sample. I put it on, let it dry for 10 minutes (set a timer) , and rinsed it off. Looked up into the mirror and said out loud, "Oh wow, I need to buy the full size." That same day someone actually said to me,"what did you do to your skin? It looks really good!" "New mask, thanks!" Yeah. I couldn't get over to Sephora fast enough. Its just a really great mask for either calming your skin down or stopping a breakout if you can feel it coming on. I will say this. DO NOT leave this on too long (theres a reason I said set a timer) It will dry your skin out and you will be bright red until it calms down. It is a good sized tube and a little goes a long way. With skincare I'm more willing to splurge- especially if it's going to last me a while. If you're undecided, ask for a sample, you have nothing to lose :)