Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
Clear Improvement Active Charcoal MaskClear Improvement Active Charcoal MaskClear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

3.8

2016: water\aqua\eau; myrtus communis (myrtle) leaf water; kaolin; bentonite; butylene glycol; montmorillonite; polysorbate 20; peg-100 stearate; charcoal powder; xanthan gum; lecithin; peg-150 distearate; propylene glycol stearate; sorbitan laurate; glycerin; propylene glycol laurate; simethicone; caprylyl glycol; ethylhexylglycerin; hexylene glycol; trisodium edta; dehydroacetic acid; phenoxyethanol

on 9/25/2017 11:04:00 PM

Good product

I really loved that this was a dark charcoal grey and not black. I find that all products with charcoal in it tend to be very black and stains everything. This comes out as a smooth grey cream that spreads easily over your skin. There is no tingling or stinging at all. It doesn't fully dry and so it's easy to wash off. After a 10-minute mask, my skin did feel like it was deeply cleansed, but my skin was dried out. So this is not for combo dry skin faces.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Reviewing this is funny because I think I've been using this since high school haha. My skin is dry and using not bad with acne but sometimes if I go out drinking and don't clean my face before bed I break out (I know my own fault). So this isn't like a weekly mask for me or anything but more of a my skin is a mess and I need to fix it kind of mask. Using it is easy, I use a warm facecloth to open my pores and layer this on. Once it dries I just wash it off. My face always feels so clean after, I think this just takes all the oil and gunk out of my pores. I actually just got my 14 year old niece this mask because shes breaking out. Even though I have my own big bottle of this I was sent a sample size for review, this is my own opinion but needed to mention that. #DiscoverOrigins

on 6/27/2017 11:20:00 AM

I got a nice sized sample of this to try. The texture was surprisingly thick and goopy, kind of sticky even. Wasn't a big fan of the texture. Applying it had a tendency to go on thick but you can spread it out thin if you worked at it. My skin felt a warming sensation that was not unpleasant and the scent was a bit herbal/clean which was nice. I was really surprised how quickly the mask dried each time, only about 7 minutes until I felt tightness. Most of my clay masks take twice as long, which is kinda cool. I felt like the product did a good job of removing oil and helping to balance my combination skin, overall I really liked the product.

However, there is a product I like just as much from freeman beauty (the charcoal mud mask) for $4.29 at Ulta. I can't justify the price.

This product tends to make my already big cystic pimples bigger after every use. So i am quite disappointed because this is pretty expensive considering that the brand isn't drugstore.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a good mask, I feel like it gives my skin a really deep clean. I can only leave it on for 10 minutes otherwise it leaves my skin dry and uncomfortable, but if I take it off after a short time my skin feels lovely. However, I think it is very expensive for a charcoal mask and there are plenty of others out there that are just as effective, and are much cheaper (e.g. Loreal pure clay)

on 2/4/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this a year ago to try and clear out some gunked-up pores, but it really does nothing other than make a mess in my sink. Just now finishing it up, but it's been pretty futile since about halfway through the tube. I mostly just used as a nice cooling relaxation/circulation boosting mask since it feels nice going on and while it's drying.

I've gotten probably one use a month out of it for the full-sized bottle so it's pretty economical...if it works for you. My pores are very small but they tend to clog since I'm usually dehydrated. If you have large pores and oily skin maybe you'll notice something, but I'm generally not impressed with clay masks these days and this was no exception.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought a sample size of this bec of my friend's recommendation. I have combination, acne-prone and super sensitive skin. My friend said that this is perfect for those who have acne-prone skin. When i put this on,my skin felt burning! I had to go in front of an aircondition so i wont feel that sensation. It's like cauterizing warts. After washing,my skin broke out. It's sad,i'm very hopeful for this product. I gave my sample size to my other friend and sadly,his skin reacted too. He put a super thin layer of this and felt a burning sensation of this. I wouldnt recommend this to sensitive skin.

on 1/24/2017 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Really good it leave my skin looking so clear and helps with my spots also clears out my pores and smells so good!!

on 1/31/2017 6:08:00 PM

I have tried Clinique & Loreal’s charcoal masks, and they have nothing on this one. This is my genuine opinion based on my experience with these masks. Clinique’s dried my skin a lot and I even had a bad reaction when using the Loreal mask. ( I am not sure if it’s ingredients or somehow I miss used it, but results were not good ) .
Origins’s mask cleans my skin visibly without making it “squeaky”, dry or irritated. It makes a noticeable difference on my skin and it’s just a very nice pampering mask :).
I would definitely recommend it if you need a charcoal mask but have sensitive skin. I know very well how hard it is to find products that can cleanse your skin without causing a reaction.
You can read my pros and cons with this product on my blog : http://veroniccapopova.com/origins-maskimizer-charcoal-mask-drink-up-intensive-mask-review/