Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
Clear Improvement Active Charcoal MaskClear Improvement Active Charcoal MaskClear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

3.8

2016: water\aqua\eau; myrtus communis (myrtle) leaf water; kaolin; bentonite; butylene glycol; montmorillonite; polysorbate 20; peg-100 stearate; charcoal powder; xanthan gum; lecithin; peg-150 distearate; propylene glycol stearate; sorbitan laurate; glycerin; propylene glycol laurate; simethicone; caprylyl glycol; ethylhexylglycerin; hexylene glycol; trisodium edta; dehydroacetic acid; phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Reviewing this is funny because I think I've been using this since high school haha. My skin is dry and using not bad with acne but sometimes if I go out drinking and don't clean my face before bed I break out (I know my own fault). So this isn't like a weekly mask for me or anything but more of a my skin is a mess and I need to fix it kind of mask. Using it is easy, I use a warm facecloth to open my pores and layer this on. Once it dries I just wash it off. My face always feels so clean after, I think this just takes all the oil and gunk out of my pores. I actually just got my 14 year old niece this mask because shes breaking out. Even though I have my own big bottle of this I was sent a sample size for review, this is my own opinion but needed to mention that. #DiscoverOrigins

i used to have stubborn cystic acne on my chin which just dont go away at all eventhough i use salicylic acid, glycolic acid and other acne stuff. believe me, i have tried everything and havent found the one until i bought and tried this stuff. i was at first hesitant because i have tried several other masks (queen helene, loreal charcoal, bubble clay) which didnt make any difference on my acne and instead of making my skin clear, i always end up getting whiteheads and clogged pores the next day after using them. but this one, omg, in one use and using it as spot treatment, i could really tell the bumps just disappeared like they melted away or what. because the next morning i have a flat skin on my spot treated sites. i dont know how charcoal works on our skin but i really have to say that im very amazed. so now i dont have this annoying cystic bumps that hurt and i also have less redness. im so happy this has helped me turn away from the astringents i have always used because i thought my skin depends on them, since they have salicylic acid in them, but although they can control some of my acne they never are able to get rid of the pesky ones on my chin and they tend to damage my skin as well making it red all the time. this charcoal mask is the bomb i would say, it has helped me tremendously to stick with simple yet effective skin care. i intend to use it every other day to maximixe its efficacy and if my skin dries up maybe i can adjust the frequency of my usage but for now i am just ecstatic.

on 2/4/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this a year ago to try and clear out some gunked-up pores, but it really does nothing other than make a mess in my sink. Just now finishing it up, but it's been pretty futile since about halfway through the tube. I mostly just used as a nice cooling relaxation/circulation boosting mask since it feels nice going on and while it's drying.

I've gotten probably one use a month out of it for the full-sized bottle so it's pretty economical...if it works for you. My pores are very small but they tend to clog since I'm usually dehydrated. If you have large pores and oily skin maybe you'll notice something, but I'm generally not impressed with clay masks these days and this was no exception.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought a sample size of this bec of my friend's recommendation. I have combination, acne-prone and super sensitive skin. My friend said that this is perfect for those who have acne-prone skin. When i put this on,my skin felt burning! I had to go in front of an aircondition so i wont feel that sensation. It's like cauterizing warts. After washing,my skin broke out. It's sad,i'm very hopeful for this product. I gave my sample size to my other friend and sadly,his skin reacted too. He put a super thin layer of this and felt a burning sensation of this. I wouldnt recommend this to sensitive skin.

on 1/31/2017 6:08:00 PM

I have tried Clinique & Loreal’s charcoal masks, and they have nothing on this one. This is my genuine opinion based on my experience with these masks. Clinique’s dried my skin a lot and I even had a bad reaction when using the Loreal mask. ( I am not sure if it’s ingredients or somehow I miss used it, but results were not good ) .
Origins’s mask cleans my skin visibly without making it “squeaky”, dry or irritated. It makes a noticeable difference on my skin and it’s just a very nice pampering mask :).
I would definitely recommend it if you need a charcoal mask but have sensitive skin. I know very well how hard it is to find products that can cleanse your skin without causing a reaction.
You can read my pros and cons with this product on my blog : http://veroniccapopova.com/origins-maskimizer-charcoal-mask-drink-up-intensive-mask-review/

on 1/24/2017 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Really good it leave my skin looking so clear and helps with my spots also clears out my pores and smells so good!!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this mask about twice a week I leave it on for about 15-20 mints kinda long but I really do see the benefits from this mask. I bought the travel size and have already got 4-5 masks out of it and have a lot left. I have more of an oil to my face and this cleans that up - Since I have been using this my face has not had any uncomfortable breakouts. After I use this mask I do put on a very thin layer of Clinique acne lotion and so far so good. My face responds very well to any charcoal mask/face cleaners. This may not be as good for someone with very dry or sensitive skin. Update: Still using this mask twice a week and my face seems to love it as much as I do!!

on 1/18/2017 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a fantastic charcoal mask. No scent & nice consistency where it isn't too thick or too thin. When it dries it doesn't crack and flake off all over the place. Washes off easily and doesn't irritate your skin.

Afterward I thought my skin looked visibly clearer, calmer and less red. I love the packaging and would repurchase in the future.

Favorite pore cleansing mask! Immediately sucks up all the dirt clogging my pores and helps minimize size and redness of breakouts as well. It works in a way similar to mario badescu drying lotion by drying the skin up and absorbing all the dirt!
PROS:
- Unclogs pores and minimizes them
- Clears skin
- no smell
- Great value for money, 32$ CAD for 100ml
CONS:
- Can be drying if used too often (I use it 2x per week)

on 1/6/2017 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love it! Clariying, not drying, doesn't pull on your skin like some clay masks do.