ORIGINS Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

ORIGINS Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
Clear Improvement Active Charcoal MaskClear Improvement Active Charcoal MaskClear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

3.8

2016: water\aqua\eau; myrtus communis (myrtle) leaf water; kaolin; bentonite; butylene glycol; montmorillonite; polysorbate 20; peg-100 stearate; charcoal powder; xanthan gum; lecithin; peg-150 distearate; propylene glycol stearate; sorbitan laurate; glycerin; propylene glycol laurate; simethicone; caprylyl glycol; ethylhexylglycerin; hexylene glycol; trisodium edta; dehydroacetic acid; phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have normal to dry dehydrated sensitive skin with no whiteheads or blackheads.
I bought this mask for deep cleansing (pore cleansing). Unfortunately, I had failed to do so. Frankly, I think only peel-off or BHA masks are actually capable of clearing the pores.
Each time I used it my skin felt really clean, but my small pores didn't look any different. The mask made my cheeks dry, but the rest of the face - super smooth. Unfortunately, the next day I woke up with a couple of coming out itchy pimples (that's unusual). New pimples were coming out every time the next day after I've used the mask. I don't see any bad ingredients in the formula and I have no idea why do I have such a reaction.
Tried the mask on my husband, as for me his pores stayed exactly the same before and after using the mask.
Maybe it works better on oilier skins and large pores? Not impressed.

on 12/24/2017 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I received this mask from Sephora by cashing in my points for the small trial size version. I wasn't sure about it so I didn't use it for a month. However once I looked it up on Paula's Choice I was hooked! This leaves my pores looking tight and closed. It makes my face feel very soft and really helps to lift any makeup residue left behind after cleaning. It doesn't have a smell to it which is great. The packaging is great as it comes from a squeeze tube. It goes on easy and dries quickly. This is after all a charcoal clay mask. So yes it will harden but not difficult to wipe off. I just run a cloth under warm water and drape it over my face for 10 secs (if that) and then slowly start to wipe off and it comes off with no problems. This always leaves my face looking awesome even into the next day. My makeup goes on so beautifully on the days I use it the night before. I always use it at night time to relax with!

on 12/16/2017 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is really good mask, it's doing its job. Skin after this mask is really smooth and without any oils. Easy to apply and easy to wash off (well, in terms of clay mask). A little bit cooling. It won't do anything to acne, but will definitely reduce blackheads.

on 11/22/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Got this in my Sephora box this stuff is great. My skin felt great after.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

On my second bottle of this product. Have only used this charcoal mask for removing blackheads and whiteheads. it is abit difficult to remove after the product dries up on your face. i also always apply a really thick layer on my face as it feels so tight and cooling. that makes it even more difficult to wash off. but i still really enjoy using this mask.

I like this clay mask it absorbs excess oil verry well but what I dont like about this product is that its a little irritating. Would not recommend it for sensetive skin. I use it also on my back.

on 9/25/2017 11:04:00 PM

Good product

I really loved that this was a dark charcoal grey and not black. I find that all products with charcoal in it tend to be very black and stains everything. This comes out as a smooth grey cream that spreads easily over your skin. There is no tingling or stinging at all. It doesn't fully dry and so it's easy to wash off. After a 10-minute mask, my skin did feel like it was deeply cleansed, but my skin was dried out. So this is not for combo dry skin faces.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a good mask, I feel like it gives my skin a really deep clean. I can only leave it on for 10 minutes otherwise it leaves my skin dry and uncomfortable, but if I take it off after a short time my skin feels lovely. However, I think it is very expensive for a charcoal mask and there are plenty of others out there that are just as effective, and are much cheaper (e.g. Loreal pure clay)

on 6/27/2017 11:20:00 AM

I got a nice sized sample of this to try. The texture was surprisingly thick and goopy, kind of sticky even. Wasn't a big fan of the texture. Applying it had a tendency to go on thick but you can spread it out thin if you worked at it. My skin felt a warming sensation that was not unpleasant and the scent was a bit herbal/clean which was nice. I was really surprised how quickly the mask dried each time, only about 7 minutes until I felt tightness. Most of my clay masks take twice as long, which is kinda cool. I felt like the product did a good job of removing oil and helping to balance my combination skin, overall I really liked the product.

However, there is a product I like just as much from freeman beauty (the charcoal mud mask) for $4.29 at Ulta. I can't justify the price.