ORIGINS Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

ORIGINS Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
Clear Improvement Active Charcoal MaskClear Improvement Active Charcoal MaskClear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

3.8

2016: water\aqua\eau; myrtus communis (myrtle) leaf water; kaolin; bentonite; butylene glycol; montmorillonite; polysorbate 20; peg-100 stearate; charcoal powder; xanthan gum; lecithin; peg-150 distearate; propylene glycol stearate; sorbitan laurate; glycerin; propylene glycol laurate; simethicone; caprylyl glycol; ethylhexylglycerin; hexylene glycol; trisodium edta; dehydroacetic acid; phenoxyethanol

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is a decent face mask. I'm extremely oily. So oily that without mattifying products I wash my face and then every hour after that I'm filling up 3 to 5 big boscia blotting sheets. I also have adult hormonal acne that's exactly the same as my teen acne and although there's nothing I can do from the outside to stop them coming there is things I can do from the outside to dry them up and treat them and drain them (eww! I know lol I wrote a whole super mattifying products that really work good blog on my blog at yarnandbeauty.blogspot dot com.)
And I like this mask. It's decent and it feels nice putting it on and then letting it tighten and then washing it off. It makes my face more glowy immediately afterwards because of all the blood flow of Basically massaging my face that long through that many steps but overall I seen no results really.
I may be bias and have super high standards because of the Glam Glow Supermud mask. I mean how could you not be after using a mask capable of sucking out so much oil you actually see the mask around your most oily areas turning wet looking again in a pore or zit shape because its literally sucking stuff out of my skin. So much oil and gunk that I'm almost completely matte alll day the next day which I've never experienced before that mask.
So I admit because of this mask and the capabilities I can see that a mask can have this mask kind of falls flat on it's face with me.
It's not expensive in terms of sephora skincare and masks they carry but its way too expensive not to see immediate results and so I never repurchased.
Everyones skin is so different I can't recommend or not because this could be a holy grail for you. What I do recommend is going to sephora and asking for a sample of this before you buy it. They will give you one and you don't have to buy anything in the process. Go home and test it and then decide.

on 11/28/2018 10:48:00 PM

My absolute must have for clogged pores!!! Whenever I feel like my skin texture is rough or is getting congested with black/whiteheads (particularly on my cheeks and jawline) I exfoliate thoroughly to remove dead skin and apply a opaque layer of the masque to the area and let it sit until completely dry. upon application it can sting slightly if you have sensitive skin (like me) this dissipates quickly though and I do feel it’s possibly because I exfoliate BEFORE I use this but for me that helps the product to unblock the pores!! it’s tough to remove but I recommend you emulsify liberally with water before wiping away using a wash cloth, I have never been so impressed with a product targeted at blemishes before it is very good stuff!! Packaging is perfect for travel and even available in a mini size, lasts me a long enough time too which is surprising since I use it 3-4x weekly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have normal to dry dehydrated sensitive skin with no whiteheads or blackheads.
I bought this mask for deep cleansing (pore cleansing). Unfortunately, I had failed to do so. Frankly, I think only peel-off or BHA masks are actually capable of clearing the pores.
Each time I used it my skin felt really clean, but my small pores didn't look any different. The mask made my cheeks dry, but the rest of the face - super smooth. Unfortunately, the next day I woke up with a couple of coming out itchy pimples (that's unusual). New pimples were coming out every time the next day after I've used the mask. I don't see any bad ingredients in the formula and I have no idea why do I have such a reaction.
Tried the mask on my husband, as for me his pores stayed exactly the same before and after using the mask.
Maybe it works better on oilier skins and large pores? Not impressed.

on 12/24/2017 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I received this mask from Sephora by cashing in my points for the small trial size version. I wasn't sure about it so I didn't use it for a month. However once I looked it up on Paula's Choice I was hooked! This leaves my pores looking tight and closed. It makes my face feel very soft and really helps to lift any makeup residue left behind after cleaning. It doesn't have a smell to it which is great. The packaging is great as it comes from a squeeze tube. It goes on easy and dries quickly. This is after all a charcoal clay mask. So yes it will harden but not difficult to wipe off. I just run a cloth under warm water and drape it over my face for 10 secs (if that) and then slowly start to wipe off and it comes off with no problems. This always leaves my face looking awesome even into the next day. My makeup goes on so beautifully on the days I use it the night before. I always use it at night time to relax with!

on 12/16/2017 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is really good mask, it's doing its job. Skin after this mask is really smooth and without any oils. Easy to apply and easy to wash off (well, in terms of clay mask). A little bit cooling. It won't do anything to acne, but will definitely reduce blackheads.

on 11/22/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Got this in my Sephora box this stuff is great. My skin felt great after.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

On my second bottle of this product. Have only used this charcoal mask for removing blackheads and whiteheads. it is abit difficult to remove after the product dries up on your face. i also always apply a really thick layer on my face as it feels so tight and cooling. that makes it even more difficult to wash off. but i still really enjoy using this mask.

I like this clay mask it absorbs excess oil verry well but what I dont like about this product is that its a little irritating. Would not recommend it for sensetive skin. I use it also on my back.

on 9/25/2017 11:04:00 PM

Good product

I really loved that this was a dark charcoal grey and not black. I find that all products with charcoal in it tend to be very black and stains everything. This comes out as a smooth grey cream that spreads easily over your skin. There is no tingling or stinging at all. It doesn't fully dry and so it's easy to wash off. After a 10-minute mask, my skin did feel like it was deeply cleansed, but my skin was dried out. So this is not for combo dry skin faces.