Dr. Hauschka Normalizing Day Oil

Dr. Hauschka Normalizing Day Oil

3.3

Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Hypericum Perforatum (St. John'swort) Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter 5/29/09

on 3/21/2016 2:33:00 PM

This is the absolute worst product if you a problem with acne. At first my skin was so nice after using this oil and then I got clogged pores, pimples. I am trying to return this to Dr. Hauschka - quite expensive and I only used it 8 times.

on 11/7/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Note that this product is now called Dr. Hauschka Clarifying Day Oil.

I have skin that's miraculously oily and dry at the same time, with light acne (more during that time of the month) and I just love this product. Paula Begoun of Paula's Choice ("The Cosmetics Cop") has a low rating for this, because of supposedly skin-irritating fragrances, or some such. I find it to be the opposite - it is very skin calming, non-irritating, and gentle, while at the same time doing a very good job of fighting acne. It takes about a week for your skin to calm down and then it just stops producing so much oil and pimples.

I could not recommend this highly enough, it's one of my all-time favorite products.

To Read all 199 Reviews, Login or Join

I have a mini version of this that lasts for a long time. i'm still playing with it but I prefer mixing it (just a tiny drop) with foundation or day cream. using too much makes me oily. this mini version will last me for a year or more. not sure it controls the oil but foundation mixed with the drop of this oil blends like silk and it smells nice.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

When I was younger I had oily skin with occasional monthly pimples. At a certain point I wanted to use more natural products and went for Dr. Hauschka. The regimel included cleaning cream, tonic and this oil. Using there products gave me quite severe acne.

I went to dermatologist and received prescription creams that cleared my skin.

on 9/21/2014 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I'm loving this oil! I usually mix my own, but this formula is something special. I have been using oils for years and had settled into using pure passionfruit seed oil. Love it still, but needed a bit more treatment around the t-zone thanks to bloody hormones. I use it day and night and I love how my skin feels less goopy without feeling tight. My sun-damaged skin on my neck (think recently plucked chicken) is smoother and less red. (Not what it promises to deliver, but I'm happy to run with it!!!) I love the fragrance - it's sort of floral/herbally green. Kind of thing I would choose in a perfume anyway. I bought it yesterday for 22 euros. It's in a 30ml bottle, and as I only use 1-2 drops, it will last for ages. I think it will travel well, too.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a big fan of oils on my face and body and this is one of my favourites. It smells beautifully with sweet, jasmine or ylang ylang like smell (although none of these are listed as an ingredient so it is clearly something else on the list but nethertheless very pleasant and soothing), not overpoweringly so and it does not cost an arm and a leg (looking at you Rodin and Marula oils!) and it is a real pleasure to use.

I am usually fighting with a dry, parched skin but somehow this oil works for me in my t-zone which I usually get congested and shiny. I am using it all over my face and neck overnight and in the morning I am waking up with a nicely plumped up skin although I sometimes need to add their Rose Cream on top (especially under eyes) as this oil has a mild astringent effect on me.

I am a bit wary of using it for the day as I've read that carrot oil might be photosensitive plus I have no idea how it would behave in a combination with my chemical sunscreen.

I do recommend going first with a mini version (5 ml bottle is really cute, affordable and lasts a good couple of weeks!) and then upgrade with the full sized product if you like it.

I promised myself to repurchase it soon but it might be a mini version next as I still have a big bottle of Clarins oil to get my hands onto and Hauschka will have to wait.

Love this!

on 3/30/2014 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

It's been about 5 months since I first bought this oil and I am still glad I have it on my bathroom counter ready to use. I went all out and bought the entire Dr. H acne skin care regime and liked it at first. After 5 weeks though not all the products were for me (I can do without lavender moor bath and the cleansing cream, and am debating about the toner) I stopped using the oil in summer since it was just too much for humid weather and my acne prone/pity-folliculitis prone skin but now that fall is back Im starting to use it again and am happy with the results.

A little really goes a long way for now, I use a small drop smoothed out in my hands and then press it on my face, just to coat the skin. More oil than that and my skin won't absorb it thus making for a shinny face. As the weather gets colder and drier Ill use more.

The only other face oil I have liked is Dr Ci Labo's "repair oil" which is similar and more dry, but I like Dr. H's better since it seems to help my acne. I know it sounds weird to put oil on oily skin but drying skin out to "kill" the acne and using oil free moisturizers was the recommended course of action from every dermatologist I saw! It seemed crazy back then to put oil on an acne grease face…but years later I started using non oil free moisturizers and liked how my skin reacted, it was hit or miss a lot but I found Ci Labo's repair oil which I used for 3 years before switching to Dr H's recently. I still take doctors' advice but knowing my own skin better now I adjust it to how I know my skin will react best. For example I went in for acne and pityrosporum folliculitis and my doc recommended washing but no moisturizers, I followed his advice for a week or so but my skin started over producing sebum so I started to adjust back to my old moisturizers and used the drying prescription cream when my skin would get bad. After a few weeks my skin balanced out with my tailored regime.

All in all I think this oil is worth a try. It lasts a long while, and is worth the higher price tag since the ingredients are high quality. The packaging is sturdy, but is glass so be careful about dropping it on the floor or in the sink.

My last advice is not to be afraid to tailor a skin routine for you, even if it goes against your doctors advice. Doctors don't always know best, you have known your body and your skin the longest and chances are you know what's best for it and what it needs and doesn't. Don't be afraid to mix and match, I went all out and did the whole Dr. H acne routine but after spending a lot of money I came to realize the routine all together was too moisturizing, and not putting on a moisturizer at night (per Dr. H's skin care advice) wasn't working for me.

on 11/5/2013 9:16:00 AM

It works perfectly on my combination clog-prone skin. It absorbs quickly and have a lovely herbal smell. It doesn't make me greasy even in the hot weather. I noticed that my skin were more calmer and most of the clogged pores were gone. I would absolutely buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The ONLY product I've tried that actually regulates my oiliness. I find it a bit pricey, but am willing to pay for something that gets results. HG for me. Smells nice too.