eos Lip Balm Sphere - Sweet Mint

eos Lip Balm Sphere - Sweet Mint
eos lip balm in mint

3.8

Coconut Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Beeswax, Jojoba Seed Oil, Peppermint Leaf Oil, Shea Butter, Stevia Leaf Extract, Flavor, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E)

Eos packaging is so cute and fun to apply, the flavors are appealing, and you get a nice quantity of balm inside (0.25 oz instead of the typical 0.15 oz). I love how you can get both lips with one swipe! Sweet Mint is my favorite of the flavors. It reminds me of creme de menthe buttercream frosting, and as a bonus it gives a mild cooling sensation to the lips. Nothing like Blistex or Burt's Bees, just a gentle tingle.

As for the balm itself, the package I bought today said "improved Formula," FWIW. I gather from previous reviews that this used to be more waxy and sticky. It feels very smooth and creamy to me. That being said, this balm is relatively fast-absorbing and doesn't leave a thick coat on lips. It wouldn't be good for healing chapped lips, nor as an overnight treatment. However, if you're just trying to maintain healthy lips or to alleviate minor everyday dryness, this is an appealing product to get you there. Bonus: leaves a matte-ish healthy sheen behind and would make a great lipstick base.

on 8/2/2018 6:48:00 PM

I really wanted to love this lip balm because the packaging is so cute, but it was not kind to my lips. The product was drying, and caused my lips to become inflamed and flaky. It took several days to calm the redness down, during which time my family took to calling me 'clown lips.!' As for the lip balm itself, it is a lovely texture, not too shiny, and it smells really nice. I may have had a bad reaction to this balm - but beware that it may also cause an allergic reaction if you too have sensitive skin.

It smells really nice and refreshing, like spearmint gum. The scent is perfect if you like mint flavours/scents like me and its not overpowering. When you apply it your lips tingle a bit from the mint in it, but nothing bad. It's very moisturizing and with a little bit your lips are perfect. It's not greasy or waxy, it glides on your lips very easily and lasted a lot for me. It took me about 8 months to finish it completely. The sphere is compact so you can put it on a pencil case makeup bag backpack or whatever you want. It's very practical. On my lips it lasted about 6 hours applying two layers on my lips. I totally recomend it

I normally love eos, but the last couple sweet mint balms I have had have been horrifically waxy -- to the point where I can't even run my lips together because it's so sticky. Maybe they've reformulated this flavour? Unfortunately I probably won't be repurchasing sweet mint, which is sad because it always my favourite:(

on 3/23/2017 12:46:00 PM

Terrible. Dried out my lips even more.

on 2/14/2017 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I ended up with a handful of these things from gifts. The smell and taste were SOOOO good that I didn't realize a major problem. They go on buttery and smooth but after a short while using them I began to experience MAJOR dermatitis around my mouth. I was having other skin problems at the time and going through different products and just didn't make the connection. Upon further online research I saw that MANY people were experiencing the same issue as I was after using these cute little eggs.
In sumation, taste and smell; heaven. Actual effect on lips and surrounding skin; HELL.

on 2/13/2017 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Total waste of money for me. I like the scent but it makes my lips feel dry after about 15 minutes.
With other lip balms like chapstick or even just vaseline, I can put those on at night and know I will wake up with smooth moisturized lips. With this balm before I can even fall asleep my lips are already dry again. First and last purchase of any lip product from eos.

on 1/5/2017 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I found that they made my lips dry out which made me apply more and more on to my lips to try and moisturize. I thew them away and stopped buying the product!!

on 12/1/2016 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

When you apply it goes on smoothly, but once you stop for a few days your lips get really dry and crack which is why I don't like these!

on 12/1/2016 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Not a huge fan of eos - but my 12 year old likes the packaging and a few of the "flavors". Sweet mint is not our fave - but it's ok. I am still convinced that over use of balms can worsen chapping.

Top Rated Lip Treatments