CVS Eye Make-up Remover (similar to Neutrogena)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
CVS Eye Make-up Remover (similar to Neutrogena)

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I picked this up in CVS, simply because the price for the Neutrogena was almost $10.00 and this was only $6.50 for twice the amount of product. Now, the first thing I did was flip both bottles over and read the ingredient list to make sure they were exact same formula, which they are. The ingredient list runs in exactly the same order on both bottles. A friend clued me in a long time ago about comparing ingredient lists. If it states on the bottle it's "similar" to the brand name, the ingredient list has to be the same.

So I purchased it and took it home. I fine absolutely no difference in this and the Neutrogena formula. Works every bit as good. Having worked as a cosmetics SA for 12 years, I do have a hint to share. LET THE PRODUCT WORK. Soak your cotton pad and then apply to your eyelids and let it sit for at least 20 - 30 seconds to break down the eye makeup. If you just start swiping, it's not going to do you any good and just create a mess. This goes for expensive or inexpensive removers. When I was trained by various high end cosmetics companies, we were always told to do this.

Also, if you have a CVS card and get the extra bucks, you can get this at a good discount. Join the Beauty Club and you get $5 extra bucks for every $50 you spend. I just picked up a second bottle for .50 cents (I am in NO WAY affiliated with CVS).

Twice the product at the same price. Yep, definitely repurchasing!

Love this stuff. People need to quit being babies because this stuff will literally take off anything. My eyelids got extremely weirdly dry and flakey this winter (have been using this stuff for years) no idea why I'm sure this was partly this product but I now know it wasn't the real culprit.

I switched to a few different ones, mainly the new Simple makeup remover which is complete crap. I am a stickler about finishing a product even if I don't like it but I couldn't stand it anymore with the Simple so I went out and repurchased this.

First time back using it, it was completely night and day. Two swipes on each and eye and you are good to go, no having to wash any residue off after. I definitely would not consider this to leave an oily residue. I wouldn't recommend reapplying a smokey eye directly after this but after a few minutes you are dry.

Do yourself a favor and just go out and buy this stuff, when you need to take your makeup off, drunk at 2 am, there is no time for crappy remover or even the health consciously grease ball of coconut oil.

on 4/28/2013 12:43:00 AM

This review is for the eye makeup remover pads. I think they work better than Neutrogena. They seem to have more makeup remover on them, and it took my waterproof eyeliner and mascara right off. I also love the scent.

on 7/2/2009 2:15:00 PM

Being a regular user of Neutrogena's two-part eye makeup remover, when this was out of stock in my local CVS, I picked up the store brand instead. I thought this would be comparable in quality, also it was $2 cheaper and a larger bottle. This is not as good as the Neutrogena remover, this CVS knock-off feels a lot more watered down. I have to use twice as much product to take off my waterproof mascara, and I still end up with most of it left on my lashes. The packaging is almost identical, but that is where the similarity ends. I won't be buying this again, I will stick to what works! continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials