CVS Eye Make-up Remover (similar to Neutrogena)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
CVS Eye Make-up Remover (similar to Neutrogena)

3.8

Love this stuff. People need to quit being babies because this stuff will literally take off anything. My eyelids got extremely weirdly dry and flakey this winter (have been using this stuff for years) no idea why I'm sure this was partly this product but I now know it wasn't the real culprit.

I switched to a few different ones, mainly the new Simple makeup remover which is complete crap. I am a stickler about finishing a product even if I don't like it but I couldn't stand it anymore with the Simple so I went out and repurchased this.

First time back using it, it was completely night and day. Two swipes on each and eye and you are good to go, no having to wash any residue off after. I definitely would not consider this to leave an oily residue. I wouldn't recommend reapplying a smokey eye directly after this but after a few minutes you are dry.

Do yourself a favor and just go out and buy this stuff, when you need to take your makeup off, drunk at 2 am, there is no time for crappy remover or even the health consciously grease ball of coconut oil.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

LOVE This. Much better than the Mary Kay or Lancome eye makeup remover. Cheap, effective, and gentle!

on 2/11/2015 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

on 4/28/2013 12:43:00 AM

This review is for the eye makeup remover pads. I think they work better than Neutrogena. They seem to have more makeup remover on them, and it took my waterproof eyeliner and mascara right off. I also love the scent.

So far liking it and its economical. No irritation. Though the oil free is misleading. Its more like a non mineral makeup remover that soothes and leaves a light moisture film-which is gone by the morning. I would only use this at night, but its not much good for say, fixing makeup boo boos which I was also looking for. Still would consider repurchasing. I go this for 5.99 US dollars. I usually just use Vaseline (being the cheap skate I am now) for taking off mascara or heavy eye makeup so this is a nicer alternative.

PS Targets Up and Up (?) brand is good for fixing makeup and is totally oil free tho may have *some* slight irritation if you rub it in to clean mascara off.

This is great! Same thing as Neutrogena, at a lesser price! a little goes a long way, and in addition to removing eye makeup it also removes face makeup (which i use as my first step in removing my Revlon Colorstay).
Will and have repurchase(d) again and again.

on 10/25/2011 4:37:00 AM

For me, this make-up remover works wonders! It takes off my mascara and eyeliner very quickly and with no hassle! I don't go through this product too fast so I just buy the trial size and it lasts me quite a while. The only gripe I have is with the packaging -- my first bottle I had leaked on me no matter how tightly I closed the cap!! This product doesn't sting my eyes and it hasn't given me a reaction of any sort so far.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

They had this on sale and it's supposed to be similiar to the L'Oreal one as it says on the bottle. But, I didn't find this near as good! I've used the L'Oreal one years ago and found it to work just fine. When I finished off my Lancome BiFacil, I tried this one out. Well, this just seemed useless! I had to really rub just to get some of the extra shadow off and no matter what, it left some mascara/liner on. I tried this for a couple days and was ready to toss it out of frustration. It says it's gentle, but maybe TOO gentle as it just doesn't remove all of my eye makeup! I ended up returning it and just getting back to my trusted BiFacil.

This is the worst eye makeup remover I've ever used. This is NOTHING like Neutrogena's. I dont even wear waterproof mascara, and it doesn't budge with this stuff. I have to literally rub the crap out of my eye to the point that it's red and irritated for this to work the slightest bit. This stuff is horrible, dont waste your money, and shell out the extra $2 for the Neutrogena.

on 11/22/2009 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I just finished the Almay OIl-Free Eye Make-Up Remover and it worked but not as well as this one. This takes off everything, including my mascara in just a few swipes with the cotton ball. You have to shake it up to activate it. It does make m eye sight a little blurry after using it but it goes away quickly. Doesn't burn my eyes either.