CVS Eye Make-up Remover (similar to Neutrogena)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
CVS Eye Make-up Remover (similar to Neutrogena)

3.6

on 11/29/2015 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Um. WOW. This stuff is great, especially when you consider the price tag.

I had been using expensive makeup wipes for a while, but I had to practically scrub my eyes to get everything off - in the end not only were my eyelids sore, but I could never get off all the mascara. Not to mention I have very sensitive eyes that react badly to almost anything, including makeup remover. The CVS employee recommended this stuff, since it was cheap AND gentle, and damn. I'm in love.

This is a huge bottle of product, and it works like a charm. I just tip the bottle over twice to mix it, then wet a balled up bit of toilet paper and wipe my eyes. One swipe gets rid of all the eye shadow, and a couple more swipes on the lashes/lash line gets rid of mascara and eyeliner like a damn charm. Also, I have accidentally splashes this in my eyes - it doesn't hurt at all.

It'll take a while to use all of this up, but I WILL be happily repurchasing when it's empty.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I picked this up in CVS, simply because the price for the Neutrogena was almost $10.00 and this was only $6.50 for twice the amount of product. Now, the first thing I did was flip both bottles over and read the ingredient list to make sure they were exact same formula, which they are. The ingredient list runs in exactly the same order on both bottles. A friend clued me in a long time ago about comparing ingredient lists. If it states on the bottle it's "similar" to the brand name, the ingredient list has to be the same.

So I purchased it and took it home. I fine absolutely no difference in this and the Neutrogena formula. Works every bit as good. Having worked as a cosmetics SA for 12 years, I do have a hint to share. LET THE PRODUCT WORK. Soak your cotton pad and then apply to your eyelids and let it sit for at least 20 - 30 seconds to break down the eye makeup. If you just start swiping, it's not going to do you any good and just create a mess. This goes for expensive or inexpensive removers. When I was trained by various high end cosmetics companies, we were always told to do this.

Also, if you have a CVS card and get the extra bucks, you can get this at a good discount. Join the Beauty Club and you get $5 extra bucks for every $50 you spend. I just picked up a second bottle for .50 cents (I am in NO WAY affiliated with CVS).

Twice the product at the same price. Yep, definitely repurchasing!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

LOVE This. Much better than the Mary Kay or Lancome eye makeup remover. Cheap, effective, and gentle!

on 4/28/2013 12:43:00 AM

This review is for the eye makeup remover pads. I think they work better than Neutrogena. They seem to have more makeup remover on them, and it took my waterproof eyeliner and mascara right off. I also love the scent.

on 11/7/2012 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is great. I agree, like Neutrogena knock off. I saw some reviews on here that were talking about the L'Oreal version. That's not what this one is. This is different. The L'oreal Knock off is like L'Oreal original, crap. This one is good. I've also bought the Harmon's version of this. Same thing. The Neutrogena formula and it's knock offs are good.

on 9/21/2012 4:56:00 AM

This eye makeup remover is somewhat potent and will get the job done. I usually have to spend some time in between my eye lashes to get all the makeup off. I guess I wish it were a bit stronger so I did not have to do that. It also leaves my skin feeling greasy after I use it. This is fine if I need to wash my face off anyway, it will come off with cleanser, but not if I am just touching up a makeup mishap. It also seems to greatly irritate my eyes, especially in the morning, and I do not have sensitive eyes.

on 4/25/2011 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Overall Rating: 2 (1 = worst, 5 = best)
Price: 3 (1 = dirt cheap, 5 = expensive)
Pkg Quality: 4
Would I re-purchase?: Absolutely NOT!

HOLY OUCHHHH!!!!! This BURNS like no other! I cannot tell you how flakey and red my undereye and lid/lash area was after using this (for just one night!) I don't know WHAT it was but it HURT so bad! Unfortunately I didn't have funds enough for another one till I ran out of it, so I had to use it up *grumble*. It was awful! My eyes are still angry and aggravated from using it, I've had to lay off of makeup for awhile.

I remember the price being decent, but not drugstore cheap, especially not significantly cheaper than the Neutrogena one it is supposed to compare to (which it doesn't at all!) After all that, it doesn't even remove all your eye makeup!

The screw top lid can be annoying as it would unscrew easily and spill sometimes, but overall the packaging was ok. Could have been less bulky with more product. Definitely WON'T be repurchasing this, I am now using the Neutrogena oil free (blue one) that this one is supposed to compare to and am much happier.

I hope this helped, I'd highly reccomend spending a bit more and going for the neutrogena one. Going cheap for this just wasn't worth it for me.

This is the worst eye makeup remover I've ever used. This is NOTHING like Neutrogena's. I dont even wear waterproof mascara, and it doesn't budge with this stuff. I have to literally rub the crap out of my eye to the point that it's red and irritated for this to work the slightest bit. This stuff is horrible, dont waste your money, and shell out the extra $2 for the Neutrogena.