CVS Eye Make-up Remover (similar to Neutrogena)

CVS Eye Make-up Remover (similar to Neutrogena)

3.6

on 8/19/2013 10:23:00 PM

This is the worst eye makeup remover ever made. It totally dried out the skin on my eyelids and made it sting. I have never had an eye makeup remover do that before. It will take lots of eye cream to recover. I only used it about 1 week before I noticed it getting worse and worse. I will never use this again and do not recommend. It has alcohol in it so I think that is what caused it. What company would be alcohol in a product for sensitive skin around the eyes? I checked Neutrogena and their ingredients are the same so that one is just as bad. Just horrible.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

They had this on sale and it's supposed to be similiar to the L'Oreal one as it says on the bottle. But, I didn't find this near as good! I've used the L'Oreal one years ago and found it to work just fine. When I finished off my Lancome BiFacil, I tried this one out. Well, this just seemed useless! I had to really rub just to get some of the extra shadow off and no matter what, it left some mascara/liner on. I tried this for a couple days and was ready to toss it out of frustration. It says it's gentle, but maybe TOO gentle as it just doesn't remove all of my eye makeup! I ended up returning it and just getting back to my trusted BiFacil.

This is the worst eye makeup remover I've ever used. This is NOTHING like Neutrogena's. I dont even wear waterproof mascara, and it doesn't budge with this stuff. I have to literally rub the crap out of my eye to the point that it's red and irritated for this to work the slightest bit. This stuff is horrible, dont waste your money, and shell out the extra $2 for the Neutrogena.

on 9/21/2012 4:56:00 AM

This eye makeup remover is somewhat potent and will get the job done. I usually have to spend some time in between my eye lashes to get all the makeup off. I guess I wish it were a bit stronger so I did not have to do that. It also leaves my skin feeling greasy after I use it. This is fine if I need to wash my face off anyway, it will come off with cleanser, but not if I am just touching up a makeup mishap. It also seems to greatly irritate my eyes, especially in the morning, and I do not have sensitive eyes.

on 4/25/2011 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Overall Rating: 2 (1 = worst, 5 = best)
Price: 3 (1 = dirt cheap, 5 = expensive)
Pkg Quality: 4
Would I re-purchase?: Absolutely NOT!

HOLY OUCHHHH!!!!! This BURNS like no other! I cannot tell you how flakey and red my undereye and lid/lash area was after using this (for just one night!) I don't know WHAT it was but it HURT so bad! Unfortunately I didn't have funds enough for another one till I ran out of it, so I had to use it up *grumble*. It was awful! My eyes are still angry and aggravated from using it, I've had to lay off of makeup for awhile.

I remember the price being decent, but not drugstore cheap, especially not significantly cheaper than the Neutrogena one it is supposed to compare to (which it doesn't at all!) After all that, it doesn't even remove all your eye makeup!

The screw top lid can be annoying as it would unscrew easily and spill sometimes, but overall the packaging was ok. Could have been less bulky with more product. Definitely WON'T be repurchasing this, I am now using the Neutrogena oil free (blue one) that this one is supposed to compare to and am much happier.

I hope this helped, I'd highly reccomend spending a bit more and going for the neutrogena one. Going cheap for this just wasn't worth it for me.

on 10/24/2010 2:21:00 AM

This is a terrible product. This does not remove my makeup (and most days I only wear mascara and at most, nude eyeshadow to blend with my pale skin). I end up with smudges under my eyes and when I remove those, I still have makeup left the next morning.

The only reason I'm still using it is that I'm cheap and I'm afraid of buying another equally bad product. I will have to keep searching for my favourite, Vichy, in the US.

on 7/2/2009 2:15:00 PM

Being a regular user of Neutrogena's two-part eye makeup remover, when this was out of stock in my local CVS, I picked up the store brand instead. I thought this would be comparable in quality, also it was $2 cheaper and a larger bottle. This is not as good as the Neutrogena remover, this CVS knock-off feels a lot more watered down. I have to use twice as much product to take off my waterproof mascara, and I still end up with most of it left on my lashes. The packaging is almost identical, but that is where the similarity ends. I won't be buying this again, I will stick to what works! continued >>

So far liking it and its economical. No irritation. Though the oil free is misleading. Its more like a non mineral makeup remover that soothes and leaves a light moisture film-which is gone by the morning. I would only use this at night, but its not much good for say, fixing makeup boo boos which I was also looking for. Still would consider repurchasing. I go this for 5.99 US dollars. I usually just use Vaseline (being the cheap skate I am now) for taking off mascara or heavy eye makeup so this is a nicer alternative.

PS Targets Up and Up (?) brand is good for fixing makeup and is totally oil free tho may have *some* slight irritation if you rub it in to clean mascara off.

on 11/7/2012 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is great. I agree, like Neutrogena knock off. I saw some reviews on here that were talking about the L'Oreal version. That's not what this one is. This is different. The L'oreal Knock off is like L'Oreal original, crap. This one is good. I've also bought the Harmon's version of this. Same thing. The Neutrogena formula and it's knock offs are good.

This is great! Same thing as Neutrogena, at a lesser price! a little goes a long way, and in addition to removing eye makeup it also removes face makeup (which i use as my first step in removing my Revlon Colorstay).
Will and have repurchase(d) again and again.