CVS Eye Make-up Remover (similar to Neutrogena)

Filtered by age: 44-55
CVS Eye Make-up Remover (similar to Neutrogena)

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I picked this up in CVS, simply because the price for the Neutrogena was almost $10.00 and this was only $6.50 for twice the amount of product. Now, the first thing I did was flip both bottles over and read the ingredient list to make sure they were exact same formula, which they are. The ingredient list runs in exactly the same order on both bottles. A friend clued me in a long time ago about comparing ingredient lists. If it states on the bottle it's "similar" to the brand name, the ingredient list has to be the same.

So I purchased it and took it home. I fine absolutely no difference in this and the Neutrogena formula. Works every bit as good. Having worked as a cosmetics SA for 12 years, I do have a hint to share. LET THE PRODUCT WORK. Soak your cotton pad and then apply to your eyelids and let it sit for at least 20 - 30 seconds to break down the eye makeup. If you just start swiping, it's not going to do you any good and just create a mess. This goes for expensive or inexpensive removers. When I was trained by various high end cosmetics companies, we were always told to do this.

Also, if you have a CVS card and get the extra bucks, you can get this at a good discount. Join the Beauty Club and you get $5 extra bucks for every $50 you spend. I just picked up a second bottle for .50 cents (I am in NO WAY affiliated with CVS).

Twice the product at the same price. Yep, definitely repurchasing!

on 8/19/2013 10:23:00 PM

This is the worst eye makeup remover ever made. It totally dried out the skin on my eyelids and made it sting. I have never had an eye makeup remover do that before. It will take lots of eye cream to recover. I only used it about 1 week before I noticed it getting worse and worse. I will never use this again and do not recommend. It has alcohol in it so I think that is what caused it. What company would be alcohol in a product for sensitive skin around the eyes? I checked Neutrogena and their ingredients are the same so that one is just as bad. Just horrible.

on 6/24/2011 1:45:00 AM

Wow, I am shocked at such bad reviews of this product! I am constantly looking for an alternative to Lancome Bi-Facil. Even though technically I can "afford" it, I prefer to spend my money elsewhere, like an expensive foundation. At any rate, I thought this remover did just as good a job as Neutrogena. It does not irritate my eyes. Everyone's eyes are different however, so I think it is cheap enough to try to see if you like it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials